• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Expiring Contracts

Jaytinho

I dont think the club will wait for any releases/free transfers...

James Milner (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Extension - 1 Year

Divock Origi (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Extension - 2 years

Adam Lallana (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Sold

Joel Matip (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Extension - 3 Years

Nathaniel Clyne (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Sold

Data: transfermarkt.com

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
I dont think the club will wait for any releases/free transfers...

James Milner (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Extension - 1 Year

Divock Origi (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Extension - 2 years

Adam Lallana (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Sold

Joel Matip (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Extension - 3 Years

Nathaniel Clyne (Exp. 30/06/2020)
Prediction? > Sold

Data: transfermarkt.com
Think it's been more or less confirmed Clyne will go, however Lallana has said that he's staying. AFAIK Origi and Matip have both been offered, or will be offered, new contracts but remains to be seen if they'll sign them.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
According to Transfermarkt there is an option for another year in Lallanas contract - don't know how that will work.

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Gini's got two years left, he's still on his first contract with us and never got an extension to it. You usually need to solve it when it gets to the final 2 years if you count on that player (or he's not well in his 30's like Milner). Often it happens sooner (when a player impresses), but after Gini's first two seasons maybe we weren't sure. After his last, I think he's getting one. I believe that one will also get done this summer.

Jaytinho

Was just discussing with a friend now, has Lallana like given up on football? He is really not in a hurry to seek first team football is he?

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Pretty sure that next season will be the last for Mignolet, Lovren, Milner, Lallana and Origi at Liverpool.

2020 will be huge for us in the summer transfer window.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Was just discussing with a friend now, has Lallana like given up on football? He is really not in a hurry to seek first team football is he?
Apparently he has shortened his holiday to do extra conditioning on his body, in a bid to be ready and get his fitness sorted, so no, he hasn’t given up on football.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Apparently he has shortened his holiday to do extra conditioning on his body, in a bid to be ready and get his fitness sorted, so no, he hasn’t given up on football.
DIdn't he do exactly the same last summer? Didn't see any difference in his fitness at all last season. Less training the better for someone like him.

Jaytinho

I think what I was trying to point out is, Im dead sure he is aware that he is way behind the pecking order, especially with Ox fit. But yeah, perhaps he will use this year to work his way up the order. Delusions of grandeur

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Pretty sure that next season will be the last for Mignolet, Lovren, Milner, Lallana and Origi at Liverpool.

2020 will be huge for us in the summer transfer window.
Which is why I think the club will be keeping an eye out this summer for the right replacement options. From our loaned players, academy kids and transfer targets. Any of those options that are available this summer may do it now instead of next year. If we wait for next summer that will be a lot of business needing to be done in one window. Something Klopp doesn't like.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
I think what I was trying to point out is, Im dead sure he is aware that he is way behind the pecking order, especially with Ox fit. But yeah, perhaps he will use this year to work his way up the order. Delusions of grandeur
Or we could get behind our players?

If he is working hard to get himself in shape then that is what we want to hear. A fit and firing Lallana is a good player to have around, even if it is somewhat down the pecking order. I doubt there is a club that has a player as good as their 8th midfielder.

In a summer where we are apparently finding it difficult to recruit down the pecking order, criticising a player who seems willing to play that role is bizarre.

I’d rather have Lallana than £20m quid we can’t spend.

Jaytinho

If he is working hard to get himself in shape then that is what we want to hear. A fit and firing Lallana is a good player to have around, even if it is somewhat down the pecking order. I doubt there is a club that has a player as good as their 8th midfielder.

In a summer where we are apparently finding it difficult to recruit down the pecking order, criticising a player who seems willing to play that role is bizarre.

I’d rather have Lallana than £20m quid we can’t spend.
Oh ofcourse, I have no issues with Lallana, he is still a LFC player, Im just concerned for his career, I really am lol I dont see him getting much playing time, if he settles for a Mignolet role, then, well, thats on him

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I doubt we would get much for Lallana, also remember he has just won a CL medal, he didn't play much but still.

Same with Sturridge in a way, he will probably behind a number of players and probably doesn't play much but he adds to the quality of the squad and it's important.

