• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Duncan Jenkins reveals all - LFC issue apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dane

Adios!
Ad-free Member
Which is the forum in question that the threats came from?
Not the same closed shop invitation only one, clearly structured that way so they can slag wools and OOTS, or to stop the rest of the world knowing they just talk shite?

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Isn't that the same paper that revealed his name in the first place?
Yes.

Not the same closed shop invitation only one, clearly structured that way so they can slag wools and OOTS, or to stop the rest of the world knowing they just talk shite?
I don't believe so Dane. I can still register on Red and White, I just choose not too ;)

HeighwaytoHull

Banned Users
Always thought that was RAOTL. How many are there?

mpoletti

So Chang supposedly told him that if he revealed his identity he might come under personal attack, and that was the 'threat'. Chang never revealed his identity, and instead this newspaper did and now continues to stir the pot by taking Cummins side, even though they are the ones who have now screwed him over.
Not from what I heard of. More like Ian Herbs contacted Sean and asked his permission. ;)

This one Scouser Tommy apparently.
Yep

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/index.php?/topic/15119-duncan-jenkins-reveals-all/#entry12594

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Not from what I heard of. More like Ian Herbs contacted Sean and asked his permission. ;)
Even worse lol

And yet there are still those who are siding with Jenkins. i gotta give this to him, he is one sneaky little lying bastard.

OhYaBeauty

Wow, so that's a confirmation of the story's veracity. Jen Chang really is a mobster. Or a gangster.

I submit a motion to call him 'The Changsta' from now on.

mpoletti

Yep. Now go back and look at all the people in this thread who blindly defended the club based on the fact the account was a parody. People should not be so quick to judge when we weren't there.

Only those two involved know exactly what happened.

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2012/10/30/exclusive-liverpool-give-blogger-written-apology-for-%E2%80%98inappropriate%E2%80%99-director-behaviour-301001/

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
We also apologised for Suarez being racist - does this mean that the club now thinks Suarez was a racist after all?

Sometimes it better from the clubs point of view to try a draw a line under things.

I seriously doubt that Chang was guilty of anything more than a but if naivity.

snape

TIA Youth Team
Really, what Arye said was that "some elements which [Cummins] highlight were not appropriate." It was already pretty clear to me prior to this apology that neither party was wholly innocent. Doesn't mean that everything Cummins said happened is accurate. Jury is still out on this as to who is exactly at fault for what. We need more details before judgment, if ever, is appropriate.

Reactions: TFC

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Yep. Now go back and look at all the people in this thread who blindly defended the club based on the fact the account was a parody. People should not be so quick to judge when we weren't there.

http://www.sportingi...haviour-301001/
It just says:

“Based on everything I have heard and seen, including information provided by the parties involved in the matter, I acknowledge some of the elements you highlight were not appropriate...", wrote Ayre.

[background=transparent]Something that everyone agreed on anyways is that they met up and some stuff went down. We all knew that some of the things he said were true, its just whether or not we were going to take his word for the entirety of it without any supporting evidence. I still think that the lying sack of shit made up a lot of his allegations, and this apology just indicates that some of it was true (which we knew anyways) and that the club just wants to sweep it under the rug.[/background]​

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
"i acknowledge some of what you highlighted was inappropriate" nowhere near strong enough for me haha unless we see Chang sacked. I still see very little wrong in what Chang did in DJs story. Even if believe it in full and I dont think written from one persons point of view on the matter that it will be a balanced account I kust think Chang was a bit nieve in how he tried to make Sean see sense.

mpoletti

Linguistic legalese in my opinion. We can all believe what we want to believe as none of us were there, but no matter what, we can all now move one and re-lock this thread.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
I hate when I am right :( (about wrong to meet him in first place)

Although it can be seen to draw a line under it (like Suarez) most of the media and public had already forgotten about this and moved on. This move to me is a legal one, to settle this matter accepting some blame, but ultimately agreeing to keep this (with Jenkins) behind closed doors to prevent further damage the club.

