• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Expectations of Owners, Manager and Fans

If we finish higher than 8th is it a fantastic season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
The fact that even 6 people said finishing about 8th is fantastic makes me sick. Yeah, we need to balance realism and not being arrogant ("oh we lost to Anzhi? That's fine, we'll just thrash young boys at home" for example). But settling and lowering your expectations is never a good thing.

"Aim for the sky and you'll hit the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor." - Bill Shankly

Quagmire81

TIA Regular
Top 4 would be fantastic. Anything below is not.

I remember up to last years season when the owners came out and said the aim was top 4, there was a thread in here about we should always go for the title and shouldn't settle just for top 4, amazing how quick things change.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
A new manager, a squad short on quality, a squad and new manager shafted in the transfer window, a squad very short on numbers, particularly in attack, a new system to play, a key player injured. it was never going to be easy this season was it!!

A new manager and a new system was always going to take time to adjust to, the lack of senior strikers was always going to limit our goal scoring ability. This season was always going to be one of transition even before the transfer deadline day debacle.

Why do fans expect instant results? Why not just accept too many changes happening too quickly with too few players was always going to see us mid table.

I voted 6th for our final outcome, it's more of a hope than a realistic expectation. But I'd rather we rebuilt and consolidated this season, accepted changes will take time to cause positive outcomes, rather than moan and groan and heap pressure on the manager. He inherited a squad with some ridiculously over paid players, a squad with numerous players that didn't fit the system he wants to implement. The squad has been trimmed - there are still a few more to go mind - and we have now freed up wages to pay to players that do fit the system, that can add to the squad in a positive way. Things will improve, of that I have no doubt.

Be patient people :)

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
this skit was played on Irish radio after the first game of the season. Realy Funny but also realy Fu&king depressing because its scarily true. everything so far has followed almost identical to predicitions, I just hope the last bit about a manager does not.
this is realy worth a listen :unsure:
click on the Stevie G link to listen to the audio. Enjoy or not!!!

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/Weekdays/Ian-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show/Blog/12-10-09/Stevie_G_Download.aspx?ReturnURL=%2FShows%2FWeekdays%2FIan-Dempsey-Breakfast-Show%2FBlog.aspx

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
The biggest problem here - the one the creates all the arguments - is misunderstanding the differences between happiness and acceptance.

I think we'll finish about eighth, unless we have a blistering January window. I can accept that, and I won't be calling for anyone's head on a platter. That's the nature of where we are. The owners and Rodgers and rebuilding this club from the ground up. We know it will take time.

Am I happy about that? Not really, but I've got the sense to know that there isn't another option that can leapfrog us back to the top.

Which is a slightly longer than necessary way of saying the poll is bollocks.

Never Say Never

FSG are the iluminati
A new manager, a squad short on quality, a squad and new manager shafted in the transfer window, a squad very short on numbers, particularly in attack, a new system to play, a key player injured. it was never going to be easy this season was it!!

A new manager and a new system was always going to take time to adjust to, the lack of senior strikers was always going to limit our goal scoring ability. This season was always going to be one of transition even before the transfer deadline day debacle.

Why do fans expect instant results? Why not just accept too many changes happening too quickly with too few players was always going to see us mid table.

I voted 6th for our final outcome, it's more of a hope than a realistic expectation. But I'd rather we rebuilt and consolidated this season, accepted changes will take time to cause positive outcomes, rather than moan and groan and heap pressure on the manager. He inherited a squad with some ridiculously over paid players, a squad with numerous players that didn't fit the system he wants to implement. The squad has been trimmed - there are still a few more to go mind - and we have now freed up wages to pay to players that do fit the system, that can add to the squad in a positive way. Things will improve, of that I have no doubt.

Be patient people :)
The reason I struggle is this: I feel like changing everything at once was going to lead to the aforementioned train wreck and that's going to put us back even farther. I feel at some point you've got to make due with what you've got (to an extent) or youll end up with a bare squad like we do now. We've talked about shifting even more players out and it's not like we're going to bring in more than 2-3 players in in January so we'll be about the same in terms of depth. For as fantastic and the youth players have done, they're lack of experience is very apparent at times. I would've preferred a slower transition and salvage some results (that being said Brendan appears to be seeing the virtues of a more direct approach, similar to our u21 team). My fear is this. Come January/summer we'll just be another mediocre mid table club without much to offer. If we finish 7-10 with no Europe, can't pay high wages, what do we really have to offer? We've got to look at this a bit objectively, not through liverpool tinted lenses. Truth is we've finished lower and lower down the table (this season could be on par with last year). Players want to win things or get paid a lot (sad truth). We can't expect everyone to be loyal like Lucas. Why would someone want to come here over Spurs or Arsenal? Honestly. History just isn't as important to players as it used to be. Which is a shame.

RedSeven

On the one road
The biggest problem here - the one the creates all the arguments - is misunderstanding the differences between happiness and acceptance.

I think we'll finish about eighth, unless we have a blistering January window. I can accept that, and I won't be calling for anyone's head on a platter. That's the nature of where we are. The owners and Rodgers and rebuilding this club from the ground up. We know it will take time.

Am I happy about that? Not really, but I've got the sense to know that there isn't another option that can leapfrog us back to the top.

What if after everything they have done and are planning on doing we continue to drop, losing out on CL, then europa then top half of the league,till in 5 yrs time we are in a group with villa and sunderland etc.Why should we be doing any better than they are.Are we or our owners,who are new to football,are we so arrogant as to think we know the secret to success that all the rest don't know.What if because of what they are doing now we do not leapfrog back to the top.

Actually nevermind the top,what if our fall,due to what they are doing now,keeps us cemented in mid table mediocrity,no big players wanting to join us,the youth players going to city,arsenal,chelsea,utd,spurs and others cos why would they bother coming to a 2nd rate club like lfc,when they can go to all the other clubs who are gonna help develop them into world class players, playing at the top level and mixing it up with all the superstars of the modern game,a big attraction to the young kids.

What if this is the wrong option.What if a slight tweaking of it,such as holding onto experience for 1 more year or paying that little bit more for a goalscoring midfielder or taking that chance on an aging and expensive but proven goalscorer,what if theses things could have helped ease the transition of a new manager and system,keeping us within touch of the top 4 spots,making players,young and older see that we are still a force,but just 1 who needs a little bit of work,not years of rebuilding.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!

Perhaps the easiest counter argument for that, is that its you are preempting how the results will be used wrongly, which in itself is bollocks :p Just because any stats or numbers can be used badly, should never be a reason not to ask the question, especially given as I have given an example earlier in thread that it captures the positive and negative .

If you saying the question will be misinterpreted, I think its a bit of a stretch to argue those reading the question " Where will we finish in the league ?" will interpret it as "What position will you be happy with ?"

The questions are as clear as possible, the first will you share our managers feelings from his statement the other day (the catalyst for the poll) and the third how to you expect FSGs will view it.

Feelings (happiness and unhappiness) in the first question, clearly separated from expectations. Perhaps I could have added a question to capture unhappiness (because thats what your really talking about) and expectations separately.

I would have to ask. Where will we finish in the league ?" as I did, and also What position in the league would you be unhappy with ?"

If this poll about expectations is seen as "anti Rodgers", with people asking for patience etc, honestly how well do you think that second question would go down ?

Sine

Satan's Junior Caddy
The fact that even 6 people said finishing about 8th is fantastic makes me sick. Yeah, we need to balance realism and not being arrogant ("oh we lost to Anzhi? That's fine, we'll just thrash young boys at home" for example). But settling and lowering your expectations is never a good thing.

"Aim for the sky and you'll hit the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor." - Bill Shankly
It's said above 8th - so I went for it... cause obviously 5th, 4th or even 1st would be that no?

Realistically, if we stop wondering how to play and get on with scoring other than Suárez - we should be ok.

