• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

First Time Visit to Anfield/Liverpool

Barrellie

Hi guys new on here just wondering if you buy a hospitality tickets do you get points to help you on future bookings? As getting tickets nowadays is pretty much impossible so thinking about going down the expensive root to finally getting back to games

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member
Hi guys new on here just wondering if you buy a hospitality tickets do you get points to help you on future bookings? As getting tickets nowadays is pretty much impossible so thinking about going down the expensive root to finally getting back to games
Yes the hospitality tickets go on to your card history - then that "loyalty" is taken into account for the following season. I've got a couple of mates who have already bought 14 hospitality matches which then guarantees 17 out of 19 prem games next season.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
I know you still got me in the back of your mind Red_Jedi for 2 tickets vs Burnley in April ;).

Speaking of hospitality tickets, it looks like the website offers quite a bit. Has anyone sat in the main stand and the lower KG stand (block KG)? Positives/negatives for both viewing areas?

jaffod

I'd swerve the Sandon unless you're looking to get ripped off. Try the Flatiron a bit further up the road, one of the finest drinking establishments in the city.

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I know you still got me in the back of your mind Red_Jedi for 2 tickets vs Burnley in April ;).

Speaking of hospitality tickets, it looks like the website offers quite a bit. Has anyone sat in the main stand and the lower KG stand (block KG)? Positives/negatives for both viewing areas?
Unsold hospitality tickets are sometimes sold to members a few days before the game so I often end up in KG when I go. Pitch level right down by the corner flag. Good view of one goal, not so good of the other. When I went to the Newcastle game I was in a hospitality area in the opposite corner of the ground. Main Stand L10 down by the Kop. Similar view. Atmosphere is always OK at Anfield these days wherever you sit.

Main Stand is newer so the facilities are obviously better. More tv screens, more places to eat and drink,etc but the big difference between there and the Kenny is the seating. Loads more leg room in the Main Stand. You are squashed in like sardines on the other side of the ground. The best view is Main Stand upper. You can see both goals clearly, but if you go too far back, row 80 onwards then you can feel a bit too far from the action. Of the two I prefer the Kenny. It's more of an authentic Anfield experience but wherever you end up sitting will be absolutely fine.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
Thank you, Billy Briskix for the insight! Sitting down low kind of reminds me when I sit down low in the corner at hockey games, yeah you are closer, but you can't really see the action on the other end of the ice. So, for someone who really enjoys watching the game being played, I like to sit in the middle rows or upper level but first row.

Since I will more than likely only be going once in my life (hopefully not tho!), I wonder if I should sit in the KG stand (block KG) just to get the experience of sitting close to the field. Which team does their warm ups on that side, is it the visitors?

One last thing regarding the hospitality tickets, you don't get to choose the row/seat, right? You just for an example, buy a ticket in the Main Stand and once you get to the game, they tell you where you are sitting?

Thanks again all, all this information really helps!

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
Thank you, Billy Briskix for the insight! Sitting down low kind of reminds me when I sit down low in the corner at hockey games, yeah you are closer, but you can't really see the action on the other end of the ice. So, for someone who really enjoys watching the game being played, I like to sit in the middle rows or upper level but first row.

Since I will more than likely only be going once in my life (hopefully not tho!), I wonder if I should sit in the KG stand (block KG) just to get the experience of sitting close to the field. Which team does their warm ups on that side, is it the visitors?

One last thing regarding the hospitality tickets, you don't get to choose the row/seat, right? You just for an example, buy a ticket in the Main Stand and once you get to the game, they tell you where you are sitting?

Visiting team warms up at the Anfield Road End. I don't want to give the wrong impression about the view. You can clearly see the other goal. It's just a long way away.

I've never actually bought a hospitality package, just the seat in the ground that goes with ones that have not been sold, so I don't know how it works. @Red_Jedi is your best bet for info on them judging by his post further up this thread.

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
Ad-free Member

The different hospitality packages have different seats in different stands. If you want a particular seat, give them a call.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
I just noticed on the main website that the tickets to the Burnley game on 4/25th go on sale next week. The match ticket for people who recorded 13+ PL home games during 18/19 go on sale 11/19th and then "All Members" goes on sale 11/21st.

When the "All Members" tickets go on sale, are they pretty much already sold out? Also, is it a first come, first serve ordeal or do certain people get in que earlier?

Thanks!

Billy Biskix

TIA Youth Team
Ad-free Member
I just noticed on the main website that the tickets to the Burnley game on 4/25th go on sale next week. The match ticket for people who recorded 13+ PL home games during 18/19 go on sale 11/19th and then "All Members" goes on sale 11/21st.

When the "All Members" tickets go on sale, are they pretty much already sold out? Also, is it a first come, first serve ordeal or do certain people get in que earlier?