Reactions: TFC

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Linguistic legalese in my opinion. We can all believe what we want to believe as none of us were there, but no matter what, we can all now move one and re-lock this thread.
Yeah thats your opinion, but you shouldn't be so quick to judge yourself, as you said we shouldn't have been. There still is no further proof of anything at all and it just comes down to whether or not you believe Jenkins story was fully true or partly fabricated.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
One important part

has subsequently been proved beyond doubt via CCTV footage, emails, texts and phone records that every part of Cummins’ story that it is possible to verify using that evidence has been verified.

Now given Jenkins said that 30 odd calls or something were made, that is one of the serious mistakes Chang made.

mpoletti

Yeah thats your opinion, but you shouldn't be so quick to judge yourself, as you said we shouldn't have been. There still is no further proof of anything at all and it just comes down to whether or not you believe Jenkins story was fully true or partly fabricated.
Like ISMF said, this is the club moving this behind closed doors. The comments released were very much about not letting this go any further, thus the linguistic legalese comment. That comes from working around my fair share of lawyers when they want to talk ambiguously.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Like ISMF said, this is the club moving this behind closed doors. The comments released were very much about not letting this go any further, thus the linguistic legalese comment. That comes from working around my fair share of lawyers when they want to talk ambiguously.
Yeah but as mentioned previously, an apology for a portion of the incident isn't evidence of guilt either. As we've learned from the Suarez incident its better to just apologize and try to move on, rather than keep it in the media's eye whether your in the right or in the wrong. Its not so much an admission of guilt as it is an attempt to sweep it all under the rug.

mpoletti

Yeah but as mentioned previously, an apology for a portion of the incident isn't evidence of guilt either. As we've learned from the Suarez incident its better to just apologize and try to move on, rather than keep it in the media's eye whether your in the right or in the wrong. Its not so much an admission of guilt as it is an attempt to sweep it all under the rug.
How can one even compare the Suarez affair to this?

I'm not trying to prove guilt one way or another. I don't care. It does not change my support for the club one bit. All I'm saying is that people wanted to discount all of this just because he was a parody account and the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

"The seriousness with which Ayre has treated the issue was revealed when he asked Liverpool's human resources director to attend an 85-minute meeting with Cummins last week in which the writer detailed his correspondence with Chang. Ayre’s letter to Cummins, which has seen by The Independent, does not include a tacit admission that threats were carried out. But it does accept that complaints initially dismissed by Chang to this newspaper as “nonsense” are valid.

“It is apparent that you clearly feel that you have not been treated in a manner that is becoming of a Liverpool FC official,” Ayre told Cummins. “Based on everything I have heard and seen, including information provided by parties involved in this matter, I acknowledge that some of the elements you highlight were not appropriate. If you perceive them to be threatening that is not behaviour that is acceptable for a member of staff. I would therefore like to apologise to you on behalf of Liverpool FC for any upset and distress this has caused you. Clearly it is not appropriate for me to comment on how the club is managing this internally and I trust you understand this."

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/liverpool-apologise-to-creator-of-fake-duncan-jenkins-twitter-account-following-inappropriate-behaviour-8262075.html

Kopstar

★★★★★★
I'm with mpoletti on this.

My stance previously was very much that Cummins story was incredibly unlikely. However, in the event that it is true (and it looks more likely that much of what he alleges is true) I still question the motivation for Cummins publishing it in the way he did. This could have been handled behind closed doors from the beginning and if not resolved a complaint made to the police. Instead, he chose to publish it to his 40,000 followers knowing it would be picked up by national media causing massive (and I mean HUGE) damage to the club he professes to support.

There is still no valid explanation as to why he didn't simply take it above Chang straight away in a complaint directly to the club rather than to his 'fan base'.

Unlike Cummins, I don't give a shit about his 40,000 followers...I (and he) should care more about the 40,000 that rock up to Anfield to support the team.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
How can one even compare the Suarez affair to this?
I'm not comparing the Suarez affair to this, I'm comparing two apologies. Companies/Clubs/People of importance often 'apologies' for things even if they don't believe they were in the wrong just to get it out of the news cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.