Flobs

FADA
Gini's got two years left, he's still on his first contract with us and never got an extension to it. You usually need to solve it when it gets to the final 2 years if you count on that player (or he's not well in his 30's like Milner). Often it happens sooner (when a player impresses), but after Gini's first two seasons maybe we weren't sure. After his last, I think he's getting one. I believe that one will also get done this summer.
He'll be in his 30's next season. Plus unless a player 'deserves' an improved contract I have the impression LFC wait till only one year remains. Most of the players seem happy with this as well. I haven't looked at what Wijnaldum is on however I'd guess he's happy where he is.

Flobs

FADA
I don't think Klopp would leave him believeing that his place is anywhere different tyhan where Klopp says it is. If fit he is a good player to have around. No-one seems to get close to leading our press quite like Llallana so he remains useful i just think he needs to find other outlets when in possession than turning around all the time (which just strains his weakened state) can a player at his age learn to release quickly? :think:

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
He'll be in his 30's next season. Plus unless a player 'deserves' an improved contract I have the impression LFC wait till only one year remains. Most of the players seem happy with this as well. I haven't looked at what Wijnaldum is on however I'd guess he's happy where he is.
Yes, but he's showing that he'll probably be able to keep it up for a few seasons in his 30's (can play different roles in midfield, perhaps he "replaces" Milner in a few years). He's a very good athlete, a decent footballer (not more than that) and he's almost always fit. This season played with more of an anger, authority, responsibility. Reacted brilliantly to us getting two midfielders (almost three in fact if we include Fekir who would've been either a #10 or false #9, and one directly for his role) and realizing that he needs to step up. I'm not his biggest fan and I said it multiple times, but the reality is that especially on the basis of last season (after two so-so seasons) he deserves a few more years of our trust, at least contractually (maybe a slight pay rise, he doesn't strike me as someone who will ask for huge numbers or that he isn't happy here). How much he plays in that time and when do we sell him, that's a different topic. Normal clubs look to decide what to do with players (who they count on and we count on Gini) having 2 years left, I don't want us to wait until Gini (or any player in his peak, who looks he might keep it up and plays so many minutes for us) gets in his final year. Maybe it's just to sort out the final details and timing of it before we announce it.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
If he can be available for selection I think he'll get his share of games next season. I also think Klopp is honest with the players regarding their situation, and given his apparent desire to stay he probably knows he's still highly valued. No reason for him to go anywhere if that's the case. See if he can stay fit and earn an extension.

Jaytinho

If he can be available for selection I think he'll get his share of games next season. I also think Klopp is honest with the players regarding their situation, and given his apparent desire to stay he probably knows he's still highly valued. No reason for him to go anywhere if that's the case. See if he can stay fit and earn an extension.
True story, the squad is the bigger picture. Thing is, Lallana is on about £70k a week. If Liverpool are cool with paying a 3rd choice midfielder that much then hey, thats probably none of my business

The Elusive 19th

TIA Youth Team
The question with Lallana staying is - how it is going to affect Wilson's minutes. I feel Lallana should be moved on and Wilson should be given those 500+ minutes, as it can help prepare Wilson. I also expect Lallana to get injured again and expect him not to do much this season either.

Limiescouse

Which while admirable, is actually the move that started all this injury stuff over the last 2 years. He had a good end to the season and earned Klopp's trust, got really enthused about the following season so cut his holiday short to do additional fitness work before they were required to go back and then almost immediately tweaked something and never really got right again.

I think that is a point worth remembering. A fit Lallana has always been a trusted member of Klopp's squad and is a player who has mostly delivered. If we can get a fit Lallana and he still never plays because hes too far down the pecking order, then we're in line for a damn fine season.

Limiescouse

Yes, but he's showing that he'll probably be able to keep it up for a few seasons in his 30's (can play different roles in midfield, perhaps he "replaces" Milner in a few years). He's a very good athlete, a decent footballer (not more than that) and he's almost always fit.
I think that is a great read. Gini is super professional and a very smart player. He is a natural fit to slip into the void that losing Milner will leave in terms of a player who has a great understanding of what the manager is asking of him, can be used in a variety of role, and is a perfect role model for the younger players. That requires him accepting a bit of a changed role, but the fact he is so smart and get it is why he'll probably see that sort of shift in his role at the club as the best thing for him.