Goal of the Season

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by shankly96, Oct 14, 2016.

1. vjcpatriot

vjcpatriot Well-Known Member

I'm going to have to vote for Can's sensational bicycle kick vs Watford as the #1 goal of the season.

[​IMG]

It's not just how stunning and difficult that goal is, it's also because of the moment. It was the game-winner in a critical away match during the Run In with all stakes on the line. The physical feat itself is a marvel. Can is probably the LAST person I'd expect to see uncork a midair bicycle kick. And the placement was also superb. The keeper had no chance to stop that!

Henderson's screamer earlier in the season vs Chelsea is #2 for me. The placement was beautiful and the distance was astounding. He beat the Keeper who was at a full stretch!

But Can's goal is just on even another level even compared to Henderson's brilliant goal.

Livvy likes this.
  2. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Have we decided who wins the best goal of the season? There's this fella in youtube, call himself Boywunder had compiled this for all of us....

Here's the top 10 goals...

Here's the top 10 assists..

Magic

3. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

Wijnaldum made a lot more top class assists than I think I'd appreciated!

4. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

Yes, he has a good eye for through ball. Him and Coutinho playing in midfield, with Can anchoring sounds mouth watering to me. Only problem is, will we be willing to play Mane as a striker partnering whoever we bought or Firmino/Sturridge?

Anfield rd Dreamer likes this.
  5. Anfield rd Dreamer

Anfield rd Dreamer Well-Known Member

I actually think, for games when we struggle to breakdown the parked bus, Mane could maybe (maybe?!?!?) play the number 10 behind two (Firmino & Sturridge/new signing). Like the way Sterling played behind Suarez and Sturridge. Think for next season having multiple strings to our bow is essential. Different ways to play and break down different opposition. Suppose that's why it's great that so many of our players and targets are versatile. Can change formations and playing styles with a call from the bench or a sub.

6. Zoran

Zoran Fighting like beavers.

Nice for Can to get that award, but I'm not sure it would be my best goal of the season (speaking for the whole league). For a scissor kick, it's a bit special as he gets it from the side and even manages to put some swerve on it. However, I think I'd give it to Giroud.

Ataturk likes this.
  7. Ataturk

Ataturk ★★★★★

Really like Mané's vs Arsenal but of course it's Can's goal.

3. Henderson vs. Chelsea
    2. Mané vs. Arsenal
    1. Can vs. Watford