• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Gerrard Testimonial: Liverpool 2-0 Olympiacos

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Agreed, I really like the way this Aspas guy plays, he is so good.

Cortez

Isn't it, though?
I'm really enjoying this match. Some great movement against a good team.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I'm enjoying the match too, this is the first time I have seen Aspas properly as I have missed nearly all the pre-season games but hes looking good.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Cortez said:
I'm really enjoying this match. Some great movement against a good team.
I do think Olympiakos are playing terribly though.

Maria

Ad-free Member
RMP said:
I just love Sterling's enthusiasm
Me too, he seems so invigorated and rearing to go. He's incredibly fast in his sprinting.

tesh

TIA New Signing
shocking miss but what a ball by SG

Lucas is having a good game, as is Aspas, Sterling and Glenda

Maria

Ad-free Member
I so want stevie to score in his testimonial.

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Sterling is showing excellent vision a number of times now. Cross field oases, flicks and reverse balls. Impressed

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
Most surprised so far was Aspas and Allen.The first showed great touch while Allen made really good running when he's relieved from defensive duty

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
tesh said:
Agger seems to have had an average game so far.
He's not had to do any defending. Unless he scores in this I would expect him to be quiet in this kind of match, where I would expect Coutinho to shine.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
decent game, allen has been a bit of a let down, losing the ball in silly places and giving away too many fouls. Coutinho looks bright when he has got it and sterling has done very well. Aspas has been excellent he needs to keep that sort of performance up

Cortez

Isn't it, though?
Who's this new fella in white boots? New signings? Judging by his finishing so far, thing probably won't work out for him here.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
Seeing the footage of the hodge and houllier there... Is Kenny or rafa there?...

Tipping rafa, even if invited, would have been too busy studying a reserve fixture from the eastern third division Honduras league or something.....

Hinold_Arnold

TIA New Signing
Very promising performance in the first half, especially for Aspas. His movement and tactical awareness is just excellent.

RedSouthIndian

TIA Squad Member
I think the first half has been all Aspas & Sterling. I am dissapointed with Coutinho played out wide. Seems to have little to do. Stevie has bossed the midfield. Glen has had a decent game. Toure & Agger have had little to do. Allen the goal scorer has been all action with a goal to show.

wellred82

Wonder what sort of reception Suarez will get. Hope that article yesterday won't have stirred up anyone in the ground.

Verbal80

Allen has played well. Yeah he should have a hat trick but he's playing very well otherwise. Getting forward and linking up play. Aspas has shown very good movement. Overall quite happy. We've dominated and dealt with anything the opposition can throw at us

Keep it up

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
redbj said:
Seeing the footage of the hodge and houllier there... Is Kenny or rafa there?...
Tipping rafa, even if invited, would have been too busy studying a reserve fixture from the eastern third division Honduras league or something.....
Got a friendly against arsenal coming up just after this

Think olympiakos are a little overawed here. Could have been more clinical but a decent half of football

Also feel Allen may be instructed to find an extra string to his bow. Got a goal but may take a bit more practice

Aspas, not a 20 a season type but looks a useful squad man. Some nice turns and a good assist

Just hope downing doesn't obstruct sterlings development next year...he looks like the player we saw early last season

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
Aspas has created 3 chances already including an assist.

Allen's movement has been exceptional!

Good to see this!