FA Cup 4th Round. Shrewsbury Town vs Liverpool. Sun 26th Jan 2020. 1700 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaffod

One for changes......
Adrian
Williams, Matip, Lovren and Laroucci make up the back 4.
Lallana Fabinho and Jones
Elliot, Minamino and Origi ip front.

Another step, another victory, no problems.
That's the team I'd have picked before last night except I'd have had Chirivella in for Lallana, think he deserves another start after his performances so far.

However, seeing as Fabinho got minutes in the last 2 games I'd probably leave him out of this one and start him at West Ham after another week's training. So a mid of Lallana, Chirivella and Jones is what I'd go with.

Looking forward to seeing Larouci again if he's picked. Thought he was great against the Ev but Jones got all the plaudits for his goal and he was somewhat overlooked.

Minamino might be a doubt, JK said he felt his calf not long after coming on. Shame if that's the case.

Hopefully Shaqiri can get some minutes if fit but he's looking more like Lallana every day, really frustrating the amount of niggles he's picking up.

Should be able to sit back and enjoy this one without the stress that accompanies the Prem games. 2-1 to the Reds.

RodM

One for changes......
Adrian
Williams, Matip, Lovren and Laroucci make up the back 4.
Lallana Fabinho and Jones
Elliot, Minamino and Origi ip front.

Another step, another victory, no problems.
Nothing much to add to this. I think it's a good mix of experience requiring match time with youth needing appearances.

I'm looking forward to this. The FA Cup seems to be overlooked these days but this is a proper cup tie against an opponent that we would rarely otherwise meet.

When I was a kid the Cup was always the one that everyone wanted to win and we very rarely did. The FA have really messed it about but it always used to be the big game that you hoped to see your team in on the last day of the season. Here's hoping.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Are Lovren and Shaqiri fit?

Think vdB will start if Lovren is not ready.

Can one of Hoever or Williams cover LB? Hope to see both but I prefer Hoever at RB tbh.

Adrian
Hoever Matip vdB Larouci
Lallana Chirivella
Elliott Minamino Jones
Origi​

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Good game to give some of the returnees a start that they need, Matip, Lovren if it's not too early for him, Fabinho. A more balanced 11, better chance for youngsters to show what they can do alongside some more senior players.

More generally, we'll see how long Mane is out. Could be the next 3 games, maybe less, maybe more (hopefully not). We might play more often the 4-4-1-1 (perhaps not on Sunday, but in the next league game(s)) without him.

GratefulRed

TIA Reserve Team
Ad-free Member
With Mane probably out for a couple weeks with a hamstring injury and Minamino feeling his calf during the game, I’d keep Minamino out of this one. If Minamino aggrevates that calf injury we are starting to look thin in attack.

Adrian
Williams, Matip, Lovren, Larouci
Fabinho, Chirivella
Elliot, Lallana, Jones
Origi​

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Origi Minamino Elliot
Lallana Jones
Fabinho
Larouci Matip Phillips Williams
Adrian
Bench: Kelleher, Lovren, Hoever, Chirivella, Ox, Firmino, Salah

That starting team should have enough experience to see us through. Not sure if Lovren is back for this one. If not, Hendo takes his place on the bench. Most probably, Millie and Shaq won't be involved as it comes too soon for them, so that's Chirivella and Ox on the bench.

There is an argument to be made about Chirivella starting instead of Fabinho however. His performance against Everton certainly would deserve another start.

rockafella

Registered before you did
Think the nailed on selections are;
Adrian,
Williams, Matip
Jones, Lallana,
Origi

Lovren will be if fit. If not, don't know whether he'd go Gomez like he did against Everton, or whether Hoever starts CB.

Not sure about Fabinho - does playing him mean he won't start vs West Ham? Or does he need minutes here?

Minamino would've been nailed on, but wouldn't be a shock to see him benched considering he played the majority of the Wolves game. Klopp said at only half time he was feeling it in his calves.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
If all fit, I'd go with

Adrian

Williams Matip Lovren Hoever

Chirivella Lallana Jones

Elliot Origi Minamino

Picked Hoever over Larouci as I actually think Hoever has a shot at making it here long term. Also wouldn't mind Hoever at CB if Lovren isn't fit, or even Fabinho. Don't want to see VdB there, his performances don't really merit a first team spot as harsh as that is to say.

Red over the water

Wonder what team we will pick for the taming of the Shrew?

Adrian
Williams Matip Lovren Larouci
Chirivella Lallana Jones
Elliot Origi Minamino

Matip and Lovren are fit, let them see some action.
Arguably we can accommodate another inexperienced lad for one of them, say Hoever or possibly VDB (he looks a bit behind at the moment) but with inexperience in the fullbacks, I like a solid central defence.

Chirivella did very well last time out. I had almost forgotten about him. Lallana adds experience to the midfield and Jones is becoming quite the player, so he needs to build on his showing so far.

Elliot looks like a star in the making so he starts. Origi to be the anchor for the front line, and Minamino to play again while he gets up to speed with the team.

It would have been a good game for Brewster, so hopefully he continues to do well on loan. I also don’t know where Keita is at with his fitness, but I could see him getting minutes.

Sweeting

Adrian
Williams Matip Lovren Larouci
Chirivella Lallana Jones
Elliott Origi Minamino​

Only question seems to be if Williams or Hoever starts at RB.

macca1970

VVD, TAA, Robertson, Henderson, Gini, Salah, Bobby - they all should not even be in the match day squad.

Nice chance for Fab and Matip to feel their way back in and get some match fitness. All first team experienced squad members lacking minutes should start (Origi, Lallana, Ox). Minamino (if injury free) should get some time to feel his way in (good player, but all new players need time to get to grips with what Klopp demands). Adrian of course the FA cup keeper.

PLus add some sprinkling of youth (would like Elliot to start).

Status
Not open for further replies.