Fulham v Liverpool,Premier League.17,03,19, KO 14.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

sms1986

I almost feel sorry for Fulham - their next two matches are us and City.

International break coming up after this, Salah is getting a rest (as is Keita) so hopefully he can score a goal or three then have a nice break before coming back to score a load more. We seem to be gaining strength at just the right time, so hopefully we utterly thrash the shit out of them!

Alright Now

I was one goal off being correct in my previous pre match thread so i'm predicting we'll win 0-7 this time,Mane to play the magician again with another two possibly three goals,important we jump back in front of those citeh bastards and keep them 'honest' if that's possible. :cheers:
Another classy novella. Thank you for your effort and analysis.

sms1986

Can we forsee Ox on the bench or has his hamstring injury set him back?
It was a precaution more than anything, he was going to be subbed off at half time anyway. He seems to be on track for a return soon.

redalways

TIA Regular
Am I the only one wondering if we'll see surprise appearances from Moreno soon, especially with a mind on the quarterfinals?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
Was thinking if this would be a good opportunity to give Lovren his return, but not so sure. He'll play 1 of the two internationals anyway and Matip has had a run of games now. Perhaps best to keep it that way and see how Lovren is after the break, maybe more ready to come in and see if he can stay as starter. In midfield I'd go with Fabinho at the base. Gini & Lallana as the two advanced #8's. I assume Hendo will miss out, we'll see what that means for his England call up. I don't know who else gets a go, Shaqiri is not getting any minutes (a bit weird)... maybe Origi? I doubt it. Hopefully Naby is ready to return to the bench.

So (we'll still hear what Klopp says)...

Alisson
Trent Matip vDijk Robertson
Wijnaldum Fabinho Lallana
Salah Firmino Mane

Subs: Mignolet, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Shaqiri, Sturridge, Origi.​

LFCFFC

Given they thought it would be funny to take this piss out of us in their pre-match program, I think it'd be only fair if we do the same to them on the football field.

GermanRed

Think we will see Lallana and Shaqiri start - not sure how to fit them into a Starting11 together and who would get a rest.

Origi - also small chances of a start IMO

Lovren and Keita - not at 100%. Would be better to wait until after the international break.

Sturridge and Moreno - wouldn't even trust them against Fulham.

Red over the water

If we play at anything like our level it should be a comfortable win. However, I don’t want to assume anything, as Fulham are fighting for their lives and are at home. They will almost certainly go down, but with eight games to go they aren’t dead yet, so they might put up a bit of a fight.

If we have a post-Champions League hangover, and/or make too many changes, assuming the points are in the bag, we might invite an iffy result.

Hopefully Klopp will have them right at it again. If we have the right approach we can claim the three points and narrow the goal difference gap considerably. It would be nice for Mo to start scoring again after his drought. A hat-trick then a well earned break for him for the run-in.

6-0 to the mighty reds... but only if we apply ourselves.

Joely G

TIA New Signing
I'm going to be watching this game in the home stand as my father-in-law, a life long Fulham supporter, has got me a ticket. I will be sitting on my own though as wasn't easy to get seats. I'm hoping for an easy win that doesn't embarrass them too much. I really don't want one of those rollercoaster games we are so very good at, as I may struggle to keep my emotions to myself and I also don't want to feel too uncomfortable on the journey back with him. Feeling pretty sorry for him this season as they have been a difficult team to support, but on the other hand I'm also hugely excited as never seen our incredible team live.

Very British problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.