Emre Can (MF) Juventus

Should LFC sell Can to Juventus?

• Yes-for £30m for what has been a bench player and not a regular starter!

Votes: 69 20.7%
  • No way-a young German national who was integral in our CL qualification this year and has potential

Votes: 264 79.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StrongINTheAir

The voice of reason
ESPNFC have been posting links of late about Emre Can to Juventus. Today they were throwing about the move for £30m and rating the likelihood of the move as 3.7 out of 5.
Does Keita coming in affect this? World Cup next summer clearly into players minds regarding playing time. How about Hendos amount of minutes last few years due to injuries.
Thoughts?

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I think Keita's acquisition is in part motivated by a realistic assessment that Can may not be motivated to stay here in the long run. Which is unfortunate, as I think Can and Keita could play together - and for one another during split-squad weeks.

I also still believe in Gruijic as a long-term prospect in the central midfield.

Hendo is a fine player when he's healthy, but you can't count on him to be healthy.

To me, I can understand if Can wants to be the guy running the show from the center, but I don't think he'll get more playing time at Juve than he will get here.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
I feel like I'm trapped in Groundhog Day with Can's contract. I could have sworn we've celebrated his signing a new contract at least twice now and as recently as a week or two ago the last time, yet from what I gather it's still unsigned. Strange.

RedSeven

On the one road
I voted yes but would be hoping for a bit more than the 30mp,closer to 35mp would be a decent return on a player with 1 year left on his contract.

mac2005

voted no. lad is a great talent who plyaed most of last season with an injury. we need all the players we can get next season and i don't see us buying anyone in next 4 weeks that could replace him in the squad.

Dave-D

IF Keita did sign I'd expect Can to run his contract down and see what was on offer and how much playing time he gets at Liverpool. In the current circumstances with Keita not moving I'd expect Liverpool to get a new deal signed with him.

prest

Banned Users
It's peanuts considering the shite that's been bought for more.
Yeah but with a year left on his contract, if we can't agree a deal, then it's a good return. If Keita comes I see him playing much less than last year and then we'll lose him for nothing next year. I think he can contribute here but probably not in as significant a role as he's looking for.

JMac8

Can't believe 20% have voted yes. Kyle Walker cost £50m ffs. Can is a rough diamond for sure and struggled with form and fitness at times last season....but he's years from his peak which is potentially a world class CM imo. He might not reach his potential but I'd rather he hang round here for a few years to see if he Can

Drubas

I think he is a perfect Kopp player in terms of mentality, but no more than a decent Klopp player football stylistically.

Nikola

Mediocre outcome is the probable outcome.
Admin
I'd be surprised if Liverpool sold him this summer but I'm kind of resigned to him leaving on a free next summer. I do hope he takes a hint with Klopp's desire to throw away 30 million pounds in exchange for having him in his team for just one more season, though. Juventus should be tempting for almost every footballer out there but it's Klopp who rebuilt Can's career and who repeatedly defended him in public when his performances were dire.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Find it very odd that Juve's starting offer is £30m. Italians and the only one that are so stable. Find it hard to believe that. But anyway, as odd as it sounds, he would get decent game time over there. Pjanic and Khedira are starters, Marchisio is getting on, had injuries and is a bit in and out. The other 3 are Lemina, Sturaro and Rincon. Can would arguably be their 3rd or 4th midfield option. Still think he's closer to staying here. Although we'll see if this is his last season. Maybe he feels he should be recognized as more of a key starter (maybe difference in money as well). But while Henderson is fit and on form, I'm sorry Emre he's still better than you. Hopefully we find an agreement. You have to realize that we're currently pretty short in midfield, only 3 central midfielders are able to play in both a midfield 3 or 2 (not sure if Lallana can do a job in a 2 like Cazorla). Careful there.

Jase

We shouldn't be operating a one-in-one-out policy at the moment. We need the squad. No point getting a quality midfielder if we let one go and are back to having a patchy bench.

If he leaves next summer on a free, or whatever minimal compensation there would be involved, so be it. I'd grudgingly accept that for another top 4 finish and decent showing in the ECL.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Personally think he is a decent player for us and will improve over the next couple of years under Klopp. At the same time would be pissed off to see him leave on a free next summer, so for me, he signs a new contract before the window closes or we take the money.

liver1

Cans a decent team player but hes hasnt really progressed as wed have liked. It maybe that this is his level and if thats the case hes really just a utility midfielder.

If we had someone in the pipeline and it was a choice of stick or twist, id twist and try something different.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
I voted yes but would be hoping for a bit more than the 30mp,closer to 35mp would be a decent return on a player with 1 year left on his contract.
Considering Kyle Walker went to Citeh for 50M, Can would have to be worth minimum 60M

liver1

If Coutinho drops back into CM to let Salah play in the 4-3-3 our midfield options look like Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Wijnaldum + 1 new CM hopefully Keita + Ox/Can.

Ox vs Can would be 6th choice.

Ox would bring more to the mix than Can. Can would just be the Vanilla option he doesnt bring anything to the table that the other 5 CM's dont offer already.

Alright Now

If Coutinho drops back into CM to let Salah play in the 4-3-3 our midfield options look like Coutinho, Henderson, Lallana, Wijnaldum + 1 new CM hopefully Keita + Ox/Can.

Ox vs Can would be 6th choice.

Ox would bring more to the mix than Can. Can would just be the Vanilla option he doesnt bring anything to the table that the other 5 CM's dont offer already.
If Hendo isn't in, we only have Emre for that holding role. Unless you think Gini can play it (I think Gini can do anything in the world, but not that just yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.