Dominic Solanke: Welcome to Liverpool

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by Kopstar, May 30, 2017.

1. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Hopefully he can settle quickly. No reason he cannot get games this season. We will have cup and European games in and amongst the league.

He's at an age that he could play his way into a few starts over the season. Reading up on him, and watching the WC, you can see that he keeps busy and works hard. Ideal for Klopp's tactics.

All about not raising expectations too high for him, especially with how well he has done during the WC.

I wouldn't go loaning him out. Needs to be around Klopp to see what he needs to be do and allow Klopp to coach him, which is what we want. Klopp's Dortmund was built on him bring youth through, therefore it's just silly to think that we will buy 4-5 finished articles.

Look forward to seeing him in red.

Kopstar, FGred, Livvy and 2 others like this.
  2. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

As SYBM would say

'Ruu Row'

This could heat up.

SBYM and redfanman like this.
  3. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke Wind-Down Merchant

Someone above (I forgot who it was) mentioned seller’s remorse yesterday, alluding to Chelsea.

I guess he was right:

http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/11/chels...following-under-20-world-cup-heroics-6701899/

:J

4. Kopstar

Kopstar ★★★★★ Valued Member

My credibility is shot! Is there much point in setting out the rules here if it just brings me grief and what I say is ignored anyway?

5. James H

James H "One word: Thundercougarfalconbird"

I am excited to see Solanke's progress with us, his performances in the u20 WC were very good. should get a decent number of games with the extra european involvement.

6. Semmy

Semmy walk on...walk...on...

Have to admit, when I saw he was split open in the final yesterday I thought for sure he was coming off the pitch.

How surprised was I that he finished the match. I like his will to win, England had 3 subs available, would have been no shame to to come off especially with the new concussion rules and likely needing stitches.

Lostmyfunk 3421 and RaoulDuke like this.
  7. Kopstar

Billy Liddell‏ @Liddellpool 3m3 minutes ago

Chelsea are demanding £10m in compensation from #LFC for Dominic Solanke

Might be a good moment for me to finish something I started a couple of years ago.

8. rupzzz

rupzzz TIA Regular

Ings was what...£7m? And that was for a player that had played a full season in the PL.

9. Arminius

Arminius FSG PR plant Moderator

The players association seems absolutely useless to me, to the point that one wonders about collusion. This is so obviously a restraint on movement of players solely due to age. It is patently absurd that the training costs for Solanke could approach 10m, yet it would fit with the Ings precedent.

10. Kopstar

It's directly discriminatory on the grounds of age, indirectly discriminatory on the grounds of nationality, disproportionate, unlawful as a restraint of trade, void if put before the Courts but yet there appears to be little appetite to challenge. Meanwhile, ticket prices...£££££s. Did I share what I wrote on Danny Ings with you?

11. Arminius

Yes - which confirmed my broad sense of the foundations of the tribunal system. Challenging it is exactly the role a players' union should be performing, but they seem to have other ideas.

12. Kopstar

Impotent - I spoke with Wil van Megen last year about this issue at a time when he was banging on about the complaint against FFP and the transfer of minors. Firstly, he seemed to be unaware of the constraints imposed by the domestic regulations and secondly he showed no interest in addressing them - notwithstanding the impact it has on his members.

13. Arminius

Given that it is a domestic regulation, I'd lay the blame at the PFA first and foremost.

14. Kopstar

Yep, agree. FIFPro may have taken it up though given that they're not as close to it as the PFA are, which I think is part of the problem.

15. Arminius

The PFA strikes me as completely captured by the FA and PL - their utter failure to represent the interests of their member in the Suarez fiasco was remarkable, to the point that I wondered about whether players are required to make a financial contribution (dues or similar).

16. Kopstar

Yep, their levy comes out of their wages at source. You also cannot play in the English league without becoming a member of the players' union.

17. Makati Red

Makati Red Banned Users

So Chelsea want 10m always thought 3m was very optimistic, considering we got 4m for Sinclair from Watford I and the current fees now being paid id expect the tribunal to be much closer to Chelsea Valuation than ours

18. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

They can demand 10m, probably won't get it.

lfc.eddie likes this.
  19. Red_Jedi

Red_Jedi Anfield kick about

Solanke's performance in the World Cup would have increased his value - and lets face it, has most reds even more excited with his arrival.

If we have to give a few extra million for him, so what? I'm glad we've gone for him, and actually got him.

He could become something special.

Livvy and FGred like this.
  20. mattyhurst

mattyhurst TIA Regular

Yeah Burnley demanded about 7m than they got if I remember, means shite all.

FGred and Scott Jones like this.
  21. gr_sounder

gr_sounder Always Watching

Solanke's performance in the World Cup recently should have no bearing on the amount we would owe. It's not about how valuable he is (not completely) but rather based on refunding them money for the development of a player to date. That player had 1 Premier League match with the previous club, and that's all.

[edited out something that was tongue in cheek because I had dates wrong]

22. indianscouser

indianscouser Oh ya Beautttty!!

glad we did business early.
    I just get a gut feeling this lad will turn out to be the no.9 we are looking for.

RaoulDuke and Red_Jedi like this.
  23. Red_Jedi

Search your feelings deep. The force is strong with you.

24. indianscouser

indianscouser Oh ya Beautttty!!

I know!! Now a days before any free kicks or set piece, if i say goal , its a goal!.
    Creepy!! happened like 6 times last season.

DeathOrGlory and Red_Jedi like this.
  25. OhYaBeauty

OhYaBeauty Mamadou Sakho Fan Club Chairman

Rebel scum

26. Celtic Dragon

Celtic Dragon TIA's Tusken Druid

After his performances at the world cup, looking forward to seeing what this lad can do. Could be a really underrated signing for us.

27. Red_Jedi

You're a bit short for a stormtrooper.

28. hoosierred

hoosierred Well-Known Member Valued Member

I would temper our optimism by pointing out that while he starred at the U20 WC, he was not promoted to play in the U21 Euro team as a few of our other young players (Gujic, etc) were. This suggests he may still have some developing to do before he is ready for the first team. Clearly an exciting talent though.

29. OLDIE

OLDIE TIA New Signing

I think that because he was kept in the U20 team will have benefited both the player and the club.

You are right point out that he was not promoted to the U21 but England are finally getting things right with the development of young players.

I am convinced that he will be a massive success at Anfield.

hoosierred likes this.
  30. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

First day at Melwood today. The only player who had internationals this summer to return this early. Starting as he means to go on...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
    Red_Jedi and TFC like this.