Football Writer's Award: Hendo deservedly wins it!

vjcpatriot

Henderson is the consummate professional. His mentality is team first and he leads on the pitch with his action and he speaks splendidly on behalf of LFC in front of the press. I have no complaints at all with Henderson as our captain. Well said, and Congratulations on winning a well deserved award, Jordan! YNWA.

"Individual awards are nice and they are special and I will cherish this one. But an individual award without the collective achievement wouldn't mean anywhere as much to me -- if anything at all."

The Phenom

Potestatem obscuri lateris nescitis
No he didnt. It was Fulham who tried to make the Dempsey deal happen by asking for Hendo. Brendon didnt want to do that deal, but at that point didnt consider Hendo integral so took the offer to him to see if he wanted to go somewhere where he'd have more a guarantee of playing. Hendo said no and Brendon said good.
Thanks for setting the record straight.
I'm neutral on Brendan but it irks me on the amount of vitriol and hate going towards him.
He's not great, probably never will be, but the good he has done edged his negatives; like stumbling in the final stretch, in 2014 and now.
Maybe one day, like Hendo, he will rise above himself and be accorded more recognition.

The Phenom

Get in lad! Thoroughly deserved!!! A leader of champions and a champion of leaders. He's been nothing short of sensational, when he's on the pitch it feels like Klopp himself is out there directing traffic. Pep will be up all night crying on the coke conjuring up Liverpool conspiracies, wiping his tears with trying to inject dirty oil money into his veins to console himself.
:) :)

Quicksand

Looking for Clues...
Thanks for setting the record straight.
I'm neutral on Brendan but it irks me on the amount of vitriol and hate going towards him.
He's not great, probably never will be, but the good he has done edged his negatives; like stumbling in the final stretch, in 2014 and now.
Maybe one day, like Hendo, he will rise above himself and be accorded more recognition.
Hendo was suspended in the run in that season. And it made a difference at the time.

The Phenom

So who gave Hendo his Sunderland debut? Roy or Steve? Maybe both, from each's certain point of view. ;)
When a person hit the headlines strongly, sometimes there are multiple claimants for earlier credits. :D

Steve Bruce: "Watching what he’s done and achieved, and with those leadership skills he’s got, I’ll go with Jordan.”
“One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is seeing a young fella who you give a debut to or you buy and see them progress,” he continued.

cynicaloldgit

#MbappéonaBosman2022
Ad-free Member
So who gave Hendo his Sunderland debut? Roy or Steve? Maybe both, from each's certain point of view. ;)
When a person hit the headlines strongly, sometimes there are multiple claimants for earlier credits. :D

Steve Bruce: "Watching what he’s done and achieved, and with those leadership skills he’s got, I’ll go with Jordan.”
“One of the most enjoyable parts of the job is seeing a young fella who you give a debut to or you buy and see them progress,” he continued.
Debut was on 01/11/2008, so Keane it was.

Steve Bruce hasn’t just got a big fat head; he’s a big fat liar.

Limiescouse

He made his debut under Keane, but only played a handful of times and finished that season on loan. He came back for the start of the next season by which time Bruce was in charge and that was when he really established himself.

Regardless, one of my favourite Hendo stories is one Keane allegedly told Carra when he bought him. Keane had gone to watch the Sunderland reserves and watched them get thrashed by a side they should not have lost to. Keane viewed it as a group of players who already believed they'd made it and couldnt be arsed to work, so stormed into the changing room to let them all have it. He let them have it, telling them they were all shit and not one of them had what it took to make the first team. Hendo piped up to say he thinks he does, and Keane, taken back, agreed and subsequently gave him is debut. Years later he told Carra the story and said he was convinced he would be a success at Liverpool because that was representative of the way he approaches things.

The Phenom

He made his debut under Keane, but only played a handful of times and finished that season on loan. He came back for the start of the next season by which time Bruce was in charge and that was when he really established himself.

Regardless, one of my favourite Hendo stories is one Keane allegedly told Carra when he bought him. Keane had gone to watch the Sunderland reserves and watched them get thrashed by a side they should not have lost to. Keane viewed it as a group of players who already believed they'd made it and couldnt be arsed to work, so stormed into the changing room to let them all have it. He let them have it, telling them they were all shit and not one of them had what it took to make the first team. Hendo piped up to say he thinks he does, and Keane, taken back, agreed and subsequently gave him is debut. Years later he told Carra the story and said he was convinced he would be a success at Liverpool because that was representative of the way he approaches things.
Hmmmm, interesting. (y)

So Brucie gave Hendo a "re-debut". :unsure::)
His claim is half correct after all; from a certain point of view, that is. :ROFLMAO: