Divock Origi (FW) Besiktas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

That's because I have only seen it in this page.... so it's a public knowledge that he doesn't have the motivation and bad work ethics? Or you're just taking one's word for it and use it? I have not been on for nearly a week - so no chance on reading every page.

Anyway - could he just be due to lacking in the quality or ability to progress to the heights the manager required him to do? If he's lazy, he would have been sold off last season. And I have no problem questioning anyone in here....
Maybe you should actually read what has already been discussed before challenging people in the hopes of starting arguments then?

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Maybe you should actually read what has already been discussed before challenging people in the hopes of starting arguments then?
Oh and the argument is valid...
Can only think the stories of his attitude and behaviour that wafted out of Germany last year are something of an albatross around his neck.
The post you mentioned.... against...
If Origi had motivation and a hard working attitude (and longer than 12 months left on his deal) we probably wouldn't be selling him for 1 and itd probably be for over 40 million if we were for another.
The former was used as something he read and has the probability of being true (mind you this is coming from Germany, could also probably think they could make us drop our asking price), While the latter used it with authority to negate other's opinion as fact. See the difference?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Oh and the argument is valid...

The post you mentioned.... against...

The former was used as something he read and has the probability of being true (mind you this is coming from Germany, could also probably think they could make us drop our asking price), While the latter used it with authority to negate other's opinion as fact. See the difference?
I've never used anything with authority in my life. Maybe you take my opinions too seriously? I only ever talk on my own behalf. I can only ever put forward what I believe and think as a consequence. As you regularly take an affront to my posts in surprised you haven't muted me by now. It's getting old and boring.

gr_sounder

Origi definitely has the talent. It's the desire I think is lacking to give him a chance to be a true superstar, and I'm not talking workrate in games or even the desire to win games.
There is just a certain something that some players have that give them the drive in practice, outside of practice, always wanting to learn new things or better themselves in some way so they have an extra tool in the chest for the next game, or possibly one 3 games from now. That's what I've not seen in Origi.

This isn't saying he's lazy in games - I don't think he is.
This isn't saying he's a bad professional - I think he's a very good player.
This isn't saying he doesn't work in training - I have no clue but I'm guessing he's fine.
Only a select few players in the world have the technical ability, physical skills, and the mental drive to become stars on top teams. The other 99.x percent of players just become good players on good teams. There is nothing wrong with this.

I do hope Divock finds his niche and he could be a great option for many teams... but it doesn' tlook like he's going to be a good fit for Liverpool down the road. Best of luck to him where he lands.

Red over the water

Exactly! If Origi could put it all together he would be an important member of our squad and there’s no way we’d be letting him go. All the physical tools are there, but there’s a gap between that and applying himself to devastating effect.

Even without that final piece (and there’s no point arguing over what we might call it, reading a bit back in the thread - call it desire, application, hunger, restlessness, trouble, whatever... the end result is he is not quite the top player we thought he might become) he is still a good player.

How good? Not quite good enough for us, especially as we have improved leaps and bounds. But definitely good enough for two thirds of the Prem, and someone, somewhere, will be looking at options to bring them 10 goals this season, and Origi’s name should be in the mix for that, for about half the price of a Richarlison.

It will be an interesting few days. If he doesn’t sign for a Prem team, we should be trying to extend his deal so as to not get robbed blind by someone in Europe. On the other hand, I have some sympathy for the player, as a continual cycle of loans has to become counterproductive for your career prospects at some point.

OCred

I still say Origi would have hit that next level, had that cnut Funes Mori not cut him down at the end if the season with a Europa final looming. Definitely set him back.
I like many here, feel the same. I like Origi, and would rather keep him and see what happens. Thinking back to prior to being purposely injured ( harsh foul or whatever u want to call it), his hold up play was good. Yes, not as clinical, true that. But I much rather keep him and have a bloated squad especially with respect to our front 3 cover and all the cup games etc.

Yes, would love to see a fit Sturridge doing his thing, Dom a work in progress, but don’t crucify me, a Rashford he is not, so let’s see how another year of training with first team helps Dom develop.

