Emre Can (MF) Juventus

Should LFC sell Can to Juventus?

• Yes-for £30m for what has been a bench player and not a regular starter!

Votes: 69 20.7%
  • No way-a young German national who was integral in our CL qualification this year and has potential

Votes: 264 79.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
I don't know why you'd want to. He's done nothing wrong. Everyone is being very professional.

He has fulfilled his contract and is free to go. That doesn't make him a cunt.
Yeah I really don't understand either why some people are banging on him. He has done absolutely nothing wrong.

Irishanfield

Internet Terrorist
I don't know why you'd want to. He's done nothing wrong. Everyone is being very professional.

He has fulfilled his contract and is free to go. That doesn't make him a cunt.
Jesus you do struggle a bit with my sarky humour:tongue:

I have said before that I have no problem with Can and respect that he saw out his contract. Don't understand the need of all this silence especially if he is off to juventus

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
Due to us having salah. Klopp. 4th place . The CL final. Keita and fabinho, ive already forgotten about him. Its like when your old boss calls you when you already have a new and far better job ! Or when your ex calls and she begs forgiveness but you are just having dinner with a newbombshell.... ... er just close the door quietly on your way out....

AussieLad

TIA Regular
His contract terminates on 30 June, as is standard. No need to request a transfer (pointless exercise for him now) and he'll get the final instalment of his signing fee/loyalty bonus anyway.
Also, in the last 6 months of his contract he is free to talk to other clubs not in England so if he had reached an agreement with Juve then there is nothing to stop he announcing it.

Limiescouse

Due to us having salah. Klopp. 4th place . The CL final. Keita and fabinho, ive already forgotten about him. Its like when your old boss calls you when you already have a new and far better job ! Or when your ex calls and she begs forgiveness but you are just having dinner with a newbombshell.... ... er just close the door quietly on your way out....
New flames are like new signings, they look great on Youtube, but you quickly come to realise it was a very favourable edit after a rainy night out in Stoke.

zman89

Still think he'll sign for an english team. No other reason not to announce it now. The CL final is over and done with. No need to keep it sush anymore.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
Doesn't come across in black and white.
Who can appear in black and white? Emre Can. Probably last chance for me to do that terrible joke...

Shame to lose him, he's done well for us and should do so for Juve but I think we'll do even better with Fab. Auf wiedersehen, Herr Can.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Still think he'll sign for an english team. No other reason not to announce it now. The CL final is over and done with. No need to keep it sush anymore.
I think it would have leaked if that was the case, nor would Juve be continuing to woo him.

Dutch

Is he still here? Fabinho needs a locker space.... come on pack your shit up, hurry up.
Never have been a big fan of him, he needs too much time in the ball and holt things up. Too bad we don't get any transfer money but I'm not sorry to see him go.

Limiescouse

The fact he could have announced the Juve move anytime since Jan heavily suggests there is at least another English club in play that has stopped him committing to Juve

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
The fact he could have announced the Juve move anytime since Jan heavily suggests there is at least another English club in play that has stopped him committing to Juve
Or, as Kopstar said, there are contractual issues which mean he has to keep his gob shut until July 1st.

Kopstar

★★★★★
Or, as Kopstar said, there are contractual issues which mean he has to keep his gob shut until July 1st.
No, @Red over the water suggested that was the reason. Ironically they suggested that in keeping quiet due to contractual restraints this was not an example of his professionalism.

It could be the reason he's keeping quiet but I think that's unlikely if he was joining a club overseas. If he's got contractual obligations (obligations of fidelity or even post termination restrictive covenants (fairly unlikely)) then those would normally apply to domestic rivals. If he's being silent simply due to contractual obligations owed to Liverpool then that would suggest he's contemplating a move to a PL rival. A team at the other end of the M62 perhaps.

I just think he's keeping quiet because that's the way he likes it. Every club where he would have aspirations to play know full well he's a free agent. No reason to go blabbing about it as if he's trying to engineer an exit, he's getting an exit regardless. I just think this is the way he goes about his business, privately, professionally.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
No, @Red over the water suggested that was the reason. Ironically they suggested that in keeping quiet due to contractual restraints this was not an example of his professionalism.

It could be the reason he's keeping quiet but I think that's unlikely if he was joining a club overseas. If he's got contractual obligations (obligations of fidelity or even post termination restrictive covenants (fairly unlikely)) then those would normally apply to domestic rivals. If he's being silent simply due to contractual obligations owed to Liverpool then that would suggest he's contemplating a move to a PL rival. A team at the other end of the M62 perhaps.

I just think he's keeping quiet because that's the way he likes it. Every club where he would have aspirations to play know full well he's a free agent. No reason to go blabbing about it as if he's trying to engineer an exit, he's getting an exit regardless. I just think this is the way he goes about his business, privately, professionally.
Apologies for remembering that wrong.

Personally, I think you're right. All that we know is that he's leaving, we’ve bought Fabinho, and thats all there is to it.

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
strangely enough , fabinho isnt Cans replacement, Keita is. Can wants to play DM, but Klopp prefers the CM role, where he has played mostly this season., Fabinho is a direct challenger to Hendo for the DM role, Keita is Cans replacement as CM or No8.

Red over the water

People were asking about why he was keeping quiet, so I suggested he’s probably not saying anything yet while he sees out his contract, and keeping quiet likely ensures he gets paid whatever loyalty bonus he might be due. If he speaks out about agreeing a deal with another club before his contract expires (thanks to Kopstar for confirming that is June 30) he might put a loyalty bonus in jeopardy, hence no formal communication?

I’m on board with not hating Can. He’s doing what he’s entitled to. Played here, wound his contract down, looked at his options, and has decided to move on (not confirmed yet, but looks very likely indeed). It’s all professional and fair enough, but as a fan, I can’t warm to that. I want people to be with us, and heart deep in LFC, but I acknowledge that for the players it’s a job. Can seeing out his contract illustrates that perfectly. If he goes to Juventus I’m sure he’ll do well there. Mind you, I’m sure our fortunes will continue to rise post-Can so there’s no heartache about this from me.

hoosierred

I have to say, I think we have to have some respect for Can's agent. He engineered a contract with Bayern that allowed Can a window to walk at a bargain price (can't remember the details aside from it was a nice loophole to give him control and choice), and he seems to be quietly providing Can attractive options for his next contract.

Or he played a bluff and just lost because we signed Fabinho and Can would now struggle mightily for playing time with us.

Kopstar

★★★★★
I have to say, I think we have to have some respect for Can's agent. He engineered a contract with Bayern that allowed Can a window to walk at a bargain price (can't remember the details aside from it was a nice loophole to give him control and choice), and he seems to be quietly providing Can attractive options for his next contract.

Or he played a bluff and just lost because we signed Fabinho and Can would now struggle mightily for playing time with us.
True, although there is the small matter of having to explain to Can that missing out on at least £10m over the last two years has all been worth it.

Incognito

The Normal One
Just hope he doesn't end up joining the mancs. The only PL rival that makes sense is city for 'winning' things right away, but doubt he'll be a starter there. Not sure why he would find the other mancs appealing?

Arsenal? Might become a starter there and possibly wants to be part of rebuilding there? Very difficult to understand his mindset what he's aiming at which we might not provide. Only time will tell.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Did Ayre end up working at Juventus? It's the only explanation I can think of for a club making the signing of (essentially) a free agent so drawn out and complicated.
Nah, he has left football and back to media. Ubiquity group chairman, bought into the company's as majority shareholder. Still based in the UK... doubt Paratici would work well with someone like Ayre. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.