• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Fernando Llorente (ST) Athletic Bilbao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Contract expires next summer, Bilboa expected to cash in in January.

Means his price will be lower than his value so appeals to FSG.

Could get him for £15m according to reports.

Plays tiki taka at Bilboa ;)

I could go on. Must stop!

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2012/09/liverpool-target-llorente-for-january-report/

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Someone tell Matt that it's September.

Anyhow, we stand 0% chance of getting him. He'll go to United or Chelsea, not here. Sad fact is that to any non-LFC fan we're just a midtable EPL side with a nice bit of history.

We've not got the money to offer like Malaga, we don't have Champs League, we don't have a chance in hell of him coming.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Juve wanted RVP, ended up with Bendtner ;)
True, but keep in mind RVP came out and said he made it very clear to Wenger/Arsenal board that he wanted a move to Man U, so it didn't really matter if Juve, City or anybody else wanted him.

Keep in mind that Juve may be playing knockout round CL footy be then too.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
He'll almost be 28 in January. If FSG weren't willing to pay £6-7 Million for Dempsey, I don't see them willing to pay double that on this lad.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
He'll almost be 28 in January. If FSG weren't willing to pay £6-7 Million for Dempsey, I don't see them willing to pay double that on this lad.
Someones going to have to drum it into them that we need to spend on players of his quality.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Since he's double or triple the player of Dempsey, lets hope they would.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Contract expires next summer, Bilboa expected to cash in in January.

Means his price will be lower than his value so appeals to FSG.

Could get him for £15m according to reports.

Plays tiki taka at Bilboa ;)

I could go on. Must stop!

http://www.thisisanf...january-report/
On the account of this, you may as well open up a Walcott thread, mate. ;)

I'm not sure if Llorente is a target at all (other than because of his contract situation), though he would be a decent addition, I guess. However, 15 million pounds for a player with half a year left on his contract would be way too steep even if we were talking about the likes of Rooney and Van Persie, let alone Llorente.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Love this player. I hope FSG realise that not all players can be bought with a view to selling at a later date. Cant see it happening but we live in hope.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
We've not got the money to offer like Malaga, we don't have Champs League, we don't have a chance in hell of him coming.
I suspect that for a marquee signing, FSG will dig deep. They just won't bother for Clint Dempsey ;-)

Ataturk

★★★★★
Would be an amazing signing, but I think we'd be too far down the queue for him and unwilling to push the boat out financially to make it happen. Brilliant player though.

snape

TIA Youth Team
Agreed. If we are in the realm of fantasy, then I rather fantasize about Falcao than Llorente.

hugo the horrible

Ridiculously optimistic.(even more so now)
Anyone who can put the ball in the back of the net would be nice but am not convinced FSG will put up for him and anyway,if we are desperate by then,and we may be unless Yesil is stepping up,which way will the price go if LFC is mentioned?

DanLFC

Strafing ground targets
I imagine we will be back in for Sturridge in January, Chelsea will try and sign every player worth more than 30 mil and that wil leave a few surplus options for us to have a crack at. Would be nice to land Lorente, but too old for the money they will want and am far from convinced that FSG will open the chequebook in a big way which will leave us picking up the scraps.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
I imagine we will be back in for Sturridge in January, Chelsea will try and sign every player worth more than 30 mil and that wil leave a few surplus options for us to have a crack at. Would be nice to land Lorente, but too old for the money they will want and am far from convinced that FSG will open the chequebook in a big way which will leave us picking up the scraps.
Lets hope Walcott stays on the bench with Arsenal and agree a pre-contract with him in January. Save money from the fee all toghether and have some extra cash to throw around...

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
I cannot imagine that 12-15 mil pounds for a proven striker who will only be 28 next Feb be called too old. 25 mil pounds maybe too much for his age but if his stance continue to be hard on not signing a contract, I think Bilbao might be forced to accept that range of bid 12-15 for him. But in any case, I think he might go to another Spanish or an Italian club. FSG has been willing to open their cheque books, and they did open them in a big way, just not on our terms but on their terms.

LFC-Orlando

TIA First Team
Most players who are "reportedly" talking with us (except for Joe) are not coming here, and they will likely sign for Spurs and other up and coming clubs.

It was just 3-4 years ago, when names such as Xabi, Fernando and Javier were attracted to LFC.

Matt, I have forgotten how to dream.

By the way, the poster on the TIA front page, in the Lliorente thread, who called Rafa "a fat Spanish waiter" should be banned.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Depressing thing is if we are linked with a good player these days I either think theres no truth in it or we'll just balls up the transfer anyway, I have turned into the worlds biggest pessimist after the transfer window disaster!

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Wrong age for FSG though given the likely situation they may have to swallow it

but conversely we could be so low down in the table by then that no fucker of any real quality would touch us with a barge pole. Then we would really be paying the price for silly buggery last summer

If we somehow are in the top 6-8 by January and within a few points of the main top 4 bunch then it could be investigated, bottom half of the league and we may be asking Henry's mate Lerner if Darren Bent is available. At best

!DALGLISH!

Our owners wont be in for anyone of his calibre on that kind of wage.

We shop at Aldi these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.