• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Iago Aspas (Fwd) Celta Vigo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
18,502
redfanman said:
Now would be a good time for us to shop in Spain because many of the players we may target will have grown up with our previous spanish players under Rafa being their idols....i thought i had heard that Alberto or Aspas had mentioned Garcia as being one of their heroes when younger.
From what my sources tell me, their favourite player is Jose Enrique and they can't wait to link up with him!
 


Cortez

Isn't it, though?
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
915
jabu said:
Thats NASTY CORTEZ!!!
It's not. It's very sanitary. We wouldn't want him playing 'pop goes the weasel' without washing his hands afterwards.
 

jabu

TIA New Signing
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
5,012
Cortez said:
It's not. It's very sanitary. We wouldn't want him playing 'pop goes the weasel' without washing his hands afterwards.
oh shit!!!
 

Chewbazza

True Believer
Ad-free Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,084
redfanman said:
Those posters who complain about us discussing wages, fees and contract lengths over the ability of players, i wonder what they think when we discuss the medical staff instead of the.....ability of the players lol
Being one of 'those posters' I can categorically say I am all in favour of the Zaf discussions. I would personally be interested in a Zaf segment on LFC tv channel where he gives us the inside scoop from medicals past and present.

 



Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Joined
May 24, 2007
Messages
21,398
Chewbazza said:
Being one of 'those posters' I can categorically say I am all in favour of the Zaf discussions. I would personally be interested in a Zaf segment on LFC tv channel where he gives us the inside scoop from medicals past and present.
So. Aquilani. What happened?
 

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Joined
Oct 23, 2010
Messages
8,816
Cortez said:
He even washes the brown from his fingers afterwards.
i don't want this to seem like I'm spoiling for a fight, but when I saw the above I did wonder if you were referring to his skin colour or any fecal matter that may be on his fingers. If it's his skin colour then I would think there are quite a few people here who might find that offensive.
 



gr_sounder

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2010
Messages
2,494
legalalien said:
i don't want this to seem like I'm spoiling for a fight, but when I saw the above I did wonder if you were referring to his skin colour or any fecal matter that may be on his fingers. If it's his skin colour then I would think there are quite a few people here who might find that offensive.
Oh my gosh... context folks.
I hope you're kidding, because thinking that maybe that was a racial comment is precisely the reason Suarez got into trouble with Evra. It's taking something the worst possible way it could be interpreted and obviously not what the poster was trying to convey. Seriously... look at the context and what led up to the comment. Is there really a strong possibility that it was anything other than a proctology exam joke?
 

Cortez

Isn't it, though?
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
915
Nah, I'm trying to be racist. Nothing to do with a doctor putting his finger up your bum. I'm saying that he should wash his skin colour away.

But only from his finger. I want a brown doctor with a white finger. I'm a very specific type of racist. It's all about the fingers for me.
 

Cortez

Isn't it, though?
Joined
Sep 6, 2011
Messages
915
MarkMcC said:
Fucking fingerist...you bring shame on us all
It's a throwback from Michael Jackson's early years when he had black skin and wore a white glove.
 



Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
23,166
Cortez said:
Nah, I'm trying to be racist. Nothing to do with a doctor putting his finger up your bum. I'm saying that he should wash his skin colour away.

But only from his finger. I want a brown doctor with a white finger. I'm a very specific type of racist. It's all about the fingers for me.
I just spat tea all over my screen, you git lol
 

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Joined
Aug 26, 2011
Messages
2,314
legalalien said:
i don't want this to seem like I'm spoiling for a fight, but when I saw the above I did wonder if you were referring to his skin colour or any fecal matter that may be on his fingers. If it's his skin colour then I would think there are quite a few people here who might find that offensive.
Hardly a racial joke mate, jesus. Medical ? Rubber Glove?

MarkMcC said:
Fucking fingerist...you bring shame on us all
No shame !! Fingering his way through the first team
 



Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
Joined
May 17, 2007
Messages
18,502
Hey, let's continue discussing Iago Aspas in Iago Aspas thread, folks, shall we?

So, Neil Jones has just confirmed that only paperwork remains.
 

jabu

TIA New Signing
Joined
Jul 4, 2009
Messages
5,012
Cortez said:
Nah, I'm trying to be racist. Nothing to do with a doctor putting his finger up your bum. I'm saying that he should wash his skin colour away.

But only from his finger. I want a brown doctor with a white finger. I'm a very specific type of racist. It's all about the fingers for me.
u sir, are a riot!!
 

ptt

2020, head of the table.
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
14,744
Talksports's Spanish guy was talking about him earlier. Blessed with supreme tallent but lacking a bit in guidance, nouse and experience. He refered to his linking up with BR as a "match made in heaven"

:)
 

rab

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2010
Messages
3,273
So assuming this is all but done bar the cheesey photos what position do we think he'll play? Watching that YouTube video above suggests he plays mainly through the middle or cutting in from the right on his left foot.

With Sturridge, Suarez and Borini all preferring a central role do we thinks Aspas will be played in a wider role. Is this the end for Stewart Downing as a guaranteed starter or is Aspas more likely to be seen as a versatile bench option?

I'm excited about this guy, mainly because he's got a bit of fire about him that we've missed since Bellamy left.
 



Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
23,166
From Twitter thread:

LFC7NH, on 12 Jun 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:
LiverpoolFC News ‏@LFCTransferNRS 2h
Reports in Spain that Iago Aspas has asked for the number 9 shirt as he fancies replicating Fernando Torres' success at Liverpool.


... but hopefully not Carroll's or Diouf's!
 

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Moderator
Joined
Aug 13, 2008
Messages
23,956
rab said:
So assuming this is all but done bar the cheesey photos what position do we think he'll play? Watching that YouTube video above suggests he plays mainly through the middle or cutting in from the right on his left foot.

With Sturridge, Suarez and Borini all preferring a central role do we thinks Aspas will be played in a wider role. Is this the end for Stewart Downing as a guaranteed starter or is Aspas more likely to be seen as a versatile bench option?

I'm excited about this guy, mainly because he's got a bit of fire about him that we've missed since Bellamy left.
At the bare minimum, I think he puts a lot of pressure on Downing, while also providing some depth up front.
 

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
Ad-free Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
23,166
Arminius said:
At the bare minimum, I think he puts a lot of pressure on Downing, while also providing some depth up front.
Yeah, this. I guess Sturridge's fitness at the start of the season (though I notice the verdict now seems to be he'll be available for most of preseason) will also be a factor in where he plays to begin with.

But as the season goes on, I think he'll end up first-choice in what was Downing's regular position in the second half of last season (ie not during the left-back experiment).
 

Anfield rd Dreamer

Well-Known Member
Ad-free Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2012
Messages
11,523
Really like the look of him and reports on his personality/attitude but not going to expect much more than a good squad option for now.

Aspas for option at CF and RF and Borini for CF and LF gives good depth and options off the bench for like for like changes or tactical tweeks and formation changes when games are running against us, especially as both would seemingly run themselves into the ground every second they are on the pitch and work their arses off.
 

kwala

TIA Regular
Joined
Jun 19, 2007
Messages
5,148
What is the hold up? Is he to be a January signing? Good job we started in june then.........
 



Status
Not open for further replies.