Thanks!
A certain number of seats are held back for the all members sale. They are sold on a first come first served basis, so if you are lucky enough to get straight in at 0815 then you will have your pick of the games. Whether you get in straight away depends entirely on luck. You will need to join the queue prior to 0815. Apparently it is completely random whether you get in first or not but it doesn't stop people queuing for hours on multiple browsers and on multiple devices.

The last time I got a seat through the bulk sales was about 2 years ago. Since then I've only ever been able to get them through the late sales two weeks or so before the game. Fell 2 short of the magic 13+ category last season as I got ill and couldn't go for a couple of months. Hoping for better luck this season although it is getting much harder to pick up tickets. Good luck.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
Yes, I am crossing my fingers and toes that somehow I get let in for the 8:15am sale. If not, I will resort to the hospitality package, which may not be the worst thing since this is our first trip to Anfield. But after looking at those match day ticket prices, WOW, so cheap to sit anywhere in the stadium compared to ticket prices for sports event here in the US.

Joe1972

Hi guys,
As a fan of 40 odd years (47 years old) I’m hoping to get to my first match ever this year!
I can be in Liverpool on the 30th for the Brighton game but can’t get a ticket. How realistic is it to get one now?
I’ve been to the city a couple of times but never had a chance to get to a game.
Here’s hoping,
Joe.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
A certain number of seats are held back for the all members sale. They are sold on a first come first served basis, so if you are lucky enough to get straight in at 0815 then you will have your pick of the games. Whether you get in straight away depends entirely on luck. You will need to join the queue prior to 0815. Apparently it is completely random whether you get in first or not but it doesn't stop people queuing for hours on multiple browsers and on multiple devices.

The last time I got a seat through the bulk sales was about 2 years ago. Since then I've only ever been able to get them through the late sales two weeks or so before the game. Fell 2 short of the magic 13+ category last season as I got ill and couldn't go for a couple of months. Hoping for better luck this season although it is getting much harder to pick up tickets. Good luck.
Yeah all three of mine last season were late sales, become all most impossible in the all members sale mind you happy to go once or twice knowing the club is doing so well.

Anyhow anyone know much about the tour, I’m up on a Thursday/Friday in Feb and because big ears is in town I wouldn’t mind doing it.

RFK86

Sorry to jump in guys.
I'm a Liverpudlian from Sydney (Australia). I will be visiting Anfield in January to watch the ManU games in the 19th. This will be my first visit to Anfield!
Ticket for this game is not open for general member and only open for supporters who have attended 13+ games last season. and I've tried to apply via the local supporter club in Sydney but it's unsuccessful. The hospitality tickets is also sold out!
I'm looking for someone eligible who can help me out to purchase a ticket for me during the ticket sale next week. It will just be one ticket for myself. Wondering that if there is someone here who can help? Cheers, Rifki

Eng Soon

I will be heading to anfield for the first time in my life this dec as well, all the way from Singapore! :) will be going to london for a few days, then liverpool, before heading back to Sg via london.

seriously cant wait to experience anfield as I have been supporting the club for the past 23 years. Though it is a noontime game (vs watford), i am sure i will be all up for the game and shouting at the top of my voice..:D

just wondering what time is best to arrive at anfield, as I took the crowne plaza hospitality package but dun mind arriving at anfield earlier if theres prematch carnival outside the stadium..:)

cynicaloldgit

Offside by an armpit
Ad-free Member
Welp, IT'S HAPPENING GUYS! I refreshed the hospitality tickets page and BAM, 1 package was available. The wife and I will be attending the Burnley home game, so if anyone wants to meet up before, let me know. Just being able to have a chance to buy tickets, best day ever.
Good to hear that you managed to get tickets- there’s nothing like your first Anfield match day experience. You can do the stadium tour and all that, but the match itself is unique.

My first trip to Anfield was many moons ago- I was only seven, so don’t remember it very well. I had my first “adult” (ie old enough to drink) trip when I was eighteen, the last season we won the league as it happens.

Funnily enough, I remember even less of that one.

T.C.B

Ad-free Member
Congrats! You’ll love it.

First thing is that the game could be moved to another day and time as tv schedules for April will come out around 6 weeks prior. However, it should be a day before or max 2 days after original date.

There’s loads to do in Liverpool - book a stadium tour, Beatles etc - you could spend a good few days and you won’t get bored.

In terms of around anfield, everyone has different preferences but I’m usually at a place called hotel Tia where Jamie Webster first properly started and still there 2 hours prior to kick off.

I also go to the kop bar (under the kop). Then make my way to the game.

I think there’s a section on anfield on main site, and also official site.

But send me a message closer to the time, and if I’m at the game will be happy to meet you.

Need to get @Scott Jones up this season!
Have the scars from the last time healed fully yet?