The table says what is says, nothing is lost yet.

zagueiro

TIA Squad Member
The reason I struggle is this: I feel like changing everything at once was going to lead to the aforementioned train wreck and that's going to put us back even farther. I feel at some point you've got to make due with what you've got (to an extent) or youll end up with a bare squad like we do now. We've talked about shifting even more players out and it's not like we're going to bring in more than 2-3 players in in January so we'll be about the same in terms of depth. For as fantastic and the youth players have done, they're lack of experience is very apparent at times. I would've preferred a slower transition and salvage some results (that being said Brendan appears to be seeing the virtues of a more direct approach, similar to our u21 team). My fear is this. Come January/summer we'll just be another mediocre mid table club without much to offer. If we finish 7-10 with no Europe, can't pay high wages, what do we really have to offer? We've got to look at this a bit objectively, not through liverpool tinted lenses. Truth is we've finished lower and lower down the table (this season could be on par with last year). Players want to win things or get paid a lot (sad truth). We can't expect everyone to be loyal like Lucas. Why would someone want to come here over Spurs or Arsenal? Honestly. History just isn't as important to players as it used to be. Which is a shame.
re getting rds of so many senior players, I think it was very obvious that Rodgers was hoping Maxi and Bellamy would stay around for another year, their experience would have been very useful both in terms of on the pitch and off the pitch, helping Suso and Sterling et al. They didn't stay, for personal reasons more than anything, and I'm sure Rodgers was disappointed with that. And due to some monumental f*ck up over 2 shillings and sixpence we didn't get Dempsey, So there's 3 players I think would have helped enormously. It wasn't to be, and we are where we are. We can't change it, I certainly don't think it was Rodgers intention to shave so many experieinced players off the squad so soon. Adam, Spearing, they were never going to get a game, but Maxi and Bellamy would have been very useful indeed.

You could try the glass half full approach. We've got Lucas, Suarez, Gerrard, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Reina, Allen and Enrique in our squad, 3 of those have just committed long term to the squad, a signal of intent. Keeping Agger said to other teams, that our best players aren't for sale. These top players are supported by a cast of quality youngsters, Borini, Coates, Shelvey, Henderson, Sterling, Suso, Robinson, and Wisdom (probably missed someone). A couple more players and we'll look a whole different squad. Get rid of just Cole and Carra from the wage bill and we'll have a top quality affordable squad.

Granted results haven't been great in terms of actual points, but it's easy to see that this team will soon have all the pieces it needs to progress, and progress rapidly. Lucas back, some goal scoring wide players, and a back up to Suarez and things will look a whole lot better.

RedSeven

On the one road
It's said above 8th - so I went for it... cause obviously 5th, 4th or even 1st would be that no?

Realistically, if we stop wondering how to play and get on with scoring other than Suárez - we should be ok.

The table says what is says, nothing is lost yet.
You also put 4th on the next question.

Easier said than done with the personnel we currently have.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Perhaps the easiest counter argument for that, is that its you are preempting how the results will be used wrongly, which in itself is bollocks :p Just because any stats or numbers can be used badly, should never be a reason not to ask the question, especially given as I have given an example earlier in thread that it captures the positive and negative .

If you saying the question will be misinterpreted, I think its a bit of a stretch to argue those reading the question " Where will we finish in the league ?" will interpret it as "What position will you be happy with ?"

The questions are as clear as possible, the first will you share our managers feelings from his statement the other day (the catalyst for the poll) and the third how to you expect FSGs will view it.

Feelings (happiness and unhappiness) in the first question, clearly separated from expectations. Perhaps I could have added a question to capture unhappiness (because thats what your really talking about) and expectations separately.

I would have to ask. Where will we finish in the league ?" as I did, and also What position in the league would you be unhappy with ?"

If this poll about expectations is seen as "anti Rodgers", with people asking for patience etc, honestly how well do you think that second question would go down ?
In that case, Allow me to articulate why.

I think it's bollocks because 'happiness' is a subjective issue, and does not imply any action or deviation from a plan is required. Furthermore, it doesn't suggest any kind of timescale. You can be unhappy but understanding. You can be unhappy and have the most ludicrous expectations.

So you can ask the question "will the owners be happy with an eighth placed finish". The answer is obviously "no". But that doesn't for a second suggest anything about what timescale they have placed on Rodgers to better that, and yet if the overwhelming impression is the the owners are not happy with eighth then that will inevitably be used to put more pressure on Rodgers.

Likewise I would have to answer "yes" to the question "would you describe finishing higher than eighth as fantastic". Given the state of the squad and the rebuild we've started finishing higher than eighth would be good. But that doesn't mean I'm happy with this and it doesn't mean that given time we should be finishing a lot higher.

