• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Do we need a new Captain?

Should Jordan Henderson be captain of Liverpool for the 2018-19 season?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
100% all of this. Literally every single one of us has made a thought in a moment based on how we were feeling and what we were seeing IN that moment, that we later changed our minds about. Literally every single one of us. It’s what makes us human. Does not in any way make us any less of a supporter.
We'd have had Tom Ince and Ricky Van Wolfswinkel in our attack if I'd have been listened to at all times!

Maria

EPL, European & FIFA World club Champions❤✊
Ad-free Member
In my opinionlollol, sorry, I am trying to be serious here, but some of you crack melol. I will start again.

I think I agree @Eintrachtfan, wei do need a new captain but I would stick with Henderson for now ( and I cannot see anyone in that team right now who could possibly take over right, apart from possibly Milner who does not play that often at the moment, you don't want to upset the morale of the team. I think Klopp is taking the flak to protect his players and maybe our future captain is not at LFC yet.

ETA: agree with @Livvy too, she makes a very valid points about inexperience of our young players in the squad who now playing in European tournaments.
I must have been on some hallucinogen when I said that. We doubted Henderson, but Jurgen told us to believe in our Captain. He was right. It's when your Dad gives you sound advice, but you do the opposite of that advice and then years later, you realise your Dad was right all along.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
This thread was started just after we'd drawn 3-3 at Sevilla in the CL after being 3 goals up. Coincidentally today Lallana in his farewell interview talked about the aftermath of that game and a conversation he had with Henderson about the pressure of captaincy. Reading between the lines it sounded like Henderson was doubting himself a little so it's not surprising that many of us did too.

For me back then it was less about Henderson and more about the fragile mentality of the squad because the collapse against Sevilla wasn't an isolated incident but a regular occurence that went back years, long before JK arrived. Very different now when just about every regular starter can have a claim to being amongst the best in his position in the world but it didn't happen overnight and it wasn't inevitable that it would happen so I've no problem with a lot of the early comments in this thread.

Henderson has experienced so much disappointment and doubt for the vast majority of his Liverpool career but has now achieved everything he could have wished for. It's a brilliant story and it couldn't have happened to a nicer lad.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
I know lots of people are not that bothered about the international scene, but he should have been made England Captain, he was the right man for the job, and i believe since that snub by that idiot in a waistcoat, he has proven what a great leader he is both on and off the pitch.

SBYM

What the fuck do you want?
Ad-free Member
Hahaha

Forgot about this thread.

Fucking hell...

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
we should change our captain of course.

In 6 years time when he retires as a legend.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
We shouldn't be crazy to change captain mid season. Till now Hendo is ok as a captain. But nowadays neither is he able to stay fit thru the season nor is the first name on the team sheet when he is fit. Going forward i see Mane, Salah, Bobby, VVD, Robbo and ox (in midfield) as first names on the sheet, if they are available and not tired/fatigue. So I think VVD and Ox should be considered for cap/vc for next season. I would say Ox as captain and VVD as vice.
What load of bullshit. Who the fuck is this stupid guy. Thinks Ox needs to be captain. :LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Noo Noo

I simply thought that he would never be the same player again after the foot injury in February 2017 that ruled him out for the rest of that season.

How wrong I was.
Happens to the best of us I'm afraid.

We are the epitome of Dunning Kruger.
We know enough to make us dangerous, but in reality we know F all.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
I simply thought that he would never be the same player again after the foot injury in February 2017 that ruled him out for the rest of that season.

How wrong I was.
Unforgivable really.

I think any football related point you try to make from here on in should be assessed with the knowledge you were absolutely wrong on this.

It very much has compromised you, not just as a football fan, but as a human being.