I think Origi wants that chance to show what he’s got. Ok, I didn’t watch preseason, only read fellow members commentary which I value.

But unless an offer for him that meets the club valuation, let’s keep him. Don’t want to write him off like Markovich, who can play, but not at LFC. Origi could still deliver, and I think this is his last chance. Unless, his last chance was preseason.

Klopp knows what goes on in training, and as such, whatever he decides will be the case. But something inside me thinks Origi is still one of us.

Just my opinion. Time will tell.

GTA_G20

FirminoFan
Speaking of origi selling shirts.....I have one. I thought he was gonna be an upcoming talent when he first joined and then he faded.
Loan last year I thought would rejuvenate him similarly to.how sturridge didn't play much for West Broadway but came home and was revitalized. Tho origi is still young. I hope he gets his head right.

We lost Danny ings as front line cover. I'd prefer to keep origi over solanke if he can sort his head out..

Caradoc

Y Goeden Bywyd
I’m not sure what’s gone wrong with Origi but whatever it is I suspect its in the lad’s top 2 inches.

The club has moved on since he last demonstrated that he had anything to offer. They’re not going to wait around for him to get his act together. He’s still only 23. If he had any sense he’d be banging on Klopp’s door begging for a chance to play for the club’s U23s and then work his bollox off. He might just be able to rescue his situation that way.

Last edited:

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Origi got screwed over last season at Wolfsburg - 3 managers in one season is never going to help a young player settle into any rhythm, and therefore form.

Until that wanker Mori fucked him during the derby, he was looking really promising.

I'm on the fence with what happens with him in terms of stay or go now - but I don't want him loaned out again - it's got to be time to cash in?! My reservation with this is that injuries to two of our front players and suddenly we look short again! Brewster not fit until Christmas - and we don't even know if he will be able to make any impact.

Anfield rd Dreamer

I'd be keeping one of Ojo or Origi this season as emergency cover till at least Jan (when Brewster should be back). Difficult situation as we are likely to lose money on one or possibly both as both their contracts end after this season I think. But says it all about how far Origi has/hasn't come to put him in same category as Ojo.

Prolix

Long Time Nemesis™
Until that wanker Mori fucked him during the derby, he was looking really promising.
That was nearly 2 and a half years ago now and it keeps getting brought up as the reason Origi hasn't been able to make it at LFC. Is that really not enough time to have played himself back into fitness and form?

Unfortunately the more likely conclusion is that he just isn't good enough.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
That was nearly 2 and a half years ago now and it keeps getting brought up as the reason Origi hasn't been able to make it at LFC. Is that really not enough time to have played himself back into fitness and form?

Unfortunately the more likely conclusion is that he just isn't good enough.
He was injured in April 2016 - at which point he was on his good run of form. That injury ended his season. The following season (16/17) he had injury issues and then ended up not being able to get into the team. Last season was his Wolfsburg.

However, I don't use the Funes Mori injury as the sole reason he failed. Just think he has potential to be very good - however, like you, I believe his time is now up. If he had a stable loan season last season, things may have been different. It's all about now. Like Ings, the squad quality has moved beyond what Origi can bring.

Not overly fussed - he didn't cost as much as the likes of Markovic. Now it's Solanke's turn to be on the last chance express otherwise he will be gone this time next year.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Dear sweet christ - Origi was out for a couple of weeks with that injury. The only reason it "ended his season" was because it happened at the end of April.
Yep he was back for the final I think so didn't even end his season. Physically did the footballing equivalent of fuck all. He just lost his confidence and passion. Far too much is made of that run of form anyway. To hear some on here you'd think he looked like the next big thing. He looked promising and someone who could develop into a decent cover option at CF who would offer a challenge to the first choice CF creating a bit of competition for places. He looked promising for that role and that was about it. To put it into context the 6 month run of form Carroll had at Newcastle before we bought him was a lot more impressive.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Yep he was back for the final I think so didn't even end his season. Physically did the footballing equivalent of fuck all. He just lost his confidence and passion. Far too much is made of that run of form anyway. To hear some on here you'd think he looked like the next big thing. He looked promising and someone who could develop into a decent cover option at CF who would offer a challenge to the first choice CF creating a bit of competition for places. He looked promising for that role and that was about it. To put it into context the 6 month run of form Carroll had at Newcastle before we bought him was a lot more impressive.
Is unfortunately a lot closer to the truth than we'd like to admit. The reality is that rather than being a good player with occasional dips in form, he's been by and large an average player (with an attitude problem) with occasional flashes of good form. He was given his opportunity to go out on loan last year and show his passion and willingness to push on, but he did neither.

