Emre Can (MF) Juventus

Should LFC sell Can to Juventus?

• Yes-for £30m for what has been a bench player and not a regular starter!

Votes: 69 20.7%
  • No way-a young German national who was integral in our CL qualification this year and has potential

Votes: 264 79.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lynch04

TIA New Signing
Worst kept secret of the last 12 months! Nuts he wants to leave, but I think he'll boss it in the slower Italian league.
I completely agree in that it has been obvious for months he was off.
My own opinion is that i feel abit let down, the club has spent time allowing him to develop into the player he is. He has many attributes and i feel sonetimes doesnt get the respect he deserves.
However, since he stated “i dont control my future, thats upto my agent” (i know iv quoted the comment but it a generalism of what he said).
Emre, your playing for one of the biggest teams in the world who under Klopp are on the ascent. In the best league in the world and you want to leave....
I understand that alongside us and other teams Juve are in the Elite group history wise but apart from money it makes no sense.
However, i am not fussed, i believe Klopp has already replaced this bandit. I wish him all the best and thank him for that overhead kick against Watford, that set up one of the most proud and enjoyable football seasons of my years. I will never forget the season just gone, in hurt and joy

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
I'm still not sure whether I want him to go or not.

On the one hand, this squad is looking pretty good already. If we were to keep all of our outfield players who've been heavily involved this year and then add 3 more really good ones, we'd be in a very strong position. It's hard to imagine how we'd regress in that scenario and the likelihood is we take another step or two forward.

On the other, Can leaving opens up the possibility of us going big on a genuine upgrade on him. He's a good player Can but there are certainly better ones out there.

So yeah, it could work in our favour either way provided we got our recruitment right. I'm not sure which options is preferable actually. The latter potentially raises our ceiling, but the former is absolutely fine too even if it is the safer approach.
This is what I posted 3 months ago. I'm rather happy with the way it's turned out.

A bitch to lose him on a free but we have ended up with a player who I think is a significant upgrade.

Semmy

tho your dreams be tossed and blown
If he doesn't want to stay and be a part of this project, then it clearly shows his heart doesn't belong at the club and should enjoy the slower pace of northern Italy

Can't say I blame him, if that is what he wants.

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
The thing is it doesn't make sense financially as his quoted weekly wage is around 100k. Only reason to go is that he wants to experience Italy and a lil' old lady.

pottymonster

I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.
Players have short careers and most of them usually like to experience different leagues and different challenges while they can. Moving to Juventus at age 24, he can spend a couple of seasons there and win some league titles, and assuming he establishes himself in the team, get a move back to Bayern or even Real or Barca. He has absolutely nothing to lose by leaving and I don't begrudge him at all.

Zico Nealy

Not going to miss him tbh, don’t see him as being a big part of our future either way. I think he sees that himself. A nice change of lifestyle will suit I’m sure

Anfield rd Dreamer

Taking off my Liverpool bias a moment and looking at reasons why Can would want this move.

1st Living in Italy would be fantastic for awhile.

2nd Playing for one of the true elite teams in Juventus, definitely something to tell the grandkids (along with that he played for Liverpool).

3rd Style of football at the team and in that league really suits his playing style and skill set and he could really flourish there better than most places.

4th Decent enough wages that you don't look at the move with regret compared to the bigger wages you would probably have available to you if you're willing to go somewhere worse (China, someone's bench, Manchester).

5th Damn near guaranteed trophies and winner medals for the time he's there so he can have a personal collection to look at when he retires.

6th If all goes swimmingly well and he's really kicked on and established himself there then Juventus have no problem selling their better players to clubs with stronger finances. He could end up a star signing for a big club. Not all clubs are as open to this possible future as they are and cause those moves to be more difficult (such as us with Coutinho).

Once he's moved to Juventus he's played in 3 of the biggest leagues for three of the biggest clubs in the game. Starting at Bayern Munichs academy, playing for us and then Juve. Pretty sure he'll be hoping to earn a move to Barca or Real next to complete the set.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts...
Admin
So it's done then. We got him on a free from Leverkusen and he leaves on a free at the end of his contract. I can live with that and the club is rich enough to not be dependent on a selling fee. Juve gets a good midfielder on the way to his prime, and so do we with Fabinho and Keita. Fair enough.

Good luck Emre, cheers for the good memories (that goal at Stoke will remain the standout moment probably, but there were many others).

Edit: this thread remains open for the time being as there is still no official announcement yet, nor a reliable media report on it (for instance bbc website).

Last edited:

Kopstar

★★★★★
So it's done then. We got him on a free from Leverkusen and he leaves on a free at the end of his contract. I can live with that and the club is rich enough to not be dependent on a selling fee. Juve gets a good midfielder on the way to his prime, and so do we with Fabinho and Keita. Fair enough.

Good luck Emre, cheers for the good memories (that goal at Stoke will remain the standout moment probably, but there were many others).

Edit: this thread remains open for the time being as there is still no official announcement yet, nor a reliable media report on it (for instance bbc website).
We didn't get him on a free Hope, we paid about £10m for him.

I liked Can however he looked like he struggled in our system and we are getting a player that looks like he will fit our system like a glove. Square peg in round hole to perfect anchor and all that).
A good player who helped us out enormously on the physical side of the game.
Well that's freed up some wages and didn't break the bank.
Good luck to you Emre!

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
I liked Can however he looked like he struggled in our system and we are getting a player that looks like he will fit our system like a glove. Square peg in round hole to perfect anchor and all that).
A good player who helped us out enormously on the physical side of the game.
Well that's freed up some wages and didn't break the bank.
Good luck to you Emre![/QUOTE

Well said

I seem to recall seeing that Juventus are paying him 85k per week. If so we would have been paying in the region of 60k.

In this climate not a great deal of money (rubs eyes in disbelief that I just wrote that) for an experienced top flight player.

It makes me wonder

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
I liked Can but I trust Klopp that his better roll is a box to box rather than DM. I will be looking with interest to see if he gets the DM role ast Juventus or ends up on the bench !
I think Fabinho is a far better DM, and Keita is a better box to box. I think Can is making a mistake, but we have done well to improve on him !

HKReds

I do think that he has a decent chance of breaking into Juventus first team. Other than Pjanic, the rest of the central midfield/defensive midfield/box-to-box players are Marchisio (getting older and not getting much game time), Matuidi (same as Marchisio), Khedira (not sure if he will be out of contract this or next season but he seem to be prefered over the earlier two; however, he is also not getting any younger) and Asamoah (who is used more as an utlity player as he featured in various roles in defense and midfield). Unless Juventus goes and sign some other CM/DM (they are rumoured to be targeting Pellegrini from Roma), he probably fancy his chances dislodging one of the above (did I miss out anyone?) to be part of the first team.

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
Could have got 30-40m for him. Going out on a free is one of the worst thing a footballer can do to his club. So, let him go. We will get better without him. It's alright.

Last edited:

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

one against watford was ok - ish too.

Status
Not open for further replies.