• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Friendly: Valerenga 1-4 Liverpool

auzziez

LiVeRp0oL89 said:
It was actually Henderson's man.. Forgot its more convenient to blame the fringe players :rolleyes:
Just saw Flanno there. Sorry mate if I am wrong.

alphakilo said:
Was Hendo marking. Got beaten for pace and Flanno filled in.

But of course, it's the poor decision to not field our only fit commanding starting center back that is to blame.
That said, good stuff by Flanno to fill in there. Think our lads desperately need to hit the gym.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
What a through ball from Alberto, the boy looked good. Another Coutinho in the making?

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
2-1 tap in for Aspas, assist from downing, these dodgy group stage Europa outfits are generally his bag tbh

LiVeRp0oL89

That was clever from Aspas. His movement looks fantastic. Dummied the defender there :D

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Love the fact the team came in together - they look like a good unit this B Team

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
A bit disappointed at the lack of clinical by Aspas in first half. I means he still got the goal, but missed some 1-on-1. Hopefully the goal will boost his confidences up.

t34m43

lfc.eddie said:
Concede on set piece without any first team centre halves.
Eddie, I think we only have one CB I would trust to start in the first team week in week out, despite Toure impressing me.

auzziez

How many of you think its time Hendo retires from taking set pieces?

Urban Achiever

Aspas is a real player! I'm liking this dude!

His scoring must be some kind of record this pre-season :) whats it now... 85% of games he scores in or something...?
+ if he starts scoring on more of his chances he'll score 4 goals a'game.

It's like a DeLuxe version of Borini with that great movement.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
auzziez said:
How many of you think its time Hendo retires from taking set pieces?
Not really been watching but he takes a decent set piece doesn't he??

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Entertaining though flawed in places

Downing is usually good in these no pressure encounters, could have had a couple himself if it weren't for us running in to a keeper on form

Aspas gets in great positions, finishing erratic. May be why he's a 7m not a 17m signing but he's been good overall and throughout pre season. Might frustrate a bit if overused but looks decent value

Best goal was from Alberto, still see it being at least a year before he gets used to English football bit showed he has ability

Jack Pudding defence tbh, makeshift is charitable, but feel our CM area of Allen and Henderson while willing still lacks top quality

Should get more even with this shadow side, this lot are a cabbage patch outfit, albeit willing. Think we could do with one more attacking signing though for sure because Suarez we know the situation and Sturridge may not always be fit and Aspas will miss as much as he scores

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
What the fuck happened to Brendo's teeth? Hes like Donny's long lost Irish cousin!

auzziez

SoueysTash said:
Not really been watching but he takes a decent set piece doesn't he??
Did not enjoy him taking direct free kicks anytime.

auzziez

Btw lads, watched a good part of first half on FRSports. The links seem to have gone dead sometime before the halftime. Any other good links?!

Sorry if already posted.

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Wisdom plays the full game.

Mignolet​
Kelly Toure Wisdom Enrique​
Lucas Gerrard​
Sterling Coutinho Assaidi​
Borini​

auzziez

alphakilo said:
Wisdom plays the full game.

Mignolet
Kelly Toure Wisdom Enrique
Lucas Gerrard
Sterling Coutinho Assaidi
Borini
I'd love if you converted your textual representation to a visual one :p

Herb

Henderson is decent at taking set pieces from wide positions, but not great at shooting directly from them.

Was hoping Alberto would have got the whole game but oh well.

baxter

TIA Youth Team
Assaidi looks good again. Can't imagine what he is doing in training that makes him so lowly thought of/.

auzziez

auzziez said:
Btw lads, watched a good part of first half on FRSports. The links seem to have gone dead sometime before the halftime. Any other good links?!

Sorry if already posted.
Link 1 on FRSports is back