At some point, laying all that at the feet of some random no mark defender who yes, went in nastily, but in reality did little damage has to stop.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Is unfortunately a lot closer to the truth than we'd like to admit. The reality is that rather than being a good player with occasional dips in form, he's been by and large an average player (with an attitude problem) with occasional flashes of good form. He was given his opportunity to go out on loan last year and show his passion and willingness to push on, but he did neither.

At some point, laying all that at the feet of some random no mark defender who yes, went in nastily, but in reality did little damage has to stop.
Even those occasional flashes of good form amount to two in 5 and a bit years. We agreed a deal for a young hopeful that wasn't that exciting or talked about much. He went the world cup due to injuries, played well and impressed without contributing much in way of goals or assists. We thought we'd found a great bargain of a deal. He then stunk the place out in France for another year and here at first too. Then he had a great run of form in between two injuries aftee Klopp had arrived (but not at first under Klopp). But even then it was blown out the water as it was 16 games and only 5 goals and 1 assist. Just the goals came in a run of 8/9 games or something. Since then he's stank up everywhere he has gone. He has technical ability and great physical traits and should be a lot better than he is.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
There are plenty of players who have "all the tools" to be successful but never make it as a elite player. I think many on here just rate Origi highly because he is ours.

To me, he is the Belgian Welbeck in that he shows very brief glimpses of potential that is never fulfilled and the opposing team's fans laugh when he is brought on.

Except he isn't even as good as Welbeck...

Mark Thurgood

friend of mine thinks he’s heard Sheff Wed are interested in Origi on loan. No links I’m afraid, apparently on Wednesday forum though.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
Interesting from Echo, they are saying that Origi has two years left on his contract instead of one. According to them, Valencia (and Wolves) ships have sailed, so Dortmund is his best chance at this moment because they are short on strikers. Probably a move that he would fancy given their standing but not one I would have expected them to make two or three years back. Well, let's hope they follow up on their interest, I'm all for building good, stable relationship with such a club (though cynic will say that I'm actually hoping for them to grease the wheels of future Pulišić transfer).

big noyd

Interesting from Echo, they are saying that Origi has two years left on his contract instead of one.
the discussions of a loan move would make a lot more sense, in that case

shame he turned down wolves, if that report is true--can't imagine we do better than 22m +. still only 23 and unlike can i don't think we have any interest in retaining him long-term, so it's not bad news if he's another year away from leaving for nothing

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
According to Neil Jones (and James Pearce), Liverpool have ended the negotiations with Dortmund because they want a permanent deal, not a loan:

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/live...ove-as-reds-refuse/13vbssctjlq0d1ix9rc5ne25tw

Maybe this will free up Solanke for a loan move, though it could be difficult to find a right club for him with so little time remaining in transfer window. Actually, loan moves be concluded after the transfer window has closed, right? Still, a lot of clubs will have found what they are looking for by then...

Danny_

To be honest, he needs to leave. It's the best thing for him and us as he isn't going to make it here. So, if all they were offering was a loan, we are better off rejecting it.

GaryBarlow99

But ffs lower the asking price to something realistic like 12-15m. 27m is is vastly over priced for player even in current market.
If he has got two years left then I think its a fair price. £20m with £5m add-ons would be a good deal for Origi.

Have a look at some of the prices of players in less crucial positions who have been in poorer leagues than ours. Goalscorers always go for more. I know our fans like to look down on our players and over hype ones at other clubs but some of the prices below would seem 'fair' but who are they and what have they done to justify them?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/statistik/saisontransfers

Status
Not open for further replies.