Fulham v Liverpool,Premier League.17,03,19, KO 14.15

Status
Not open for further replies.

redaderry

I'm going to be watching this game in the home stand as my father-in-law, a life long Fulham supporter, has got me a ticket. I will be sitting on my own though as wasn't easy to get seats. I'm hoping for an easy win that doesn't embarrass them too much. I really don't want one of those rollercoaster games we are so very good at, as I may struggle to keep my emotions to myself and I also don't want to feel too uncomfortable on the journey back with him. Feeling pretty sorry for him this season as they have been a difficult team to support, but on the other hand I'm also hugely excited as never seen our incredible team live.

Very British problems.
Rub it into him, as thick as you can, that's what it's all about lol

( ps hopefully)

BigJon

Fulham - former home to Brian May, Daniel Radcliffe and playwright John Osborne. The first Acacia, Mahogany and Maple trees in Britain were grown in Fulham during the reign of Elizabeth 1st.

In 1984 Britains first ever speed bump was installed on Linver Road Fulham.

Fulham FC are known as the Cottagers - not because they all hang around the mens urinal, but because of Craven Cottage - originally Anne Boleyns' hunting lodge close to the Thames.

There used to be a statue of Michael Jackson at the entrance to the ground - commissioned by Mohammad Al Fayed a friend of Jacksons - it was moved to the National Football museum in Manchester in 2014 and then removed from public display last week.

Hunting, Cottaging and Michael Jackson, are things you will hopefully not find at the game this weekend.

Smash the Bastards

Alisson
TAA Matip VVD Robertson
Milner Fabinho Wij
Salah Firmino Mane

4-0

sharkula

another match with an early kickoff time - the players will be fresh for the match , with confidence sky high , mane and firminho in hot streak scoring maniac mode , the central defence pair of matip and vvd understanding each other and getting better everyday , and shit opponents i can only see one outcome. a comprehensive victory for the team , 0-4 !

Retro Helix

Alisson
Trent Matip vDijk Robertson
Wijnaldum Fabinho Lallana
Shaqiri Firmino Mane

Bring on Salah around 60min to run rings around their tired defence and finish them off nicely.

GermanRed

Salah won't be with his national team during the break so i don't think he should be rested on sunday.

RodM

Banana skins? Shit smashing?

No I'll settle for 3 points. Am I right in thinking that we would go top with a game extra if we win? How long would City be playing catch-up for?

sms1986

Banana skins? Shit smashing?

No I'll settle for 3 points. Am I right in thinking that we would go top with a game extra if we win? How long would City be playing catch-up for?
We would go two points ahead with a win, they don't play in the league again until the 30th against Fulham.

redalways

TIA Regular
Klopp may go with Milner at Left back in the CL
He probably will, I think (at the risk of embarrassing myself with a factually incorrect statement again) the past few seasons have demonstrated that he views Milner as an integral part of his first choice, and will try to cram him into the team whenever possible... I'd like to think that 2016-17 saw us not purchase a new left back not because of giving Moreno another chance, or not finding the right replacement, but because he looked at the situation and thought he had a way to keep Milner on the field.

sms1986

Comments via EnriqueMuller on the Liverpool subreddit -

Klopp on Keita: "We will see if Naby is able to train later. After the international break Ox will be 100% fit."

Klopp says Henderson will miss Fulham and suggested he will miss England games due to ankle injury.

Klopp on beating Bayern: "This was from my point of view the most mature performance we've produced in European competition."

“People have said Bayern Munich are not what they were, but I would say all the credit goes to our boys.”

Klopp on Fulham: "I know what people expect. It's a very important game for us. Take our game v Fulham at home, we needed genius moments from Ali, Trent and Mo to win that one."

Klopp on belief: "We will stay focused. We weren't surprised that we could beat Bayern, we were really happy. Let's stay in the same mood - confident but aggressive, direct, all that stuff."

Klopp: "My job is to give us the best chance to be successful, I am not searching to be remembered in 50 years... I'm not interested in what people think of me, God will judge me one day”

“I just love what I do and that's all I need to be a happy person."

Klopp: "Being ahead of City when they have a game in hand is not too important, but we want to win our game on Sunday."

“City’s game in hand is against United and that’s not easy but we need to think about winning our games only.

“We haven’t struggled psychologically with them ahead of us or us ahead of them it’s just being really focused on the football game.

“Until the end of the season, let’s play football.”

"It's normal that you want to prove things.”

“But we don’t wake up in the morning and think we lost in these finals.”

“It’s not important but we try to use it in a positive way and it’s natural you want to make things better.”

“The experience we’ve had so far has helped us a lot, it helped us against Bayern.”

“The last five CL games we lost is because we didn’t defend like we wanted to but at Munich we did and from this basis you can win, it’s the experience from last year we get this and it has helped a lot.”

Klopp: "Everyone criticised Neuer but it was world class from Sadio."

"It's good we split the goals a little. Each goal we score brings us to these points.

"Mo is in outstanding shape. He did everything right [v Bayern except the goal].

"If Mane didn't score for 5-6 he wouldn't score that first goal, but it was so natural. World class."

Klopp on Matip: "From my side, he can't get more praise. He's an outstanding player."

Retro Helix

Salah won't be with his national team during the break so i don't think he should be rested on sunday.
I'm not suggesting that he should be rested. I'm saying throw a spanner in the works and do something different since our away form this year in the PL has seen us win only one game. Would be interesting to see him coming off the bench and tormenting a tired defence.

LeoT

There is no such thing as an easy game, thinking it may be easy is a recipe for disaster.
We need to start with a strong team, and not have an "After the Lord mayor's show" type game, and then join Spurs as the laughing-stocks of the league.
We need to take 3 points off these, and then hope that they take they're frustration out on ManC in their next game.

Allison
Trent - Matip - VvD - Robertson
Milner - Fabinho - Lallana
Salah - Firmino - Mane

Gini has looked jaded and worn out the last couple of games, so I would rest him.
I'd be happy with Keita or Lallana in mid-field

PeachesEnRegalia

No Offense, @Maria....
Does anyone here remember ‘Black Saturday’ when Kevin Keegan crashed the football commitment index by demanding one thousand percent effort from his players?

Only reported in the Viz.
Sandwiched in between that edition's Billy the Fish and Finbarr Saunders comics.

donks

TIA First Team
Let's be honest if we can't beat Fulham to go back top of the league we don't deserve to win the league. They can't defend and lack any real physicality. We should be beating these by 2/3 comfortably and maybe start thinking about goal difference and kicking on when we score.

Id expect Lallana or Shaqiri to come into the team as the only change

Red_Jedi

Anfield kick about
S
I was one goal off being correct in my previous pre match thread so i'm predicting we'll win 0-7 this time,Mane to play the magician again with another two possibly three goals,important we jump back in front of those citeh bastards and keep them 'honest' if that's possible. :cheers:
Steady.... if you are going to start writing long posts like these, then you are going to have to learn what paragraphs are..

I’m thinking 4-0, but 3 points is most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.