• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Harvey Elliott (RW/LW) Fulham FC

What will Harvey Elliot be leaning on?

• His mum

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Your mum

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Temporarily sated Twitter fans

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • GCSEs, cos it’s, like, important to have options

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • That table they always use, blank piece of paper.

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Statue of Michael Jackson

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Grinning Klopp, hiding a pair of hair clippers

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • The net spend trophy

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Walshy07

In Klopp we trust
Ad-free Member
Who is FalseFMatt? Iv seen an awful lot of people posting his twitter posts. Is he reliable or just a clever poster by not actually putting his neck on the line. From my memory alot of his posts are realistic or quoting other sources rather than providing ITK info.
I think he is just someone who re-posts every bit if Lfc info/gossip out there. He doesn’t claim to know anything.

Jaytinho

I think with this kid, the vibe seems to be that he is a once in a lifetime talent. I remember reading quotes recently by Tom Cairney about how he is ruining senior players in training lol So I understand the Harry Wilson concerns. These days with teenage players, if you got it, that special something, the door is always opened for first team opportunities. Particularly under a manager like Klopp

Iluvatar

Allez (x6)
Ad-free Member
I haven’t seen Wilson at youth level last time I watched the youth team was Suso and Sterling era. Wilson from the derby games I have seen has easily been better than Mount who is a bootleg Wilshere. The set pieces and the spatial awareness of Wilson much like Sterling with the off the ball runs he should fit right in with our team. I’m not his biggest fan either. But to say mason mount is better than a certified wales international who has always scored goals since a kid.
Wilson was killing it at youth level, maybe not at the levels of Sterling but Wilson and Kent destroyed most teams for fun.

If he doesn't make it here he will at least make it to mid-prem level I think.

A lot is said about him drifting in and out of games at Derby but I think thats unfair because Lampard had a pretty negative impact on creativity (compare their XG+A v's 18/19 and 17/18 for example) - How he got to be Chelsea manager is beyond me.

JMac8

I haven’t seen Wilson at youth level last time I watched the youth team was Suso and Sterling era. Wilson from the derby games I have seen has easily been better than Mount who is a bootleg Wilshere. The set pieces and the spatial awareness of Wilson much like Sterling with the off the ball runs he should fit right in with our team. I’m not his biggest fan either. But to say mason mount is better than a certified wales international who has always scored goals since a kid.
Just an observation. Could be wrong. Hopefully Harvey is better than both!

Wilson was killing it at youth level, maybe not at the levels of Sterling but Wilson and Kent destroyed most teams for fun.

If he doesn't make it here he will at least make it to mid-prem level I think.

A lot is said about him drifting in and out of games at Derby but I think thats unfair because Lampard had a pretty negative impact on creativity (compare their XG+A v's 18/19 and 17/18 for example) - How he got to be Chelsea manager is beyond me.
Good point re Lampard’s impact. Thought he was pretty pathetic at Derby, especially how he celebrated the playoff semi that was essentially meaningless. Chelsea making emotional decision, like united with Ole. While we have Jurgen :celebrating:

nikz200

If he is only signing his pro contract on April of next year , is he under a academy deal and can he feature in senior games and training under the academy deal?

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
If he is only signing his pro contract on April of next year , is he under a academy deal and can he feature in senior games and training under the academy deal?
Yeah he'll be on a scholarship contract till he turns 17 then he's eligible to sign pro c contract.
Yeah he can train and play with seniors.

brush85

He featured in a Fulham senior game...he can play in a senior game for us, if good enough. The only thing he wouldnt be, is a professional.

Rooney was playing at sixteen and then signed his pro deal in the october when he turned 17. For example.

Red over the water

Is there any vulnerability on our side before he turns 17 and can sign a professional contract? Could someone else nip in there between now and then and take him from us? There’s some very big names who were interested, so I just want to know if anyone will be able to get in his ear before he signs his first pro deal?

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Is there any vulnerability on our side before he turns 17 and can sign a professional contract? Could someone else nip in there between now and then and take him from us? There’s some very big names who were interested, so I just want to know if anyone will be able to get in his ear before he signs his first pro deal?
I would guess nothing is set in stone. However he is a Liverpool fan and he will join us presumably having had a discussion about his career path here. As long as the club are matching it from their end I don't see why he would leave unless he gets offered a bigger wage; if that is all he is interested in then we're probably better off without him.

I don't see anything but him signing his professional contract with us next year. Beyond that, who knows.

Last edited:

brush85

They are already in his ear, thats how he is ending up with us. Its no different to how we got Brewster...or Sterling.

Of course, he could hate everyone at the club and go elsewhere but that happens...rarely if ever.

Red over the water

So from the sounds of it, he's coming, indeed he is here, but there is a gap before he signs his first professional contract as he's not 17 yet, and conceivably it could be vulnerable for us during that gap? But in all likelihood he won't look elsewhere, because he's a fan and has already made his choice to come here? But if he does go before he signs his first professional contract, it's because someone is offering him more money, and at that point we don't want him anyway?

Something like that?

My old gran used to say "Many a slip twixt cup and lip." I prefer things to be locked down contractually, especially in the murky world of football!

Kopstar

★★★★★★
It's slightly complicated for someone of his age because the compensation payable depends upon the basis upon which he is being signed by Liverpool. In terms of his status between signing youth forms and signing his first professional contract the regulations, in theory, protect the club against attempts to unsettle him (tapping up). The problem is invariably proof but the sanctions can be quite severe (just see the penalties we and City have been hit with domestically, and Chelsea internationally) so are relatively effective as a deterrent.

Dutch

Ad-free Member
Have not seen a lean, what is the holdup?

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Have not seen a lean, what is the holdup?
We're insisting on at least a grade 5 in each of English and Maths. Only trouble is, the GSCE results are released two weeks after the transfer window closes so we're insisting that any fee agreed in compensation either waits until after his results are known or Fulham agree to accept that £250k is payable only if achieves grade 5s.

Status
Not open for further replies.