FA Cup 4th Round Replay. Liverpool vs Shrewsbury Town. 4.2.20. 1945 hrs ko.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Over to the kids.
Huge opportunity to shine, but lets be fair this will be a tough test for them.

Hope to see Jones, Chiverella and Elliot (the SENIOR players!!) take hold of this from the start. Expect a tough game and a 2-0 win!!

redalways

TIA Regular
I'd expect us to at least put up a fight, if not win the match. Doesn't matter that it's likely to just be younger players. The ethos should be top-down in the whole team, such that even if we play the kids in the league after we've mathematically won it, we can still count on them to keep the invincible streak going. If we are to have any form of a good future in two or three seasons, they need to start having that mentality now.

Joe Gomez x

Not expecting a lot to be honest . Hopefully it’s not an Aston Villa repeat which it could be as younger lads could easily struggle with a more physical direct League One side than a passing side which most academies try to play at that high U23 level.

Would like to see VVD, Hoever, Kelleher, Elliott,Jones and Hardy start. Don’t think Jones has played enough to warrant a holiday to be honest. Think he would rather play this than go away on holiday.

Neukolln

Ad-free Member
It is strange ESPN+ isn’t carrying the match but they have Oxford/Newcastle. Anyone interested in sending me a reliable stream for this one I’d be eternally grateful!

No expectations at all for the scoreline but I believe our youth can do the job. I respect the players Shrewsbury have in their side but there’s also a lot of pedigree in our boys. Also, I’m curious to know this.... if any of our senior players that haven’t played much recently would want to stick around and play in this match for fitness and to stay sharp, would they be allowed to? Or is JK making all senior players off limits for this one?

Sweeting

Think it will be

Kelleher
Williams Hoever VDBerg Lewis
Clarkson Chirivella Cain
Elliott Hardy Jones​

All of them (apart from Kelleher) were left out against Arsenal on Saturday.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Naby, Shaq, Minamino, and Fabs could use the run out too, but it may be more fun to give the FA the big middle finger.
No way, I want a treble. FA Cup is a genuine trophy and we've won it plenty. But the way some fans are acting like we've won heaps of trophies in the last decade or something doesn't sit well with me. We've won fuck all in the past 14 years, only 3 major trophies.

I'd like to see a few of the first dealers who haven't played much this season and don't "need" a holiday to play here. Losing at home to some random league one team is not cool with me.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Not to add more pressure on the kids, but isn’t this also the Anfield undefeated record on the line? Or is that PL.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Not showing anywhere in Canada as well, hopefully highlights somewhere. On LFCTV (audio).

PaulRoJo

Supporter since 1990 still waiting for the league
No way, I want a treble. FA Cup is a genuine trophy and we've won it plenty. But the way some fans are acting like we've won heaps of trophies in the last decade or something doesn't sit well with me. We've won fuck all in the past 14 years, only 3 major trophies.

I'd like to see a few of the first dealers who haven't played much this season and don't "need" a holiday to play here. Losing at home to some random league one team is not cool with me.
Yeah I've been disappointed with this play the kids thing from Klopp. Yes the scheduling is shit and the FA do need to be sent a message but shame it is at our expense. Personally think those fringe first players who needed playing time should play here augmented by the u23s. Yes the first team (and Klopp) should have their break but for the likes of minamino (had break before Christmas) and Lallana (needs minutes if he is to be useful in run-in and on his way in July anyway) and perhaps a couple of others this is a good game time opportunity. Sure the 5th round game away to Chelsea would be tricky, and a rest instead would be useful, but it would be nice to lift the FA Cup again as well..
Ah well, I just hope that the kids can give a good account of themselves; don't lose confidence and are supported no matter the score. YNWA boys, even if this is the only time you turn out for the first team.

jay90

stoked for this game. after the inital confusion i'm fully behind klopp's decision here and he wont be forsaking them. i'm actually pretty hopeful for this, bordering on expectant!

one thing that shrewsbury may discover is that we have an exceptional tactical and opposition analysis team. with the stars in the first team this can often be seen taking effect even at half time in a game, let alone the return fixture/leg later in the season.
the kids aren't at that standard obviously, but it sounds like the squad have been training apart to prep for this game. they'll be as ready for the shrews as they can be and have a very clear gameplan.

we appear to have improved the squad in one key area since villa too, in that we have a prolific goalscorer in joe hardy.

the "first teamers" all have a bit more experience

the young lads at centreback is really the only part that concerns me. but our best chance may be telling the lads to just go for it up top and render that irrelevant.

*waving at you chelsea* :D

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Must admit I am dissapointed that we will not have at least 2 senior players who have not been playing lately involved. It would help the youngsters development more if they had a little experience around them, Especially at CB.
Best of luck to Critch and the kids.

Sweeting

Must admit I am dissapointed that we will not have at least 2 senior players who have not been playing lately involved. It would help the youngsters development more if they had a little experience around them, Especially at CB.
Best of luck to Critch and the kids.
I agree, but having said that it was the experienced CBs who threw the game away at their place.

Lowton_Red

No football club is successful without hard work.
Ad-free Member
It should be live on BBCi Player. You should be able to access that with a VPN?
It's not. The beeb is showing oxford v newcastle on live TV and iPlayer.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.