• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Gerrard Testimonial: Liverpool 2-0 Olympiacos

MarkMcC

TIA Squad Member
Here I would very appreciative if any if the mire tech savy forumutes could make me gif if Aldo laughing at Fowler's "pace". Cracking! Lol

Uberkoen

TIA Reserve Team
oh wow. That was close!

Suarez waiting for Fowler to come up?

too much on that by Alberto

Jay Spearing on. Gerrard off.

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
good day..

if Suarez stays we will finish above Arsenal in the table this season.

wellred82

Ray Stubbs: "It's your day Steven"

Then fking let him do his lap of honor and stop sticking the mic in his face. He even asks him about Suarez and then says "It's your day".

twat

jabu

TIA New Signing
Uberkoen said:
A lot of competition in the midfield for us. We've got an amazing bunch of players competing for a few places. Lovely to see.
amazing the quality br has added in so short a time

steveee

TIA Reserve Team
Good to see Hendo in form along with a fit Allen and Lucas... this will make for a good start of the season for once. I think the momentum we had at the end of last season is still going into this pre season and hopefully we can finally get off to a good start to the season for the first time in forever.

Barnestormer

Left wing.
A very strange feel to the first half without Carra and Pepe present.

Aspas looks a player, Alberto looked lethargic. Coutinho Henderson Sterling all looked sharp.

Suarez had a terrible demeanor - dejected to be there?

Made up for Steven - the only one who comes close to Kenny, perhaps even surpasses him.

gingerbread

TIA Squad Member
I thought Aspas will just a decent squad player. But the way he played showed he could easily cement his first team when start to click in with Suarez and the rest.

Impressed with Allen movement, and then Hendo. the 3 positions in middle and out wide gonna be seriously contested

PS: Suarez probably could have scored, but he was too nice trying to wait for Fowler. Well he still have 5 more weeks than the rest of the team to get his sharpness back

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
The team look in good spirits and seem ready start the new season confidently. Even Suarez looked happy.
It was lovely seeing the Liverpool Greats in the crowd and that was a lovely suprise for Robbie to come on for the team.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Will this match be repeated on LFC tv channel 434 ?

captain chaos

TIA Youth Team
Suarez and Fowler
MMmmm. Now that wouldve been my perfect striker duo in an ideal world.

Fowlers legs have gone and his belly's getting into John Barnes territory, but the instinctive space/runs they both make/made was really nice to watch, looked a great duo.

Red Island

After that I,m sorry to say I think Fowler will be in one of Brendans envelopes this season.He has come back after the summer but he looks a bit overweight.He'll be shipped out if FSG see him. :(

slufsar

Best day to be a Liverpool supporter so far this summer. Can sense the optimism everywhere.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Stevie saying we're alot fitter now than at this time last year.Interesting, i have a feeling we're gonna have a flying start to the season.

ScouseConnor

SirBillShankly said:
Stevie saying we're alot fitter now than at this time last year.Interesting, i have a feeling we're gonna have a flying start to the season.
That's all that's needed, a perfect start so were not falling behind if we are in the run in for 4th place like we have been the past several seasons.

slufsar

In the past 3 seasons it has either been a good start with a woeful run in or a terrible start with a good run in. If we can get an entire season of quality rather than just half of it, we will have a good chance a top 4. Will be interesting to see if we actually can..

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Very happy with team perfoance but seriously the atmosphere is pathetic I know it's only a testimonial but come on lads.

Gerard looks ready to rock, was decent tempo for a friendly. Everyone seems to be getting their fitness levels to a high level. Impressed with aspas again.

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
ChicagoRed said:
My boy Allen is kicking ass and taking names this year.
Yeah, i think we will see the real Joe Allen this season. Injury-free= no excuses.

Just wondering; are we ever gonna concede a goal this pre-season??!! Loving all these clean sheets, long may it continue!