• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Duncan Jenkins reveals all - LFC issue apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I think the notion that it takes a pr man to judge pr is completely wrong.

That's the whole point of pr..... Public.

However. My point remains, and is magnified by the fact that all the points raised just mention that he's actually working, we slag players off for nit being good enough to drag us to the nextlevel, but defend public relations employees for just filling a role. I can't see where he's excelling at all. A pompous tv show, Suarez is still the most hated individual in football .

Suarez would beknown as the brilliant but cheeky and harmless scamp of he was excelling in his role.

It's a weird and wonderful world.
He is a PR man not Harry Potter!!!!

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Wonder if this means Chang will stay or go.

Not very smart if he has to resort to making threats..especially since he is supposed to be our "pr guru,"

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
This position Ian Ayre put down is like the husband telling the wife "Ok let me tell you, I have done nothing wrong, but because I love you and now understand you FELT that I have done something wrong although I did not, I will apologise to you, because my love for you is bigger than my pride."

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Wonder if this means Chang will stay or go.

Not very smart if he has to resort to making threats..especially since he is supposed to be our "pr guru,"
Think it would be more embarassing if an employee they only gave the job to 6 months ago gets sacked in next to no time, they may as well put the Simpson's grandpa hat gif on FSG's corporate recruitment website if they do that and be done with it

Generally speaking though, I stopped believing club PR and excuses when I was about 16 or so. when something goes wrong, a bit of bad publicity or whatever, these days its safer to assume the club makes a cock up until otherwise proven and once again that theory appears proven correct

on whether he should stay or go, now despite the fact I have little confidence in our staff recruitment on the whole, a bloke should always be given the chance to make up for a mistake, whoever he is. It may also be a consequence of our habit of employing inexperienced punts rather than proven leaders in their fields to various club postings, it does lead to there being too many gaffs and self harming screw ups of varying significance. On its own, its not a huge thing and like others say it will be quickly forgotten about by most people, but the cumulative effect of all these episodes cant really be shrugged off

but as I said, Chang may or may not be good enough for this new role he has, its clear though to me that like other people [Ayre, commolli etc] hes been dragged out of his comfort zone. He may get some leeway now but next time, that may be syonara.

If he was to get the boot over this though, it would potentially ask some awkward questions not only as to why he was hired when he perhaps lacked the experience and maybe the credentials [hes way too over sensitive, it is a character weakness that was known about before he was employed by the club], but also why certain people like him were given no leeway at all when the likes of ian Ayre were allowed to be ineffective for a longer period in their new jobs while seemingly facing no consequences for their actions [or inactions] and appear untouchable almost

It may be better, for now, for a quiet official warning to be made and to allow him to continue for the time being I reckon and give him a chance to settle down and get the hang of it. He may be a bit touchy but hes not completely thick, and its not beyond the realms of possibility that he could become better over time [have less hope for Ayre as I said, think hes a lightweight, but Chang is still just out of the box and a third communications man in less than a year would mean more upheaval]

But as a general thing, it does show how paranoia can be a rather destructive emotion, and the club seemed seeped with it last summer [and personally at all levels feel its become a bit of a longstanding problem as it happens]. They perhaps need to realise that not everything can be controlled or stopped, outside of the club is with these things beyond their remit. As it is, the chubby boys at the Anfield wrap have themselves very recently leaked info about Sterlings contract negotiations so we are none too hot at this kind of thing anyway. Realise our own limitations perhaps

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
Whether everyone likes to believe the story was true or false, to suit their own convenience....the fact of the matter is Chang screwed up.
The fact that there is adequate amounts of evidence(CCTV, e-mails, Phone records) etc, shows Chang is not entirely innocent.

I believe the only reason Chang is still in the job, is to save the Club's face.Right now there are equal number of people believing whether Jenkins is right or wrong.Sacking Chang would surely make everyone believe Jenkins.

But I fancy Chang 'Parting ways' (better term for letting go) eventually in the future.Which is a shame really, cause as far as his 'Actual Job' was concerned, he was doing more than well.

FreakLFC

I don't like this guy at all. Ok he got threatened by our comm. director but if he is really a fan of the REDS then there was no need to blog it and announce it to the world. Should have done it behind closed doors. Well a mature man will only think this way. He could have contacted Ian and Chang both and sorted it out man to man.
Just shows this guy is publicity hungry.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
I can't see where he's excelling at all.
I too would be very interested in seeing the itemised details of how he had done so much for the club to warrant such support from the fan base without weighing up his action that now cost the club more shit to clean up. Like I mentioned, it is a bad PR for the club. It is his department and he stuffed up real bad for making himself the focal point of the scandal.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Think it would be more embarassing if an employee they only gave the job to 6 months ago gets sacked in next to no time, they may as well put the Simpson's grandpa hat gif on FSG's corporate recruitment website if they do that and be done with it
What I believe is right and what you believe is wrong. I don't see the issue here.
These both made me laugh. Never's should be used as a disclaimer for the whole internet!

DEVGRU

I don't like this guy at all. Ok he got threatened by our comm. director but if he is really a fan of the REDS then there was no need to blog it and announce it to the world. Should have done it behind closed doors. Well a mature man will only think this way. He could have contacted Ian and Chang both and sorted it out man to man.
Just shows this guy is publicity hungry.
I think that's a fair statement.

What made it worse is he WAS leaking what was going on to at least 2 newspapers consistently from start to end.

Glory hunting foul man. Reminds me of that fat bastard who runs craptalk.

DEVGRU

Seems a little far fetched to me TBH

He admits to being a liar and a wind up merchant so why should we beleive any of this story, and if he is a lifelong fan of the club then why is he acting in a manner which has been detrimental to the club.

He may just be that much of an attention seeker that he values that attention more than he does his support for the club and now that his alter ego Duncan has been outed or whatever this is his last chance at staying in the limelight so to speak.

As said above if someone threatened my famly etc I would have gone directly to the Police and made a statement then and there but the fact he chose not to coupled with a few other convenient excuses in the story make me think it's bullshit.

It has to be said he has been bang on with alot of info at very early stages of the process so he is either the most accurate guesser on twitter or he has someone inside the club or knows someone who does, don't know what to beleive but would hope Jen hasn't actually acted in the manner depicted.
Good questions there..and well said.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Chang was obviously out of order but Cummings/Jenkins is obviously a first class A-hole who is more interested in glorifying himself than he is in what is best for LFC. A fan? No not in my book, more like a Manc lover.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Whether it's true or bull, it's going to hit the papers and we're going to look bad, AGAIN......

If it's true, Mr Chang, hang your head in shame and goodbye.
Called another one right :)

Status
Not open for further replies.