• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Edinson Cavani (CF) S.S.C. Napoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Edinson Cavani has agreed to talk with Premier League giants Arsenal and Liverpool over a possible transfer, according to the Napoli star's agent.
The Uruguayan's agent Claudio Annelucci says the 25-year-old hitman dreams of playing in England and hinted at a possible move.

Cavani, 25, is one of the most sought after strikers in the world and is the current top goal scorer in Serie A.

Annelucci said: "Liverpool and Arsenal are the first clubs Cavani has agreed to talk to.

"It is no secret that Cavani wants to play in England; it is one of his biggest dreams."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has been promised a hefty transfer kitty after the Gunners signed a new £150 million sponsorship deal with airline Emirates.

Whereas Cavani would prove a great acquisition for Brendan Rodgers who has become reliant on Liverpool striker Luis Suarez.

Cavani has an impressive scoring record, bagging 57 goals in 81 appearances since joining Napoli in 2010.

Source: Express.co.uk
Also found it in our official website:
http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/media-watch/express-cavani-agrees-to-talks
Lot of Rumors circulating now that Liverpool FC and Arsenal FC are seriously interested. This should be one heck of transfer window if any thing of such magnitude happens! :cheers:

Lucas

Hmm, signed a 5 year contract in the summer, after rejecting Citeh. His release clause is £48m. Don't think so, sadly.

LiVeRp0oL89

Him and Suarez are amazing together, really nothing else to say. Only problem is that Liverpool don't allow two world class strikers at the club at the same time so its not going to happen!

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Hmm... to be fair, the only reason i can see it happening is the lure to play with his team mate suarez in a very competitive league.
If let say, he says he wants to join us, then i dont think the money would be an issue. Any sane owner[owning a club like ours] would shell out the money. Him and suarez, i really cant find a excuse why they wont prosper.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
I could see FSG splashing the cash on Cavani actually... a move like this would guarantee us to keep Suarez from leaving for awhile and at the same time form one of the most deadly strike forces in the league. I wonder how Rodgers thinks he would fit into his system though?

TFC

TIA Squad Member
Napoli claimed that it would take the release clause to get him, in reference to Athletico Madrid.

I don't think our owners are bad, but I don't think they would splash that much cash on a single player out of pocket, although I wish they would.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
I have seen these same owners blow more cash on their stupid baseball team bringing in 1 new player. so they can do it and I wouldn't be surprised if they did do it to make a statement and to make up for what happened at the end of the last transfer window. but more importantly they might think Cavani is actually worth doing that for... he is 25 and should just about guarantee you more goals for sure if you buy him

Tosh

TIA Regular
Believe it when I see it.

If the release clause is to be met, I can't see either ourselves or Arsenal being the ones to meet it.

Would be dreamland though!

TFC

TIA Squad Member
I have seen these same owners blow more cash on their stupid baseball team bringing in 1 new player.
You have to realize that those figures are just the player salary spread over the length of the contract.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
It is up to the mods to decide if they will keep this thread open, but this rumour was started by some attention seeker at Facebook few days ago, and Daily Express have decided that it would be interesting to publish it as their own story ...

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
He hasn't won enough medals, we don't need any more losers

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Really can't see him going to Arsenal with Giroud there. If he wants to play in England, I would worry about Chelsea if Rafa fails to turn Torres back into anything that was the old Torres.

LFC_4EVER

TIA New Signing
Really can't see him going to Arsenal with Giroud there. If he wants to play in England, I would worry about Chelsea if Rafa fails to turn Torres back into anything that was the old Torres.
Your right he would go to Arsenal as they have Giroud and also Walcott pushing for the CF position too. Chelsea would be a worry but I feel we are to slow in getting the player. We know we have a problem on the striking position and if Cavani is the right player BR this will fit in his way of playing then go get him.

TFC

TIA Squad Member
There is also Man City with the rumors that have been circulating about Mancini wanting to replace Dzeko (last season) and Ballotelli (this season).

BrianLfc10

TIA New Signing
Give it up people. No WAY is he going to join us because we won't have the funds to get him.
It's basically get a couple of great players and really give the squad more depth, or splash (probably) the entire kitty on one player. As stated previously he apparently rejected City and signed a new deal and now suddenly he wants to leave? Unless he either puts in a transfer request to lower his price or Napoli decide they will take 25 million for him I really can't see him signing for us.

Also when was the last time Arsenal ever splashed big on a player? I can't remember them spending over 25 million on one player in memory... ?

Although if he DOES sign, my god I would cream myself.
Maybe Suarez will give him the old "Liverpool is an amazing club to play for" speech ;)

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
There is also Man City with the rumors that have been circulating about Mancini wanting to replace Dzeko (last season) and Ballotelli (this season).
They are also one point behind second place, which will be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.