• Confused, scrambling journalists

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Angry Pep

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flaming effergy of Sergio Ramos.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Brick wall, fittingly.

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Tearful Karius, a bit too much if we're honest.

• Rack of dummy boots no-one has every worn.

• Klopp's masculine, but tender, embrace.

• A life sized cardboard cut out of Duncan Castles consoling a distraught Jose Mourinho

• Back to back with Firmino

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Liverpool are closing in on the signing of Monaco midfielder Fabinho in a deal that could be worth more than £40m.

The Champions League finalists hope to make the Brazil international, 24, their first signing of the summer for a fee of around £39m (45m euros).

A deal would also feature performance-related payments, which could come to a further £4m (5m euros).

Fabinho's arrival will all but guarantee Emre Can leaves the club, with his contract set to expire.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44284792

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
Liverpool have agreed a fee of up to €50million (£43.7millon) to buy midfielder Fabinho from Monaco.

The 24-year-old Brazilian is likely to replace Emre Can and play the ‘number six’ role in Jurgen Klopp’s team.

Fabinho has been wanted by a host of Europe’s leading clubs, and has previously been linked with moves by Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United, but it is Liverpool who have agreed the deal having made an initial inquiry last year.

The fee will be €45million plus a further €5million maximum in add-ons for Fabinho who is set to become part of a re-built of Liverpool’s midfield which also includes the agreed signing of Naby Keita from RB Leipzig.

Monaco resisted attempts to sign Fabinho last summer – when Liverpool also inquired about Thomas Lemar – but agreed with the player that he would be allowed to leave this summer if a deal could be struck.

Sources close to Monaco say that deal has now been agreed.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/28/liverpool-agree-437m-fee-fabinho-monaco/

i_still_miss_fowler

Open Your Eyes Morty!
https://www.joe.co.uk/sport/liverpool-to-beat-manchester-united-to-monaco-midfielder-fabinho-181145

Monaco’s Fabinho has been identified as Jurgen Klopp’s first-choice target to anchor Liverpool’s midfield and the club are confident of tying up a transfer for €40 million, with a further €5m in potential add-ons.

The Anfield side, beaten in Saturday’s Champions League final with Real Madrid lifting their third European Cup on the spin, have been in positive negotiations with the Ligue 1 outfit over the 24-year-old long coveted by Manchester United.

A strong tackler and aerially dominant, the Brazilian is viewed as the perfect defensive screen for the Reds in the centre of the park while Emre Can is expected to complete a switch to Juventus as a free agent.

Sporting director Michael Edwards has worked quietly and tirelessly to progress an agreement as quickly as possible with the club determined not to stand still after an exhilarating continental campaign. An official announcement could be made within 24 hours.

Fabinho, who started off as a fullback and can also operate further forward in midfield, is an incisive passer with excellent positional sense and will rectify a core weaknesses in Liverpool’s squad.

They have assessed the Sao Paulo-born talent for well over a year and his signing will be the start of an aggressive summer for the Reds in the market.

Fabinho moved to Europe in 2012 from Fluminense's reserve side to join Portuguese club Rio Ave, before swiftly shifting to Real Madrid Castilla on a season-long loan.

View image on Twitter
Melissa Reddy

@MelissaReddy_

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/1001176281843724289

Monaco’s Fabinho is #LFC’s first-choice target as their midfield anchor. Club have been working quietly to finalise a deal and are confident of doing so.

Fee: €45 million + potential €5m in add-ons
7:00 PM - May 28, 2018
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1001176281843724289
The destroyer made one appearance for their first-team before a temporary deal was struck with Monaco for two seasons, which turned permanent in 2015.

Fabinho, not included in Brazil's World Cup squad, was instrumental to their title triumph in 2016-17 and their sensational run to the Champions League semi-finals in the same season.

He contributed eight goals and five assists across all competitions in the recently concluded campaign to complement his defensive duties, with the French outfit resigned to losing him to the Premier League.

Maria

Sorry, I haven't got a clue about this Fabinho fellow or about Monaco as a club apart from that they were in the Champions League. Is he any good and what position does he play? I don't have time to watch all the matches in the European league.

I thought we were getting Fekir?

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Never heard of him but who cares...I had never heard of Torben Piechnik either.....he must be quite good if JK wants him.

I don't know a huge amount about him tbh..

Not up on my French football or Brazil team.

I've two options:

1. Pretend like I've tracked him for years and get really exciting telling everyone how great he is and how well he will fit in.

2. Ask someone to describe what two players combined would best describe him and then get excited?

Iluvatar

Allez Allez Allez
I don't know a huge amount about him tbh..

Not up on my French football or Brazil team.

I've two options:

1. Pretend like I've tracked him for years and get really exciting telling everyone how great he is and how well he will fit in.

2. Ask someone to describe what two players combined would best describe him and then get excited?
Get excited anyway! He has an inho on the end of his name.

Zinedine Biscan

Never go full Lovren
Already said my piece on the Unreliable thread, but very much on board with this one. Along with Keita looks like one of those who will take us to the next level.

Most of Redcafe are either angry, confused or shitting themselves by the look of it, which is a good sign lol

Status
Not open for further replies.