• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Harvey Elliott (RW/LW) Fulham FC

What will Harvey Elliot be leaning on?

• His mum

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Your mum

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Temporarily sated Twitter fans

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • GCSEs, cos it’s, like, important to have options

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • That table they always use, blank piece of paper.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Statue of Michael Jackson

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Grinning Klopp, hiding a pair of hair clippers

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • The net spend trophy

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nikz200

I think Wilson’s days are numbered. I think he has had a great year at Derby. One which has added value to his price. I think his possible price may be too go to let go. 20 million in the coffers next to Ings and others. It all adds up.
This kid is not even close to touching the first team, whereas Wilson might be given the chance given that Mane, salad and firMino are probably going to be rested extensively so they might miss out on the community shield , super cup and pre season games. We need Wilson to stay , especially also since i doubt the club will be buying anyone for the front positions.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
This kid is not even close to touching the first team, whereas Wilson might be given the chance given that Mane, salad and firMino are probably going to be rested extensively so they might miss out on the community shield , super cup and pre season games. We need Wilson to stay , especially also since i doubt the club will be buying anyone for the front positions.
He should only be staying if the club think he is good enough - we wait to see.

SithBaare

From Doubters to Believers
Been reading through threads at friends of fulham. Basically he's supposedly an inverted winger. No match footage of him except the few already posted. They're a bit sore that he's leaving them refusing to sign a contract and rightly so imo. But there's not really much info on his footballing style.

Liverpool scouts would know a lot more than us though.

GermanRed

from doubters to believers to sky-high achievers
If something happens to one of our Front three the options would be

1) Shaqiri or Origi
2) Shaqiri or Origi
3) Ox
4) Lallana
5) Brewster

A lot would have to happen for Wilson to get into the team. He would spend 90% of the season with the U23s and that would be a huge step back for him. Selling him for +25m is a no-brainer.

Wilson is still young but time is almost up for him.

Kopstar

★★★★★★

1) Shaqiri or Origi
2) Shaqiri or Origi
3) Ox
4) Lallana
5) Brewster

A lot would have to happen for Wilson to get into the team. He would spend 90% of the season with the U23s and that would be a huge step back for him. Selling him for +25m is a no-brainer.

No way is Brewster behind AOC and Lallana for a place in the front three.

Hope in your heart

Loyalty and patience, two undervalued concepts.
Admin
Bringing in Elliott could mean the end for Harry Wilson - anyone thought about that?
I think Wilson’s days are numbered. I think he has had a great year at Derby. One which has added value to his price. I think his possible price may be too go to let go. 20 million in the coffers next to Ings and others. It all adds up.
Wilson is 22 and nearing the age and kind of experience which could allow him to have an impact on the first team. The other one is 16 and brought in for the long-term future.

There is absolutely no point comparing the position of these two in the squad.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member

1) Shaqiri or Origi
2) Shaqiri or Origi
3) Ox
4) Lallana
5) Brewster

It's not a front three though is it? Its 3 separate positions. The starters can move around some but the cover players can't all play every position. On the left Wilson, Origi and maybe Brewster would be the only options backing up Mane.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
It's not a front three though is it? Its 3 separate positions. The starters can move around some but the cover players can't all play every position. On the left Wilson, Origi and maybe Brewster would be the only options backing up Mane.
Well, Klopp is fairly practical. We may see more frequent changes in shape to accomodate any lack of direct player for player cover, or more frequent substitutions/rotation to keep legs that little bit more fresher.

Gazmaninaus

Wilson is 22 and nearing the age and kind of experience which could allow him to have an impact on the first team. The other one is 16 and brought in for the long-term future.

I wasn’t comparing anyone. I was commenting on what I see as a saleable asset. Which I still think he is by virtue of last seasons performances.

RobLFC

So this is basically every televised touch he's had! I know we like getting excited about a new signing, but it really didn't show anything that made me think he's anything special. You could probably put together a similar compilation for most of the kids in our academy from U23/U18 games. BUT... luckily Klopp, Edwards and co. might, just might, watch the player a bit more than what's available on TV/that YouTube clip so I'll trust their judgement that he's got something about him.

These - if Fulham fans are upset he's leaving, he's already made his PL debut, and Klopp wants to buy him then he must have something about him and pretty decent prospects. But I would expect that Curtis Jones or Harry Wilson would have made their debut if they'd been available for Fulham and both of those are going to be closer to the first team this season than Elliot.

waldaz

TIA Youth Team
One of those for the future or sell for a profit buys, how much are paying though?

Red over the water

I'm not sure about Harry Wilson. Good player, definitely, but good enough for our first team? I'm not sure about the pace. Obviously Jurgen and his coaches will have a keen eye, but my best guess is Wilson will be sold for about 20M. I guess we will know more this summer. Hopefully I will get a look at him when the reds roll up to the midwest and play at Notre Dame on July 19th. Maybe he will do enough to convince Jurgen, but I think our wide forwards need more pace than Wilson possesses.