So the poll can show so much, but it can't show everything, and like *why* I think a certain thing, and as such it's open to interpretation and selective reading.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It is a matter of opinion and how one interpret the past events Mascot. One may think the owners would not do anything harsh and irrational if they don't get what they expect, or if they were to see us finishing lower than the position we finished last season then good for them. You can't expect one to be not to be wary of how the owners would react if they do not get what they want.

So if your answer is different from others in here, so be it. It is your view, your opinion. The best you could do is to place some facts in there which one would take it up to argue or just read and leave it as that.

If every poll that slightly skewed towards negative is branded bollocks, then why bother having a forum?

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
There was the bad end of the transfer season. Carroll out, no-one in. I voted 7th before this happened. Now, I have voted 8th, which is maybe an achievable target if Suarez and several key players remain unscathed from heavy injuries (although there are rumours about Agger being injured with Denmark, so that for instance makes me feel already less optimistic about 8th, but anyway...).

Do I think this is fantastic? Hell, NO!!! It would be a miserable achievement for LFC, but I can't see anything better for this season. The key I guess is whether we will improve during the second half of the season, with a view to further improvement during next season.

As for fsg, it's anyone's guess. I voted no. We finished 8th under Dalglish, and it was deemed as insufficient and sackworthy. Will they apply another scale to judge Rodgers this time around, like less money invested, 'their' gaffer, personal liking etc.? Really don't know but my gut tells me it would be no...

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
If we got to the Europa League final and won the FA Cup and finished 8th or above I'd be very happy. I want a bit of excitement and, so far, this is shaping up to be a dull old season. If you can't finish in the top 4 (and we won't) does it really matter where we finish? Reckon we'll be yo-yoing between 6th and 10th for the rest of the season and if we can't progress in the cups it'll become a bit of a yawnfest by about March with very little to play for other than improving our possession stats. At least last season we had the cup runs to keep the interest going.

Will FSG be happy? Don't know but what I am reasonably certain of is that there will be a target of sorts for BR. Don't think it'll be top 4 but Henry made his fortune by applying objective tests, not by making subjective assessments such as 'we're playing nice football' or 'we've got some good young players'. For Henry it's all about the numbers. As long as whatever happens on the field doesn't affect the commercial side I think BR will be OK.

I think this season represents a watershed for the club. First time for a very very long time I no longer consider us to be genuinely competitive. No league title for 23 years but, bar the Souness years and the odd blip, we've always been in the mix. Really feel those days have gone now. Don't like it but just about come to terms with it and have realigned my expectations accordingly.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Voted 4th first time round, but after the abortive summer window I'm unusually pessimistic and think we'll be lucky to make 8th.

A good Jan.could get us above that but after the summer window and last Jan. I'm not convinced that much will happen.

I'm thoroughly pissed off with the suggestion that above 8 th would be fantastic, it is just showing that we are being conditioned to mid table mediocrity.
It has been a bloody long time since above 8th was acceptable to LFC(except well above) but in the context Rodgers is talking about it is certainly not.
With the squad we have at the moment I can't see us doing much better, I'm all for giving kids a run, but maybe a few too many and too often.
At the moment anything like CL is a pipe dream and yet another year with no silverware looms.

Regrettably if some more money is not made available this is going to be the worst year for a while and being conditioned to think that is "fantastic "does not cut it for me.
As for FSG in the poll, I think that because all the appointments and money(or lack of) spent,this is all their own work so I think outwardly they may be happy but in private, a long way from it.

JackleCube

I think a lot depends on who finishes above us; if we're below WBA and Everton, then I think we've underachieved; our squad is weaker now, but still not as weak as theirs, I think we're on a par with Arsenal and Spurs, in that we have a few world-class players, but also quite a few who don't make a big enough impact, so if we're mingling around those those two, then we'll have finished where I think we should finish.

Brendan's comments about finishing 8th being fantastic seemed very uncharacteristic He's someone who usually likes to talk positive, it was perhaps the first sign of acceptance of where we are, but it doesn't seem like a good message to send to the players or the fans, frankly I think he'd be better of not speculating at all about where we'll finish, I think he was perhaps starting to feel a tiny bit of pressure and just wanted to re-iterate where we're at. It's a relief we turned things round in the second half against Chelsea and rescued a point, because if we'd have carried on like the first half and gone on to lose, I think the conversations we'd be having today would be very different.

Chewbazza

Ad-free Member
Tricky one this.

