• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Friendly: Valerenga 1-4 Liverpool

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
3-1. Ball hits Kelly from a Toure flick on and dribbles in, decent corner from our Moroccan lord Lucan. Or was it Coutinho?

alphakilo

TIA Regular
So now we have another CB who can score headers from corners. (Toure hit the bar)

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Nice to see Kelly on the scoresheet even though it came off his shoulder....strikers finish

auzziez

Borini just gets +1 for his effort! Near miss from an impossible angle

Maulkin

LittleFinger
The hair does the trick for Martin Kelly, he looks comfortable defending and on the ball. May it long continue!

tesh

TIA New Signing
Owen was just saved by Borini hitting the bar!

was asked whether LS was disrespecting us with his behaviour...

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
Is Borini cursed or something? Just by sheer probability... some of his shots should go in.

kopite1982

Second half is poor! Much more fluidity, energy in first half with aspas, allen, ibe, alberto! Lucas has been poor, gerrard quiet, its asif they cant be bothered

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Borini today has been more unfortunate than bad today, probably one of his better run outs but...you just don't feel he's gonna score. Sadly I don't think it's going to be a case of one goes in then the rest follow situation. Just don't feel right I'm afraid

And these pre season teams this ear are outright cannon fodder. Be rather more difficult against PL defences to boot

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
Sterlings 3rd in pre season, more Coutinho class. 4-1. Nice back heeled assist from lord Lucan mind

alphakilo

TIA Regular
Brilliant link-up play by Assaidi this half. First that touch for Gerrard's miss, now the assist for Sterling.

t34m43

RichLFC said:
Borini today has been more unfortunate than bad today, probably one of his better run outs but...you just don't feel he's gonna score. Sadly I don't think it's going to be a case of one goes in then the rest follow situation. Just don't feel right I'm afraid

And these pre season teams this ear are outright cannon fodder. Be rather more difficult against PL defences to boot
He cannot buy a goal and unfortunately I do not think he will get the run in the team that he needs to get that first goal and maybe kick start his Liverpool career. I would have Apas ahead of him right now, maybe a right forward position, but that is not where he functions best.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Somehow...our second string played better....

Honestly, we really need a bit of clinical for both set of players, as lots of good chances were wasted. Defense was not so solid also.

And i'm not sure if we didn't bother to pressure in 2nd half, or simply there are not enough energy amongst Coutinho, Borini, Assaidin and Sterling.

Edit: i means it was generally positive, we won 4-1 afterall. But still got room for improvement :)

kwala

TIA Regular
Any highlights? Missed most of that! I am on holiday and highjacking internet in the arse end of nowhere proved unreliable!

LiVeRp0oL89

This team is promising, but it's crying out for a couple of quality signings to really make the season interesting.. especially if Suarez leaves. Job done anyways!