Harvey Elliott has a few years before he reaches the same sort of decision point with us as Wilson. He might burst through and make an irresistible case for himself. Or he might end up going out on loan at some point himself, in order to get valuable playing time. He has plenty of time, and so do we, to see what's what.

If Fulham fans are upset about losing him, that's a good sign. But they have to be fair. They almost cheated us out of cash plus Henderson, in exchange for Dempsey. It has been a few years since that happened, but they should consider this payback!

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I'm not sure about Harry Wilson. Good player, definitely, but good enough for our first team? I'm not sure about the pace. Obviously Jurgen and his coaches will have a keen eye, but my best guess is Wilson will be sold for about 20M. I guess we will know more this summer. Hopefully I will get a look at him when the reds roll up to the midwest and play at Notre Dame on July 19th. Maybe he will do enough to convince Jurgen, but I think our wide forwards need more pace than Wilson possesses.

Harvey Elliott has a few years before he reaches the same sort of decision point with us as Wilson. He might burst through and make an irresistible case for himself. Or he might end up going out on loan at some point himself, in order to get valuable playing time. He has plenty of time, and so do we, to see what's what.

If Fulham fans are upset about losing him, that's a good sign. But they have to be fair. They almost cheated us out of cash plus Henderson, in exchange for Dempsey. It has been a few years since that happened, but they should consider this payback!
No they didn't, that's all on Brendan.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Welcome to LFC Harvey Elliot. I hope you have a happy and successful career at Anfield.

I hadn't heard of him until Liverpool bought him.

The Infamous

I follow a page in Instagram that has their eye on a lot of youngsters I think they are called @risingballers they have been showing unreal clips of him for atleast a year and he was 15 then. Playing reserve football I believe which is a generational talent thing. Think he is in fact due to his stature in the game and physically at a more advanced stage than Sterling was when we signed him aged 14. Plus football has developed so much since then players make debuts way younger than a Raheem was. I can see him if he trains well and impresses Klopp him possibly being a squad player by the end of this season. This is a major coup and one we should be very excited about. Also saw a few clips on that same Insta page we have lost a kid to Derby County and he is a England under 15 international who is highly rated. Wonder if anyone watches the under 17-18’s that could elaborate if it is a huge loss like they say it is or if we are stocked at Center midfield because he looked like a potential Delle Alli.

The Infamous

I think this slightly falsely labelled. The implication of the article from the Echo is that he will train at Melwood instead of in Kirkby - but he will still start as an U23 player.
Which is how it should be. Like Hoever and Curtis Jones were last season they were training with the first team but were mainly playing u23 football with them joining the EFL I can see him being coached and re-educated into the Liverpool way and him possibly breaking through by the end of the season if he explodes through the scene OR just carefully honed for the future. Either way there is no use signing him because I’m sure he left fulham to develop and play with superior players at a high level. If we signed him for the under 18’s after all this fan fare around him I’m sure he would rather have stayed at Fulham.

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Which is how it should be. Like Hoever and Curtis Jones were last season they were training with the first team but were mainly playing u23 football with them joining the EFL I can see him being coached and re-educated into the Liverpool way and him possibly breaking through by the end of the season if he explodes through the scene OR just carefully honed for the future. Either way there is no use signing him because I’m sure he left fulham to develop and play with superior players at a high level. If we signed him for the under 18’s after all this fan fare around him I’m sure he would rather have stayed at Fulham.
Depends on his priorities I suppose. If he wants to play regularly in the championship then he should have stayed at Fulham.

If he wants to play for the club he supports, be developed by one of the best coaches in the world, and have the opportunity to maybe one day playing alongside some of the best players in the world and hopefully being a part of a team that can compete for silverware, then he'd rather not have stayed at Fulham.

If he has the right people round him, giving him the right advice then it will all be discussed before he puts pen to paper.

JMac8

I watched a few Derby games. He has a great delivery but doesn’t seem to influence games much beyond that. Mason Mount is a level above. I hope Wilson has a great career but I don’t think it’ll be for us

The Infamous

I watched a few Derby games. He has a great delivery but doesn’t seem to influence games much beyond that. Mason Mount is a level above. I hope Wilson has a great career but I don’t think it’ll be for us
I haven’t seen Wilson at youth level last time I watched the youth team was Suso and Sterling era. Wilson from the derby games I have seen has easily been better than Mount who is a bootleg Wilshere. The set pieces and the spatial awareness of Wilson much like Sterling with the off the ball runs he should fit right in with our team. I’m not his biggest fan either. But to say mason mount is better than a certified wales international who has always scored goals since a kid.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Who is FalseFMatt? Iv seen an awful lot of people posting his twitter posts. Is he reliable or just a clever poster by not actually putting his neck on the line. From my memory alot of his posts are realistic or quoting other sources rather than providing ITK info.
He's just summarising the Echo article and there is no such thing as an ITK.

Dave-D

From what I seen of Wilson he looked the better player than Mount. Yes he drifted in and out of games but he was there at the important times either scoring or assisting. He played very well at old toilet with a stadium full of Mancs on his back from start to finish. I’d have no problem with him being part of the first team squad this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.