Dominic Solanke (ST) Chelsea

Discussion in 'Rumour Mill - Transfer Talk' started by SoueysTash, May 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RMP

RMP TIA First Team

Unfortunate for Ings, although I could see Ings staying with Sturridge leaving.

So it could possibly be
    1. Firmino
    2. Origi
    3. Ings/Solanke

And that is without us signing that big name striker that we haven't so far been linked with.

2. Iluvatar

Iluvatar Eru

We are assembling quite the impressive young English side...

Ojo, Solanke, Brewster, Trent-AA, Ejaria, Gomez etc.

Cologne-Liverpool likes this.
  3. Limiescouse

Limiescouse Well-Known Member

He wont have developed meaningfully because he hasnt played. Two years ago, as a 17 year old, he had a decent loan spell at Vitese. This past season he was kept at Chelsea at got the grand total of about 2 appearances on the bench. It was a backwards step for a player who should have been looking to build on his decent time in Holland. He and the club had a break down in their relationship over this, and so he made it clear he was going to let his contract expire and move on and so the club put him to pasture for the second half of the season. For a player so well regarded for his age group it is the sort of move we should be looking to make. The issue is, after the Ings Tribunal, the compensation now seems like a crap shoot we could get burned on.

redfanman and Jase like this.
  4. JMac8

JMac8 Well-Known Member

Not much downside given fee and wages. He'd only need to score a few goals in the cup and someone will pay 10-15m (see J Ibe).

However, from his perspective I'm not sure that he'll get more games with us than he would at Chelsea?

5. jgw_geneseo

jgw_geneseo Expert YouTube scout

With only two appearances on the bench, not sure how you can argue for a large fee. Ings was scoring goals to keep his team up and was first name on the team sheet. I think this one will be a bit more cut and dry with the tribunal. Chelsea also don't need to claw and fight for a few more mil from a tribunal like Burnley did.

Jase and Zinedine Biscan like this.
  6. The Elusive 19th

The Elusive 19th TIA Youth Team

Hope the clubs does not delude itself (and fool fans) that with this our striker position is sorted out.
    We are in CL for the second time in the decade and all our wish list are already in the dustbin before even the international window has opened. And we are signing a kiddo. It's a bit frustrating.

MarlboroMan likes this.
  7. Nikola

Nikola Optimist with a bit of experience. Admin

If he's coming with a point to prove, this could be a shrewd signing. U23 team is light on strikers, he has first team experience in Netherlands, got good football education at Chelsea and since there's no guarantee Ings will ever properly return from his injuries, he might be Liverpool's fourth choice striker this season. I guess it's all about mentality now, he has everything else. We'll see, hopefully he's come to show everyone that he can make it.

8. Limiescouse

The compensation has little to do with market value, but training cost. Allegedly.

redfanman and jgw_geneseo like this.
  9. Hope in your heart

Hope in your heart Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts... Admin

Who is this guy? Has he any first-team experience with Chelsea, or is he just a young hopeful for the youth team?

10. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Just one of the many, many promising kids hoovered up by Chelsea and then caught in perma-loan hell. Had a decent spell in Holland as a 17/18 year old.

Word is he's a signing mainly for our U23s, and has been pointed out we don't have an abundance of pure CFs at that level.

11. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

What right now looks like a rather insignificant signing may turn out to be a significant one in the future, and for that reason is why it's worth making it.

Don't see any downside to this one.

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  12. Hope in your heart

Cheers for this, mate. Well, let's hope for the best. If Klopp has one thing, it's an eye for talent. And he has something else, which is even bigger, namely extraordinary skills in developing talent. All good! :well done:

13. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

Regulation 4 is all about training cost but regulation 3 is all about trying to attribute a market value to an out of contract player. It's unlawful but hasn't been challenged.

I'd expect any fee for Solanke will be made up mostly of contingency payments given the lack of existing track record to point to.

