Emre Can (MF) Juventus

Should LFC sell Can to Juventus?

• Yes-for £30m for what has been a bench player and not a regular starter!

Votes: 69 20.7%
  • No way-a young German national who was integral in our CL qualification this year and has potential

Votes: 264 79.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strictly Armchair

The thing I'll miss most is the fee although as I'm not one of the club's bean counters I probably shouldn't be bothered about that.

Agree with most of what has been said. Too inconsistent and, at times, too ponderous. Reminds me of my old Daewoo which also went from nought to 60 in a day and a half.

We won't even notice he's gone next season. Cheers Emre, see ya.

El Dorado

Shakin' and stirred
Does this mean Dejan Lovren will be the last man standing from the troubled Class of '14?

We definitely could have used a Mulligan on that transfer window.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Impression I get is that with Keita arriving, he's not guaranteed a starting place and doesn't have the stomach for a fight. Fine, off with you then Emre. (And based on that, not sure he's a player I'd want to rely on in a Champions League final either)

Shame we didn't get a fee for him in the Summer, in hindsight.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
I’m not remotely fussed with Can going,the speed we play at now he looks like a Mack truck in a Grand Prix,hard to see that he’ll get a lot of game time with Keita and possibly others coming in.
So Emre,if you want to go,Bye!

gr_sounder

Ah. Adam. Good shout. He's been missing so much lately I'd forgotten about him. He probably is the most successful performer of the group, but still...his stats also tell the tale. No real standout from that summer.
True there, however, I'm going to probably be in the minority on this.... but I think that summer window was actually very good and important in hindsight. The team needed a makeover --- a complete makeover. We brought in a bunch of good but not stellar players, and some that had potential to really turn into top quality players. This helped steady the team and then we could bring in the special players at various positions. So we got some players that were decent, some that were good, and I think players like Dejan, Lallana, Can were very good players that helped make us a really good team.

So with Can, I had hoped he would be a world class defensive mid by now, but that didn't pan out. He's still a quality player, though I don't think he's ideal for our game. I still hoped he would re-sign with us, but am not too fussed if he doesn't. Good luck to him, he always played very hard for us ... too hard in my opinion... as he would often try to make long dribbling runs upfield when passes and remaining deep would have served him and the team better.

Danny_

I'd like for him to stay but this back injury thing, if it is real, is a worry as it's a very hard problem to solve. If it was just bs and he didn't want to risk injury as he is on a free, then he walked out on us on the biggest game we have had since 2005. Either way, not good.

Maria

His move to Juve will be confirmed tomorrow. Who will bet against me? lol

Bye Emre but please don’t take your female Fans with you.
I won't become a Juventus fan either, but I will keep an eye on him on how is doing and watch the occasional match in Serie A. Aww, I can't believe he is going.
ETA: I heard the Juve are trying to offload Higuain as well.

Phil123

I won't become a Juventus fan either, but I will keep an eye on him on how is doing and watch the occasional match in Serie A. Aww, I can't believe he is going.
ETA: I heard the Juve are trying to offload Higuain as well.
Yeah, 50M euros plus Higuain for Icardi was the offer that they did to Inter

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Is he still here? Fabinho needs a locker space.... come on pack your shit up, hurry up.
Come on Ed, be fair and don't rush the lad. Can's transfer to Juve is going to be announced after the CL Semifinals the CLFinals the Summer Solstice. Juve's other options include, after the World Cup final, after St. Swithin's Day etc. etc.

Maria

Maybe Emre wanted a change of scenery as well as more regular playing time. He is moving to a nice place near the Italian Alps.

Strictly Armchair

This is like one of Makati Red's predictions. He'll clearly be joining them Thursday, next Monday, next Wednesday before half past four.

Would be darkly comical if Juve can't or won't come to an agreement with him and his agent and we tell him he's surplus to requirements here too.

K

Klopptinho

His silence is admirable but fucking irritating,i suppose we'll know why eventually.
he's waiting to be offered a contract .......

by

ANYONE!

or perhaps he's been that busy styling his hair for the past two seasons that he doesn't realise he's out of contract ? lol (he signed a new one with brylcreem and that's what he thought all the contract discussion was about ! hence the £££'s post ? )

Red over the water

Presumably he is under contract to Liverpool so can’t say or confirm anything? Don’t know when the contract expires, maybe June 1 or maybe July 1? And in the perverse world of football contracts and finances, maybe Emre is due a loyalty bonus for seeing out the full contract and not requesting a transfer? So Emre keeps the world’s worst kept transfer secret under wraps and departs with a bundle of cash?

Just speculating, but there’s always a reason for everything, and him keeping quiet about this is likely not down to his stoic professionalism.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Last warning. Anymore comments along the lines of 'he can go fuck himself' and I'll start handing out points.

JibJab

Mo Mane Mo' Problems
I've always liked Emre. Always gave great effort out there. I think he could have been a difference maker if he was fit against Real - at least as a hard-nosed midfielder who wouldn't be afraid to tackle the shit out of someone.

If we can keep him, I don't see any reasons to complain. But if our transfer business is conducted well, he wouldn't be in my XI.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
Last warning. Anymore comments along the lines of 'he can go fuck himself' and I'll start handing out points.
Can we say it after he's gone though ? We weren't allowed to mention Rodgers's extremely white teeth or him being a cheating scumbag while he was manager but now we can

Kopstar

★★★★★
Presumably he is under contract to Liverpool so can’t say or confirm anything? Don’t know when the contract expires, maybe June 1 or maybe July 1? And in the perverse world of football contracts and finances, maybe Emre is due a loyalty bonus for seeing out the full contract and not requesting a transfer? So Emre keeps the world’s worst kept transfer secret under wraps and departs with a bundle of cash?

Just speculating, but there’s always a reason for everything, and him keeping quiet about this is likely not down to his stoic professionalism.
His contract terminates on 30 June, as is standard. No need to request a transfer (pointless exercise for him now) and he'll get the final instalment of his signing fee/loyalty bonus anyway.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Can we say it after he's gone though ? We weren't allowed to mention Rodgers's extremely white teeth or him being a cheating scumbag while he was manager but now we can
I don't know why you'd want to. He's done nothing wrong. Everyone is being very professional.

He has fulfilled his contract and is free to go. That doesn't make him a cunt.

Status
Not open for further replies.