• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Harvey Elliott (RW/LW) Fulham FC

What will Harvey Elliot be leaning on?

• His mum

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Your mum

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Temporarily sated Twitter fans

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • GCSEs, cos it’s, like, important to have options

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • That table they always use, blank piece of paper.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Statue of Michael Jackson

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Grinning Klopp, hiding a pair of hair clippers

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • The net spend trophy

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OLDIE

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
Not sure if its true - The Empire of the Kop are running a story that says Harvey has signed - just saying

Dave-D

He’s supposedly not been registered by Fulham for the coming season so he’s definitely on the move just where to is the question

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Loads of rumours about Elliot on Twitter, although I gave up after seeing a disagreement about whether he was a right back or more like a left footed Salah.

Dave-D

Is it weird I'm quite excited about the prospect of this one? I'm all for bringing in talented 16/17/18 year olds to start pushing the senior players, and you have to have something about you to feature in the PL at that age
Especially since Parker had never been involved with him at any age level before taking him into the first team. He must’ve shown something when training with the first team

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
His departure (if it does end up happening) will cock up their plans, I think given he was tagged as their replacement for Sessegnon.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
His departure (if it does end up happening) will cock up their plans, I think given he was tagged as their replacement for Sessegnon.
He reminds me a bit of Harry Wilson at the same age.

Lynch04

Smeg Head
I do remember a young Irish player being signed, who was apparently being courted by team like Madrid, after googling it was Alex O’Hanlon.
The problem with young players is that they develop/mature at different rates. For example and @Sweeting might have more insight into this but two scenarios for us is Robinson/Flanagan and Wilson/kent. The former of two scenarios were considered the better prospect but the later seemed to kick on more in senior role. Infact, i seem to remember thinking what had happened to Wilson as he seemed to have been sucked into a black hole - but he had a great season in the youth team two seasons ago which inspired Derby to take a gamble on him and now he is being valued at £20m.
Iv seen enough young players not kick on for one reason or another, Wisdom, Rossiter, Ojo and Ibe to name a few. I am gutted Ibe has not progressed because he has great attributes and I worry Woodburn will follow suit.
What fills me with confidence (touchwood) is that we seem to be excelling in all areas as a club and most notably in out recruitment. Where as before we signed young players on a percentage basis it feels like we are actually targeting the best and going for quality rather than quantity.

Red over the water

Good luck to the lad, if confirmed he is signing. Good age. Learn our ways, learn from the best, both in terms of coaching and also the peers you will be up against. If he has enough about him he will come through. We might possibly see a League Cup cameo or something like that over the next year or so, but I wouldn’t imagine Harvey Elliott will be in the first team picture for at least 2-3 years, if he progresses well.

We have shown we are a club to bring the best young players through though. If Brewster makes a mark this season we will see even more of the best youngsters wanting a piece of the action at Liverpool.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
I do remember a young Irish player being signed, who was apparently being courted by team like Madrid, after googling it was Alex O’Hanlon.
The problem with young players is that they develop/mature at different rates. For example and @Sweeting might have more insight into this but two scenarios for us is Robinson/Flanagan and Wilson/kent. The former of two scenarios were considered the better prospect but the later seemed to kick on more in senior role. Infact, i seem to remember thinking what had happened to Wilson as he seemed to have been sucked into a black hole - but he had a great season in the youth team two seasons ago which inspired Derby to take a gamble on him and now he is being valued at £20m.
Iv seen enough young players not kick on for one reason or another, Wisdom, Rossiter, Ojo and Ibe to name a few. I am gutted Ibe has not progressed because he has great attributes and I worry Woodburn will follow suit.
What fills me with confidence (touchwood) is that we seem to be excelling in all areas as a club and most notably in out recruitment. Where as before we signed young players on a percentage basis it feels like we are actually targeting the best and going for quality rather than quantity.
I remember seeing Robinson come on at Emirates for the injured Aurelio. Me and the fans around me we thinking oh fuck Walcott v Robinson that’s that. But Robinson was superb. Matched Walcott for pace and never got beat once. Thought we had a superstar on our hands.
He was mostly utter rubbish in every game he played after. Shame.

Anyway. This one looks done. Seems that girl on Twitter was correct saying she knew him.

Status
Not open for further replies.