First Time Visit to Anfield/Liverpool

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
Well, I bought my train ticket from Euston to Liverpool Lime Street on Monday for $26 a person (thank god). I was going to purchase the return leg from Lime Street to Euston when I noticed the major price hike this morning. Like I said, it was about the same price, $26 a person from Lime Street to Euston yesterday. Those assholes! There's probably a 0% chance these drop on price, right? I just have to suck it up and pay it?

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Someone suggested trainpal to me as a site that you can break up a journey by buying local line tickets? Not used it but may be worth checking out. Would mean cheaper tickets, may even be on same trains.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
Well, I bought my train ticket from Euston to Liverpool Lime Street on Monday for $26 a person (thank god). I was going to purchase the return leg from Lime Street to Euston when I noticed the major price hike this morning. Like I said, it was about the same price, $26 a person from Lime Street to Euston yesterday. Those assholes! There's probably a 0% chance these drop on price, right? I just have to suck it up and pay it?
There shouldn't have been a price hike...depends whether you are traveling off-peak or not. The rates are pretty much standard. I work down in London quite often and book a couple of days in advance with no problem. I am down here this week and only booked a return on Saturday to travel on Monday morning and it was usual price. I think the train fares to London are pretty reasonable off peak

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I suppose you bought Advance and the tickets at a certain level ran out hence the increase in price.

If you ever want to do it really cheap look at the old London Midland, now London Western Railway, it’s not the best of services and does take time to get home but luckily every time I’ve got it Liverpool have won. It’s far cheaper than The quick service and if your doing London it’s change at Stafford. On a Sunday usually it’s Birmingham as I said it’s 3-4 hours but cheap, tend to do it when I get late availability tickets.

LuisSuarez

TIA Reserve Team
I ended up just buying the first class ticket from a website cynicaloldgit recommend for $75 a piece. Is anyone on here going to the Burnley game and would want to meet up before/after the game? I will even let you buy me the first few rounds!

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
Today would have been the day for the parade. During Christmas I was already thinking about booking the flights for this :(