• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Dominic Solanke (ST) to Huddersfield, Palace or Brighton

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
The date is March 2nd - Dominic Solanke rises to meet a 90th minute Nathaniel Clyne cross and plants it beyond Ederson’s stupid tattooed neck for the winner to place Liverpool in pole position to win the league.

Keegans Perm

I am kind of sad Dominic has gone. I really wanted him to do well at LFC. He was brilliant at a national level. He had so much promise. I am so baffled at why he couldn't flourish at Anfield. He has the talent.
He does look good playing for England, but as people have said, he was never going to get a run of games while the front 3 are fit. Playing here and there, and coming on as sub with 5 mins to go you're always going to struggle to make an impact. Plus he's been injured quite a while hasnt he? All I can say is good luck to the lad, shame it didnt quite work out for him here. Im hoping we now go out an buy a top quality striker that can give the front 3 some serious competition.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/46763610

Dominic Solanke: Bournemouth sign striker from Liverpool in £19m deal

Bournemouth have signed England striker Dominic Solanke from Liverpool for £19m.

Solanke, 21, had been due to join Crystal Palace on loan earlier this week but the deal fell through because of fitness concerns.

Bournemouth are about to allow forward Jermain Defoe to join Scottish Premiership side Rangers.

It is understood Solanke cannot move to the Cherries on loan under Premier League regulations.

Bournemouth are also set to sign Reds right-back Nathaniel Clyne on loan until the end of the season.

"The club is going somewhere - it's a good club to be at, especially for someone of my age," said Solanke.

Cherries boss Eddie Howe said he was "really excited" about working with Solanke.

"Dominic is technically gifted, very athletic and has the physical profile that will give us something different in our front line," said Howe.
Solanke, a former England youth international who has one senior cap against Brazil in 2017, joined Liverpool from Chelsea in 2017 after his contract at Stamford Bridge ended.

The two clubs eventually came to an agreement over the fee, which had been due to be set by a tribunal.

He did not make a first-team appearance for the Premier League leaders this season and was ruled out of recent matches because of a muscle problem.

The Under-20 World Cup winner made 21 appearances last season, 16 of which were from the bench, scoring one goal.

He never made a senior league appearance in three years at Chelsea, spending the 2015-16 season on loan at Dutch side Vitesse Arnhem, where he scored seven goals in 25 Eredivisie appearances.

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:

Red Spud

I can see him doing really well at Bournemouth and ending back at an elite club in a couple of seasons.

Hopefully rumours of a buy back clause are true as I think he has the potential to become a top class forward.

Best of luck to him.

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
He was a plan B player for us but will make a good player for Bournemouth. 19 mil is a good price for a player who we rarely used and who would be unlikely to get many games for us.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
Solanke is not some lamppost striker, the best part of his game for us is how well he linked up with the players around him. He was creative.

He'll do well at Bournemouth with the ball on the floor and the movement around him.

Last edited:

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
We must have pretty low expectations for Solanke to sell him ~18 months after signing him.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
I have been tidying my eldest sons mess of a room for last few hours.
Then read a comment on here that solanke for £19m. I didn’t even bother reading the rest as I thought it must be a joke or 1.9m instead.
Then I saw it’s true.
Amazing fee really.
I’m astonished that he’s gone for that much.
Gobsmacked.

Good luck to the lad. Wow.

Red over the water

Good luck to Solanke. He is of an age where he needs to play more, and that is very tough at Liverpool. It's a good deal for all parties, and while I don't expect to see him back at Liverpool, even if there is a buy-back clause, there's a fair chance we might get another pay day from this player if he does well at Bournemouth and we get a % of a sell on fee. We may also get some smaller add on amounts for appearances, or England caps, or whatever. It all helps the bottom line.

Where does this leave us?

We have a stellar front three. Plus,
An aging Sturridge, who definitely has quality but can't run any more.
An emerging Brewster who is very young and hasn't played yet, is coming back from a long term injury, but is highly rated.
A frustrating (to me at least) Origi, who has all the natural athletic gifts to be a big player, but it hasn't quite clicked. Presumably he will leave, either this window or in summer, as he will do a job for someone, but probably not us.

It definitely looks as though there is an opening for a striker once the dust settles.

The Timo Werner link looks quite compelling, especially when you consider his versatility - can play wide too, and also the mooted price.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
Well that was a short stay. I don't think Solanke was going to see any significant playing time here anytime soon but I am excited to see him develop at Bournemouth with regular minutes. IMO it's great business for both clubs and the player.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I have been tidying my eldest sons mess of a room for last few hours.
Then read a comment on here that solanke for £19m. I didn’t even bother reading the rest as I thought it must be a joke or 1.9m instead.
Then I saw it’s true.
Amazing fee really.
I’m astonished that he’s gone for that much.
Gobsmacked.

Good luck to the lad. Wow.
Don't throw anything unwanted away. I reckon you could get Edwards to sell thrown-away sweet wrappers and used copies of the beano for at least a few hundred grand.

kwala

TIA Regular
That's a crazy fee for Solanke. I was hoping he'd go on loan as I think he has great potential, but for £19m that is great business for us, and a great chance for a promising young lad to play some regular football.

I think Edwards must be a hypnotist! How does he pull this shit off? We'll probably sign Timo Werner for £3m and Lazars left knacker!

Also I can't help but think there must be some attacking player(s) coming in, as we don't have great depth up front!

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
I'm sorry it didn't work out for the lad with us, and I wish him well. But £19 million, even in today's market is very good business for us.

FilthyBloke

Undervalued member.
Don't throw anything unwanted away. I reckon you could get Edwards to sell thrown-away sweet wrappers and used copies of the beano for at least a few hundred grand.
Sweet wrappers. Chocolate wrappers. Mouldy things in cups. Scratched cds and games. Jigsaws with missing pieces. Battleships with missing ships. Pool table with missing balls. Loads of panini stickers. Shredded wheats stuck in carpet.
I’ve emailed Edwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.