• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Feature / Interview: ROBBED – The Rob Jones Story

News Bot

I'm not a real person, I just add news!
When Rob Jones made his Liverpool debut, aged just 19, he was tasked with marking an emerging talent called Ryan Giggs; at Old Trafford; just 48 hours after signing from fourth division Crewe Alexandra. He did so with flying colours. Robbed is the story of Jones’ elevation to first-team player at Liverpool, his boyhood club, [...]

View the full article

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
This is well worth a read for the interview with Paul in the article.

liveforthereds

asp67 twitter
Rob Jones one of the plus points the Souey time as boss. Could have been one of the best right backs for Liverpool and England. Saddly we and he was robbed by injury.

Mascot88

Bootroom Member
Admin
Had Rob Jones not had the wretched luck with injuries that he had, Gary Neville's England career would have been a footnote.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
What a player he was. Giggs said he was the best fullback he faced. I remember fans crying shoot whenever he got in range. He would..into row Z to cheers all round. Suffered badly with injuries and retired early. I usually buy a book to read over christmas so will pick up a copy.

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
That was nice.
I am really looking forward to the book.I never saw him play LIVE, but I have heard from an awful lot of people that he was really good.And that if it wasn't for the injuries, a certain Neville would have never got a look in the English setup.