Before the season started I had us for 5th, because I believed 65 points was an achievable target for us. Based on the last 2 seasons, 65 points would have been enough for 5th.

After the first 'quarter' of this season, we are 5 points down on how many I was hoping we'd have achieved. at this rate over another '3 quarters' we'll be 20 points down, which will put us, what 14th? 15th?

However, a closer inspection of our performances would see that we were 'better' than the points we have. We 'won' the Everton game which would be another 2 points, we should have got a draw with the mancs which is another 1. we probably did enough in the Stoke match or Sunderland match to get another 2 points which would put us back on track.

So if we can get the points we 'deserve' we might be okay. January is key, if Rodgers can find the missing ingredient then 5th place is still achievable. If we carry on missing points we should have got, then this season could be terrible.

I voted 8th as a 'happy' medium

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
Some have said that my posts regarding our owners are based on conspiracy theories.

Specifically the expectation regarding what's a good, an acceptable achievement for this season.

Facts:

1-Following the Woy dismissal and during Kenny's reign the owners talked about the importance of being in the CL
2-April 2012 Tom gives an interview about the importance (financially) to be in the CL
3-Kenny's dismissal: justified by not doing well in the PL and not meeting our targets
4-Now Brendan's saying that it'd be a fantastic season to end up better than 8th.

I say, either one of 2 things is happening. Either:

1. Brendan and the owners are on the same page, following the August transfer cluster f*ck, and they both expect that it'll take us at least 1-2 more seasons to be able to fight for CL football, or

2. They are not on the same page, and Brendan is emerging as a Rafa-like martyr and he's using the media to start conveying his dissagreement with their expectation, considering they are not pouring in more $.

Logical, critical thinking, or conspiracy theory-based analysis?

BTW: I've posted this in the "owners" thread if it's better suited for discussion here:

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/index.php?/topic/15269-the-owners/page__st__50

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Some people think we will finish in the top 4 this year.What makes them think that?

Lucas

TFC, is it bad i read your name as THC after looking at the above post?

Spitfire

Resident Realist
Quite frankly half the problem with our issues is the fans and their over inflated expectations of our season and an inability to look at things in context.
We can harp on about things we consider stuff ups like the transfer window etc.

Less than 2 years ago we nearly ceased to exist - I have no problem with a group of owners who are trying to operate us in a financially responsible way.

Developing from within - I approve
Trying to build reliable and consistent revenue streams - I approve

Getting a group of people to throw a bunch of money at something is a short term fix - and it only lasts until their money runs out. And what you are left with afterwards my not be sustainable - in the case of buying players - that is certainly not sustainable.

What I am seeing now on the pitch is something that hasn't been done in a long time - at this point in time we have 3 players from our youth ranks who are consistently starting in the senior team - with a couple more banging on the door - while we know they cannot carry the team alone - the potential savings they offer and future sustainability could be hugely significant. I'm prepared to put up with a mediocre season to ensure development.

I'm also prepared to see a realitively frugal year if we continue to see progress in positioning ourselves from a revenue standpoint - better sponsorship deals - progress and planning to improve stadium revenues etc. This will ensure our long term success and existence.

As a fan this isn't about me or you - it's about everyone who has, does and will ever support the club - and hopefully a growth that will see us competing and winning titles in the future not just for a year or 2 but continuosly. I think there is a slow growth going on at the club right now - the only people that don't seem to be accepting of this is a great number of fans - there is a 'now' mentality.

We have to be patient, we have to be brave and smart enough to let someone put this in place and most importantly we have to realise that we will make mistakes and they are part of the journey not a reason to up sticks and scream for someone to get the boot.

Lucas

Quite frankly half the problem with our issues is the fans and their over inflated expectations of our season and an inability to look at things in context.

Less than 2 years ago we nearly ceased to exist - I have no problem with a group of owners who are trying to operate us in a financially responsible way.

Getting a group of people to throw a bunch of money at something is a short term fix - and it only lasts until their money runs out. And what you are left with afterwards my not be sustainable - in the case of buying players - that is certainly not sustainable.

What I am seeing now on the pitch is something that hasn't been done in a long time - at this point in time we have 3 players from our youth ranks who are consistently starting in the senior team - with a couple more banging on the door - while we know they cannot carry the team alone - the potential savings they offer and future sustainability could be hugely significant. I'm prepared to put up with a mediocre season to ensure development.

I'm also prepared to see a realitively frugal year if we continue to see progress in positioning ourselves from a revenue standpoint - better sponsorship deals - progress and planning to improve stadium revenues etc. This will ensure our long term success and existence.

As a fan this isn't about me or you - it's about everyone who has, does and will ever support the club - and hopefully a growth that will see us competing and winning titles in the future not just for a year or 2 but continuosly. I think there is a slow growth going on at the club right now - the only people that don't seem to be accepting of this is a great number of fans - there is a 'now' mentality.

We have to be patient, we have to be brave and smart enough to let someone put this in place and most importantly we have to realise that we will make mistakes and they are part of the journey not a reason to up sticks and scream for someone to get the boot.
Post of the week.

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
Its a very close season again this year and a few result go our way and who knows where we can end up

We have Wigan, Swansea, Spurs and Southampton for our next 4 games, we should be taking at least 9 points from the 12 on offer there, if results go our way we will be close to 6th. We then have the run of games over Christmas and that is going to be a big test. Obviously our squad is very thin but we should have Lucas back and hopefully Borini too and hopefully we can get enough points to be around 6th when the window re-opens in January.

If we can get the players we are linked with at the moment in KJH and Walcott or players of simmilar quality then we can push on in the second half of the season and hopefully remain in the 5th or 6th spot. I haven't ruled out 4th, it's a stretch obviously but it's not impossible, we are after all only 8 points back.

Walcott,KJH,Suarez
Allen,Stevie,Sahin
Enrique,Agger,Skrtel,Johnson

I would be pretty confident of making a run in the second half of the season with that lineup

We also have Lucas,Borini,Sterling,Suso,Kelly,Wisdom,Coates,Shelvey to rotate in for injuries so the depth is there to make a decent push. For me we just need to get as much as we can until January and then reinforce with quality and make a run coming home.

I'm not giving up

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time

That sums it up for me perfectly. Well said/written. Just wish more people would read this.

lfc55555

TIA First Team

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]I like what Lambert is trying to do, how he changes tactics and formation depending on who we play against etc. Of course I´ll get a bit down when we lose, who likes loosing anyway ? I hope, that Lambert´s lessons will get through before mid-season, because we need certain amount of points to prevent relegation, no matter how big rebuilding is going on. I want to believe, that Lerner is behind his manager, but I suspect, that relegation is not an option and wonder, what is going to happen, if we´ll get stuck in the bottom of the table.[/background]

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]We´ll just have to wait how things turn out. I sincerely hope, that it´ll all come together and Lambert can concentrate on his work without worrying too match about our position in the league table.[/background]

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]Aston Villa for me looks like a young and hungry team, which plays positive football, just the opposite comparing to last season. It´s the right way, hopefully it won´t get too rocky.[/background]

---------------------

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]this is from an aston villa forum. they too have a new inexperienced manager implementing a new style of play. [/background]

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]my concern is that we have a small team mentality now starting to ingrain into the club. it can end up becoming a self fulfilling prophecy. [/background]

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]its far better to aim high and be disappointed than to aim low and always meet your goals. 8th place wont be a fantastic achievement.[/background]

[background=rgb(251, 251, 251)]what was that shankly quote again about aiming for the sky...[/background]

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Ad-free Member
I think my post (#51) above is candidate for post of the year, no?

And no eddie, I don't have any in my back yard.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
We will have reinforcements in January.
Ofcourse they will not be the ones that most here expect.And I pretty sure the owners & managers will be blamed for not signing them.....
Anyways, with those 1-2 or if we are lucky 3 signings, we could climb into the top half.

I think we will end up 6th cause Everton wont be able to keep it up all season & might loose Furball in January.West Brom will also slide down.
But if we finish 8th, it will still be understandable.

For me the most important thing is that 'BR must create a spine for this side', by May.So that he can go into the transfer window(before the new season starts) looking for add ons to that spine.
That is what Rafa did in his first season.Apart from the striker, he had a strong spine at the start of the second season.
Reina---Sami-Carra-Stevie-Alonso.

If BR manages to achieve that, then this season for me would still be a big success even if we finish 8th.

Status
Not open for further replies.