• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Iago Aspas (Fwd) Celta Vigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

rupzzz

TIA Regular
Zoran said:
Zaf looks like he had a nice weekend in Ibiza.
I presume you're referring to the fact that he looks like he's been cocktailing drugs all weekend and is a space cadet rather than just being a bit more tanned than usual. He looks fucked.

mattyhurst

TIA Regular
Never Say Never said:
He sure has had a lot of medicals with us. . .
I thought he signed 4 weeks ago, mind you Pepe Reina and his wife have been saying goodbye for at least 2 months, I heard their friends are pissed off with them.

Bleech

TIA Reserve Team
We need to keep a track of these ITKs... So many of them predicted this medical every day for a week to get kudos and failed. That Anfield Mole looks like a class A idiot. Who actually predicted this transfer? Was it Balague?

Reactions: TFC

Lucas

Is it just me or does Aspas look like Ian Ayre's lovechild in the picture?

Zoran

Fighting like beavers.
rupzzz said:
I presume you're referring to the fact that he looks like he's been cocktailing drugs all weekend and is a space cadet rather than just being a bit more tanned than usual. He looks fucked.
Yes, exactly. lol

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
leopoldfrank said:
We need to keep a track of these ITKs... So many of them predicted this medical every day for a week to get kudos and failed. That Anfield Mole looks like a class A idiot. Who actually predicted this transfer? Was it Balague?
I'd pretty much only class the journos as "ITK" on twitter - certainly from my experiences of it anyway

I imagine most of the so called ITKs have no jobs, girlfriends or friends and as a result troll football fans with a keyboard in one hand and a box of tissues to wipe their tears of joy when someone re-tweets them

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Won't believe it until I see Iqbal caressing his topless body with a massive grin on his face, on the offical site.

POBox

TIA Reserve Team
Alright, silly question time. How to pronounce his name?

darren kelly

"Luisito Estamos Con Vos"
Welcome Aspas
Where the media are spas.
Please do not get a Asbo
And be a good pro.
Maybe play better than average Joe.Just give it a go.

Julekalender

Looks like both of them just pulled an all-nighter to be honest. By the way, checking both of Michu and Aspas wikipedia pages, it seems that they have played together quite a bit, bot in Celta B and Celta. It is worth noting that Michu didn't score a lot of goals at Celta, in fact, their stats aren't all that different there. However, Michu transfered to Rayo Vallecano and scored 15 in 37, after having scored only 14 in 101(!!) apps for Celta Vigo. Rayo Vallecano is a considerably stronger team than Celta.

lougehrig

TIA Youth Team
So will he have Iago Aspas or just Aspas on his shirt?

BTW, not a fan of the skinny jeans (shown on other sites).

TFC

TIA Squad Member
lougehrig said:
BTW, not a fan of the skinny jeans (shown on other sites).
Its bad enough that we care so much about what players wear on the pitch, but off the pitch? Honestly, who gives a damn. He can walk around in nothing but a thong on his own time, as long as he can play quality football.

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
I keep logging on hoping to see the Welcome thread for Aspas, and getting disappointed :(

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Hope in your heart said:
The bbc reports the move, so this is a 100% now, unless he fails his medical, which is unlikely.

Possibly a good move for adding depth and competition within the squad. It's a long time ago that we didn't sign a player from Northern Spain, the last was one of our greatest successes in the last couple of decennies, so hopefully he can emulate that brillant example.

Laudrup wanted him as well, so it's probably a sign that he has the potential to cut it in the PL. I for one rate Laudrup's ability to spot a talent very highly, so to me, this is a genuine endorsement of the player's quality.

Iago seems to be an agressive lad in the good sense of the term, very confident and versatile as well. In two words, very useful.

Still, it will be a huge step up for him, in a new country, a new league and a new environment, so let's support the lad, and make himself feel at home here.
I think this was rumoured to be the reason Laudrup had a minor falling out with his boss, he had highlighted him as the player he wanted most of all and was unhappy that the Swansea chief wouldnt try to match our offer.

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Prolix said:
One thing I'll say is that I love how Zaf Iqbal has basically become a cult hero for LFC supporters. lol
Those posters who complain about us discussing wages, fees and contract lengths over the ability of players, i wonder what they think when we discuss the medical staff instead of the.....ability of the players lol

redfanman

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
Nikola13 said:
This reminds me of Rafa's purchases of Luis Garcia and Albert Riera. 5 to 10 million pounds bracket for squad depth and hope for the best. Aspas is said to have an unrelenting personality, which is what we need. I hope this will turn out to be a good transfer both parties.
Now would be a good time for us to shop in Spain because many of the players we may target will have grown up with our previous spanish players under Rafa being their idols....i thought i had heard that Alberto or Aspas had mentioned Garcia as being one of their heroes when younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.