Fabinho - Welcome to Liverpool FC

Flobs

FADA
I think Lovren would be a disaster if asked to shoulder the additional responsibility of being captain. Just let him concentrate on what he's doing!

I'm sure Klopp has a plan for the captaincy, and if Fabinho's arrival means by necessity it's taken from Hendo (as he is no longer part of the first-choice XI) then VVD has to be the outstanding candidate.
Personally I think VVD has enough on his shoulders to keep the defense and Goalkeeper together. Putting even more pressure on a defender doesn't seem to be the way forward at the moment. (N.B I felt VVD was feeling the pressure at the end of the season and 'loosing' it a bit).
What about Firmino if he can speak english well enough?

Jayus20

Does anyone reckon at some point Klopp may convert Fabinho into a CB? Both Hummels and Bender started off at CDM's for Klopp and eventually moved to CB's didn't they? So surely it isn't out the question and he seems to possess most skills we would want in a CB. Just a thought. Don't think it'll be any time soon but his original target for a #6 Jorginho is quite different to Fabinho and I'm wondering whether in the back of his mind he's thinking if he can find a number #6 like Jorginho next summer he may convert Fabinho into a RCB.

Cologne-Liverpool

Does anyone reckon at some point Klopp may convert Fabinho into a CB? Both Hummels and Bender started off at CDM's for Klopp and eventually moved to CB's didn't they? So surely it isn't out the question and he seems to possess most skills we would want in a CB. Just a thought. Don't think it'll be any time soon but his original target for a #6 Jorginho is quite different to Fabinho and I'm wondering whether in the back of his mind he's thinking if he can find a number #6 like Jorginho next summer he may convert Fabinho into a RCB.
As far as I remember, Klopp played Bender almost exclusively as DM, he made the switch to CB primarily under Tuchel. I think Hummels only helped out as DM in a few games at the beginning of his career.?

Flobs

FADA
No!

Jayus20

As far as I remember, Klopp played Bender almost exclusively as DM, he made the switch to CB primarily under Tuchel. I think Hummels only helped out as DM in a few games at the beginning of his career.?
Ahh fair enough! I knew Hummels had played as a DM under Klopp early in his time at Dortmund but wasn't sure of the circumstances! Thanks!

Neukolln

First post...love this forum and collection of Liverpool supporters. Just wanted to add, with the addition of Fabinho and Keita, the side won't easily be bullied or pushed around by mid/low table slugs. We are losing a bit of that "swagger" with Emre departing, but gaining it back exponentially (along with skill) with these two excellent quality signings.

jackh1092

Interesting i read earlier he finished quite early it the fitness test yesterday......looks a complete athlete thought he'd be doing better!

I'm sure Klopp will change that!

Artrain

So, for anyone who's watched him play (and I mean more than YouTube scouting), how would you say this guy compares with Hendo?

big noyd

Thank you Bobby Firmino for helping us get Fabinho to LFC. Nice one Bobby

(insert 'twitter eyes')

since elvis costello is a red, maybe 'alison' should be reworked for allison's song--just imagine anfield belting 'aaaaaaaliisooon" from the hook as he covers up to see out a home win

this might as well be fabinho's song, since rebeca tavares seems like just about the coolest human since miles davis: