• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

IN Match: Liverpool v Man Utd (Sunday Sept. 23rd - 1330 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Game is open now..end to end stuff...much more open than it was in the first half...anyone can score now...

tamir_m

TIA Reserve Team
we need to take either Suarez or Sterling off and bring in Hendo. we need more pressure and presence in the middle

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
suarez shoots...loose ball...no other liverpool player close to the 18 yard box

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
we need to take either Suarez or Sterling off and bring in Hendo. we need more pressure and presence in the middle
Bringing a threat away from their defence will give them more chance to pressure us and squeeze us into our own half, make more mistakes that way. So no.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
If Suarez got the winning goal in this game, it might very well be the sweetest feeling in my life!

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Raheem looks more tentative in this game than any other this season

DEVGRU

Think Henderson will bring a bit more balance to the midfield...more so than an actual attacking threat I think..but should allow Suso and Gerrard to push up more....

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Seems to be Sterling coming off. Can understand it though it will weaken our attack a bit, can't think who else he could take off really though

Nice play and good shot from Suso, we still seem to be the attacking team even though we have 10 men and against a top side, makes you wonder how we are so far down the league.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
Thank God Stewart Downing is not on the field or the bench

NZred

The Red From NZ
Has Gerrard ever done anything that warrants him taking the penalties? 3 of the last 4 have gone straight out of play.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Should have been Sterling for Assaidi. can't see us threatening much now. Says a lot for our squad. We're relying on a 17 year old for half of our creativitity. Never in my wildest nightmare did I think that would be the case back in August.

basil1492

TIA Squad Member
Did you mean corners or free-kicks NZ, sure we haven't had a penalty yet this game

1dragon

TIA Regular
This looks like we are inviting pressure onto ourselves. How do we bring on our super sub Assaidi now?

DEVGRU

Suso is so confident and so good on the ball...wonder if he was the player Rafa was hinting at a couple of years ago as 'that special player' he wouldn'e allow to be named in an article by whats-his-name...

DEVGRU

Should have been Sterling for Assaidi. can't see us threatening much now. Says a lot for our squad. We're relying on a 17 year old for half of our creativitity. Never in my wildest nightmare did I think that would be the case back in August.
I don't think it's necc. a bad thing. I actually am pleased we are giving youth a chance.

DEVGRU

Joe Allen has been a bit disappointing.
Think he has quietly gone about his business and done his job. We did have a good first half of possession and gave nothing away to the mancs really in the middle of the park...

Status
Not open for further replies.