Dominic Solanke (ST) to Huddersfield, Palace or Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldbeatle89

For context- Solanke has just been sold to Bournemouth for approximately £5.5 million more than we got Shaqiri for (depending on the structure of the add-ons for Solanke’s deal).

T.C.B

19M is a big fee for a player with so little experience. I'm disappointed because I thought he had a chance to make it here.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
We're starting to make good money for these smaller investments, a bit Chelsea-style (though of course, more opportunities here). Lowering our net spend from last summer.

lol

Magnus

Probably because he is JK's mate, people assume he adopts the same style...........but I guess he has to cut his cloth. The lad will be better off at Crystal Palace. I like that club....seem to have a passionate support and less pressure on him I would imagine. Barring a miracle Huddersfield appear to be already doomed.
Have you seen Huddersfield's budget compared to Premier League sides and even championship sides? I saw them in the championship and they were amazing. That people are irrational and think they can play like that in the Premier Leauge cannot be helped, but it is still not a fact. And no, I am not calling out you at all, since you said nothing wrong. But really, people need to open their mind sometimes when it comes to football. Poor sides playing 'shit', well, there is often a reason behind it...

As for Solanke, I think this is very good business for us. He never looked like he would gain a first place position in our team. A good price. I wish him well !

redfanman

TIA Regular
19M is a big fee for a player with so little experience. I'm disappointed because I thought he had a chance to make it here.
I'm not sure whether or not that is true now with some of the fees being talked about for players - just look at that player at Chelsea who might be off to Bayern for nearly double that...

Herb

Give it a few years and I reckon he’ll be a pretty decent player. Will definitely have a good PL career ahead of him. Wonder if they are selling Wilson off the back of it to Chelsea.

Given what happened with Ibe and Smith, kind of surprised they have taken the punt mind.

T.C.B

I'm not sure whether or not that is true now with some of the fees being talked about for players - just look at that player at Chelsea who might be off to Bayern for nearly double that...
You could be right mate. English player too.

Incognito

The Normal One
I had really high hopes for him, last pre season he looked soo good. Nonetheless he was getting wasted here and this is good for all parties involved. Best wishes to Dom, hope he has a great career ahead!

So, Bournemouth have Ibe, Solanke and soon, Clyney. I wonder if they have any need of a Spanish left-back?
lol
Now now, we want money from them, not the other way round :tongue:
On a serious note, with Clyne gone he's no way going this window.

Mark Thurgood

I’m sure there’s a buy back clause involved as he’s still young and raw. With Klopp possibly trying to get Origi out the door on loan, it surely could seem Brewster dragged through when fit. Disappointed but, happy for him. Best of luck Dom.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
So, Bournemouth have Ibe, Solanke and soon, Clyney. I wonder if they have any need of a Spanish left-back?
They just signed one last summer, Diego Rico. Think Moreno will be off somewhere outside of England, maybe Spain or Italy (possibly somewhere where they play a 3 at the back system).

Nikola

Potless.
Admin
Agree with @Zoran, Liverpool's academy business has strangely been reminiscent of Chelsea dealings, only without an army of players out on loan and with a clearer path to first team for players who are kept. Off the top of my head: Ward, Stewart, Sinclair, Ibe, Smith and even Sterling can be counted as academy players who Liverpool got decent amount od money for. Solanke is the next in line, maybe Camacho and a couple of other young players could be the next in line.

I'm a bit disappointed, I hoped Solanke would make it here. That's a great deal financially, though, and I think Bournemouth are getting a proper talent this time - unlike Ibe, he doesn't seem to have issues with mental aspect of the game. Best of luck to him, I hope he gets to score the winner against Man City this season! I also honestly hope Liverpool have retained some kind of buy-back option for him.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Bournemouth love buying our shit
Smith
Ibe
Solanke

Given us about £40m

jgw_geneseo

deeply superficial
A good move for everyone. Dom needs to play. Bournmouth should be happy with that deal as well, if he stays fit. He's got ability, and they paid us well for good young player who's a few years away from possibly being at a big clubs level.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad.
For a player that rarely plays, Edwards has got a good price. However, I really hope he has inserted a buy-back clause as I think he could become a terrific striker in time.

All the best Dom and score us a winner against Spurs and City please :well done:

Redsi73

Good deal for all isn't it?

He was never going to get a chance this season as we are pushing for glory.

Decent football playing team will do him good.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
Wow! Who is negotiating these fees? I like Solanke but he is completely unproven.

He could well prove to be a star but he isn't that now. Good job getting £19m.

I'm split on this... I think Solanke is good but he would never have reached that level here, hence the slightly bitter taste in my mouth. The fee is much higher than what I expected to get though...

Crossing my fingers on a buy-back???

donks

TIA First Team
I don't personally, he's a very good player and English. I think it's a deal which works well for both parties, yes they probably slightly overpaid but in the context if he makes it he's a £50mil + player easily.

Edwards is some sort of transfer god.
Id be amazed if he became anywhere near the level of a £50m player.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Worth remembering that we owe a % of any fee to Chelsea. I expect we probably made about £8m-£10m on this deal.

Don't want to go over old ground on buy-back clauses but I expect we'll also have a right of first refusal and an entitlement to a % of any future transfer fee (or alternatively profit).

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Heard somewhere that we also have a buy back clause?

GermanRed

Unless someone like Pulis would become our next managers Solanke would never have made it here.

It was all planned as a business. Just like the Kevin Stewart Story.

Maria

I am kind of sad Dominic has gone. I really wanted him to do well at LFC. He was brilliant at a national level. He had so much promise. I am so baffled at why he couldn't flourish at Anfield. He has the talent.

Status
Not open for further replies.