14. Limiescouse

I dont think a move at this level would have anything to do with Klopp. Solanke has been one of the top age group players in England since U15s, and we have developed a reputation that plays the long game with players like, always looking for opportunities to pick them up. His relationship reached breaking point with Chlesea half way through this season and the remnants of the old TC would have been working on this since then.

15. JustHitMyHead

JustHitMyHead TIA Reserve Team

Klopp's transfer record is much more hit than miss so I'm pretty excited and optimistic every time he delves into the transfer market.

This could be interesting considering Klopp signed many of his best players for cheap (Lewandowski & Barrios were both cheap FW signings). Does he see something special?

At 17-18, to score 7 goals in the Eredivisie is not too shabby. Solanke was regarded by many as Chelsea's next home-grown star and has played well at every level.

Considering the caution he puts into each transfer (not buying for the sake of it), I'm quite pleased.

Hope in your heart likes this.
  16. jgw_geneseo

Think he's playing for England U-20s at the moment Hope, and doing well.

17. redfanman

redfanman TIA Regular Valued Member

I think Flo is a good judge of player. I'm starting to feel a bit happier about it now I've seen his comments but in January comments were not too positive about him from I think @Sweeting and others who I think are often reliable guides on this sort of stuff.

18. jgw_geneseo

At some point when Morihno was at Chelsea and getting a hard time about youth players getting a shot, he said that if Solanke didn't go on to play for England, he would blame himself...then never played him. He's got ability.

19. Zinedine Biscan

According to the Echo, he'll be playing tomorrow in the U20 World Cup against Argentina, if anyone's interested in seeing him in action. KO 12noon UK time.

redfanman likes this.
  20. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

I understand that the only Chelsea manager in recent times who showed much interest in the academy was Ancelotti. Apparently there's a real feeling amongst the academy players (a feeling that's grown over the last few years) that they really are just assets and are unlikely to be given a shot. If Nathan Ake doesn't establish himself in their first team then you'd have to say they've got a point.

Alright Now and jgw_geneseo like this.
  21. Zinedine Biscan

Oddly came here to posts this as it was semi-related to the current discussion:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/30/chelsea-nathan-ake-interview-holland

Ake starting to make noises that he wants to play regularly. Seems unlikely he'll get it at Chelsea... wonder if it's worth testing their resolve if Sessegnon is indeed Spurs-bound?

redfanman likes this.
  22. shankly96

shankly96 I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like

His player data according to transfermarkt
    Untitled.png

Broomy likes this.
  23. Limiescouse

We've already played and beaten Argentina on way to topping our group. We've got Costa Rica in the first KO round tomorrow.

24. Zinedine Biscan

Ah... I speed-read the last para of their article, they do indeed say he scored (a pen) against Argentina and is, as you say, playing against Costa Rica tomorrow. The time is correct, though. lol

25. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

What did he do this season? I see 5 appearances for their reserves, 2 goals and that's it (okay, maybe the contract situation also played a part)... was he injured?

26. Zinedine Biscan

I think it was pointed out above that it became a point of principle not to play him once he'd indicated he'd let his contract expire if he wasn't given chances in the first-team.

27. jgw_geneseo

I think as Limescouse said, he was frozen out due to not agreeing a contract extension.

28. Hope in your heart

The last time we got a player 'out of the blue', it was Assaidi. Now that went well, eh? ;-)

Nah seriously, if Rodgers was still at the club, I'd deem this as a waste of ressources, but with Klopp having now the last word on transfers, and his well-known determination to work with young players, I don't think that we need to be concerned.

Livvy likes this.
  29. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Conte played the same team over and over again, even this Batshuayi guy couldnt get some minutes.... very strange place for a young player

just saying

Alright Now and norwegian wood like this.
  30. Chewbazza

Chewbazza True Believer

Promising young player for a nominal fee. Fine with that.

I hope this one coupled with the VVD tweets might encourage people not to put so much stock into twitter itk's, but I won't be holding my breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.