• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Friendly: Valerenga 1-4 Liverpool

tesh

TIA New Signing
Dynames said:
Am I the only one to think we played too many preseason games
Were we not involved in European qualifying games in previous years, thus seemingly (and accommodatingly) more friendlies during preseason this year?

jimmydestiny

In between the lines
I cant justify paying for that. i already fork out far to much for sky sports espn bt and setanta. If the misses knew how much id be shot haha

EdWood

TIA Youth Team
Dynames said:
Am I the only one to think we played too many preseason games
Think of it this way: The vast majority of the players have only played 45 mins per game, so that's hardly running them into the ground. BR isn't stupid. :)

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
Suarez might not play. Apparently did his ankle in during training according to BR.

lightdrizzle

TIA Reserve Team
Be interesting to see if we play some fringe players tomorrow, and save the likely Stoke line-up for Celtic at the weekend.

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Johnson Agger Suarez and Skrtel have stayed home due to injurys.So my team is

Mignolet

Kelly Wisdom Toure Enrique

Lucas
Gerrard Henderson
Coutinho
Borini Aspas

Sterling can come on when the other team gets tired with Allen also coming on for Gerro to give him a rest after his party and testimonial

Polito

Looking forward to this, good time aswell as for me. I hope to see More of Ibe for this one and Diego Costa in the crowd trying to shake hands with the supporters.

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
I'd expect quite a few changes in personnel for this one, with the starting XI probably back in action against Celtic in Dublin.

Especially so with (pointless) international fixtures up next week on Wednesday ...when many players, and for instance here the likes of Gerrard will be playing a semi-meaningless friendly against Scotland at Wembley ...all just about 60 hours prior to LFC 's new season opener on Saturday in the early kick-off. Thankfully, we don't have anyone in the Spanish squad ...for their trip to Ecuador ;-)

My guess at a line-up would be, with some second-half changes:

Mignolet
Kelly Toure Wisdom Enrique​
Allen
Henderson Luis Alberto
Ibe Borini Assaidi​

lancashirelad

He (BR) has a few injuries to deal with but at this stage of pre season we should be seeing more of what he thinks is his first team

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
malches said:
My arse he did....
Have the same feeling as well with sktrel. Johnson maybe believable and we know agger got hit on the knee so there is no point risking him.

Coates might even get a chance to impress now that we have a mini defense crisis.

Mignolet

Kelly wisdom coates Enrique

Lucas Gerrard
Ibe Alberto sterling
Borini.

gb1986

Looking forward to this, in the midst of all the Suarez stuff i just want to watch our boys play, i'm hoping Suarez actions will spur the lads on to stick together more and put 110% in through the season than get down about it all.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Looking forward to the match and will hopefully find a non English commentary stream to avoid the banal comments and the circus revolving around him that cannot be named!

Been impressed with our Belgian 'keeper thus far, and Ibe has been doing well. Hendo has shown up too, enjoy it when he scores! Courtinho has impressed too.

I predict Borini will deliver the goods this season - don't shout! He will! Sturridge still to return so we have reasons to be optimistic!

Rock n Roll and Lights Out dudes!

See you later!

http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/index.html

streams already up for tonight's match. Good selection.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
I might mute the commentary....

Shame as I enjoyed the first BT Sport game on Saturday felt quite fresh bar Owen.

Mind you if it's David James and Stevie Macca again then I might be able to bear it they seemed a couple of sane voices for once.

104TOSH

mystic, clown and philosopher
Can't abide most of the buffoons who offer their 'knowledge', however David James and Macca were OK, but Owen really did put me off; his voice alone sends me off to sleep!

So I will find a foreign commentary hopefully and learn a new language! The Chinese streams can be fun as they get quite excitable! Russian is OK, and even Spanish; just not the Brits!!!

Fussy? No, just want to enjoy my football without the banal intrusions!

Confirmed #LFC team to face Valerenga: Jones, Spearing, Wisdom, Coates, Flanagan, Henderson, Allen, Alberto, Downing, Ibe, Aspas

Think it will be something like:

Jones​
Flanagan Wisdom Coates Downing​
Hendo Spearing Allen​
Ibe Aspas Alberto​

Lucas

Very much a reserve team, although BR said quite a few players were only scheduled to play 45 minutes, so I expect to see quite a lot of changes at half time.

kingoftown

Really good aimer.
Thus begins the semi-annual shop window friendly against Valarenga.