• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Duncan Jenkins reveals all - LFC issue apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Very interesting.

http://duncanjenkins.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/such-little-thing-makes-such-big.html

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Yep. These rumors started flying around the day after deadline day on twitter. It's really too bad that it all went down like that. I favorited a few tweets that I ran across back then and the more I kept digging, the more I found.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
If true, and it does appear plausible, Chang has really exposed himself here. Acting like a small time gangster. Hardly 'The Liverpool Way'. Not as I understand it anyway.

sami

TIA First Team
One question i do have, how on earth did Jenkins get so much info so accurate before any journalist, news agency? He revealed the Dalglish sacking, the Rodgers appointment, everything. And rubbished tons of rumours that may have seemed reliable.

Very interesting this.

starshadow

One question i do have, how on earth did Jenkins get so much info so accurate before any journalist, news agency? He revealed the Dalglish sacking, the Rodgers appointment, everything. And rubbished tons of rumours that may have seemed reliable.

Very interesting this.
Calculated guesses, I have a Twitter ITK account that i use to torment journos ( Can there be any greater use of technology? ) Most of the time your just reading articles and taking a punt, some are better than others, like "Duncan".

I'm not sure this story, crazy as it sounds is true given the credibility of the author but it does make interesting reading. Cheng comes off as some kinda triad mob boss

mpoletti

"Duncan" confirmed to Rob Gutman that he got most of internet forums and guessing.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
I find it hard to be overly sympathetic to either party. Chang/LFC seem very heavy-handed, but 'Duncan' clearly caused real damage to the club. I wouldn't do any of the family nonsense, but persona non grata at Anfield, sure. His actions directly cost the club money and reputation with other clubs, and also sowed an atmosphere of suspicion within the club.

MaestroAllen

Duncan Jenkins is full of shit if you ask me. Dont know why most people believe a guy, who just admitted doing nothing but lies for the past years. He's doing it for the sake of the attention, which he seems to love a bit too much.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
So instead of going to the police he writes an article....

I know he expresses he has explored avenues but surely that would include the police?

What of course interests me is how would Journalists use the information?

I think he has been watching too much Malcolm Tucker

mafiaman20

Midfield General
He never explained exactly why he set up a bluff account. For a self-proclaimed life-long fan to do this is difficult to grasp. What purpose does it serve?

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
He never explained exactly why he set up a bluff account. For a self-proclaimed life-long fan to do this is difficult to grasp. What purpose does it serve?
Attention seeking, If I'm honest Jenkins and Chang came through the same medium, one using his press following, the other using his per chance for sensationalism on Twitter.

I'm still betting this is Rory Smith

mpoletti

Just curious, are there any members here that are also on ST?

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
I find it hard to be overly sympathetic to either party. Chang/LFC seem very heavy-handed, but 'Duncan' clearly caused real damage to the club. I wouldn't do any of the family nonsense, but persona non grata at Anfield, sure. His actions directly cost the club money and reputation with other clubs, and also sowed an atmosphere of suspicion within the club.
How did his actions cost the club money? By sending out a tweet that the club is interested in borini?

batt_red

TIA Reserve Team
I don't get it!

If he has proof of Jen Chang's emails and phone calls, then why he doesn't go to the police and get a case on Chang for threatening him and his family?

Why does he has to explain things to Man Utd fans? Is it one of them running a smear campaign on Chang now?

Why would Chang act on his without informing anyone at the club?

Why would he use his professional email id if he was planning to threaten Duncan Jenkins (Batman)?

Why wouldn't he reveal his identity now? Why he used the fake account in the first place? Why?

Why should we trust Mr. Batman, who deceived and manipulated us in the first place, and not Chang?

Sounds like a lot of bullshit to me!

Arminius

FSG PR plant
How did his actions cost the club money? By sending out a tweet that the club is interested in borini?
If Chang's story is true, yes. It perhaps would not have if he had not already falsely claimed to have a mole. But to be clear, the reason I would have him persona non grata at Anfield would primarily be spreading a falsehood about the integrity of club employees.

Reactions: TFC

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Seems a little far fetched to me TBH

He admits to being a liar and a wind up merchant so why should we beleive any of this story, and if he is a lifelong fan of the club then why is he acting in a manner which has been detrimental to the club.

He may just be that much of an attention seeker that he values that attention more than he does his support for the club and now that his alter ego Duncan has been outed or whatever this is his last chance at staying in the limelight so to speak.

As said above if someone threatened my famly etc I would have gone directly to the Police and made a statement then and there but the fact he chose not to coupled with a few other convenient excuses in the story make me think it's bullshit.

It has to be said he has been bang on with alot of info at very early stages of the process so he is either the most accurate guesser on twitter or he has someone inside the club or knows someone who does, don't know what to beleive but would hope Jen hasn't actually acted in the manner depicted.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
If Chang's story is true, yes. It perhaps would not have if he had not already falsely claimed to have a mole. But to be clear, the reason I would have him persona non grata at Anfield would primarily be spreading a falsehood about the integrity of club employees.
No you mean if "Jenkins story of Chang is true", as evergamenoexcuses says if I was say threatened by Ian Ayre like this I would go to the police, it may hurt the club but I would go through all the official channels, he as first gone to the internet it seems.

Funny how all his backers on Twitter are Manchester United fans

mpoletti

Parody accounts are just about having fun sometimes. Not like I have one...

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Could very well be BS. This is all coming from someone who created a spoof account and pretended to know things and he fooled pretty much everyone.
It could be, but if so I'm guessing we'll soon find out. This is bound to gain media attention and the club will be forced into some sort of statement I'd imagine. It's one thing tweeting about a potential signing or what team we're putting out. Quite another to be accusing someone at the club of threatening you and your family. If there's nothing in it then presumably the club will initiate action against him.

As for going to the police there doesn't seem like much evidence to me on which to press criminal charges. Far more effective to publish it on the internet and watch the mayhem unfold if you really wanted to get your own back, which is precisely what he's done. Shame he's chosen the day we learned that we're getting an independent investigation into Hillsborough. Could have done without this, really.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
I have been re-reading the "story" since I last posted and I tried to imagine how I would react had I been threatened as he is suggesting and I have come to this....I love the club and will support it till my final breath but you threaten my family and look out, don't care who you are, the fact he has responded the way he has makes me think more and more that this is bullshit.

Any rational person with a young family who has any understanding of his responsibility to protect that family would go to the Police they wouldn't post it on the net, infact I think that is the last thing you would do.

Anythings possible I suppose but the more I think about this the more it feels like BS

Status
Not open for further replies.