• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

IN Match: Liverpool v Man Utd (Sunday Sept. 23rd - 1330 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
Best of luck to our boys today. Hope they stay cool minded and focused.
Want us to win big time but its looking abit iffy. If its a draw, its ok but we desperatelly need a win
Huge match, I am very nervous tbh

Come on Liverpool !

EDIT: I hope the TIA doesn't crash after the match, fingers crossed and touch hair for luck. I couldn't bear it

LFC7NH

Disappointed to see Carra make the bench over Coates... did he pick up a knock or something?

On the other hand great news for Suso!

Zinedine Biscan

Spreading the word of St Igor
It's the team I would have picked, bit surprised not to see a striker on the bench in Morgan or Ngoo even, but perhaps it's intended for Assaidi to be the forward option.

LFC7NH

Man Utd starters: Lindegaard, Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra, Carrick, Giggs, Valencia, Kagawa, Nani, Van Persie

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
The Reds team in full is: Reina, Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Allen, Shelvey, Gerrard, Sterling, Borini, Suarez.

Subs: Jones, Enrique, Sahin, Assaidi, Henderson, Suso, Carragher.

Suso on the bench! Yeah baby. The starting 11 is pretty much as I thought though Rodgers might have Gerrard further forward or keep him deep, either way I'm almost sure Stevie would have influenced the decision. Would like to see Borini in the middle and not out wide, Suarez and Sterling can do a much better job. Allen and Gerrard better help Johnson defend the left side cause if Valencia or Nani starts then they'll murder Glen if he gets caught to far up the pitch. United scores first and Glen might have to take those risks and we'll be in major trouble then so hopefully the midfielders help out defending out wide to the 3 attackers won't have to track back to much and can concentrate on putting ManU's backline under immense pressure.

PS: United have put out a very strong and attacking lineup, there should be plenty of goals in this game then. Though if its a shootout then we I don't think we have the fire power to compete.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Starting to get my pre-match nerves now where I almost feel sick, hate the fact that tonight I could be utterly miserable but I could also be feeling euphoric! Man U's team on paper doesn't strike fear into me like teams of theres have in the past but RVP worries me tremendously.

Really hope this is the day Borini proves his doubters wrong and that Luis scores, that would be MAGNIFICENT!

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
Evra is starting! Wonder if Luis will shake his hand? Gerrard has come out asking him to so he's under quite a bit of pressure to shake the lying bugger's hand. So many elements to this game, should be interesting.

Arminius

FSG PR plant
Evra is starting! Wonder if Luis will shake his hand? Gerrard has come out asking him to so he's under quite a bit of pressure to shake the lying bugger's hand. So many elements to this game, should be interesting.
I would be very surprised if Suarez did anything but today, he is aware of the emotional significance of this game. Won't be the friendliest of handshakes, and I hope Luis lines up as the right side forward.

Exile on Anfield

TIA Youth Team
Up late last night, totally hung over right now (it's just after 8 am here), but never a thought of not waking up and going to the bar to watch. Yup...it's Man U week. C'mon Reds! A win to help my headache...

Maria

SUPER Champions of Europe VI
Ad-free Member
I am too scared to watch it. Can't I watch it when I know we have won ? or is that too easy ?

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
Up early, the coffee is brewing and pleasantly surprised to see Suso on the bench instead of Downing.

OhYaBeauty

I think Suso coming on for one of the wide forward spots later in the match could be trouble, actually. Raheem, Luis and Fabio will run defenders ragged and Suso's technique could be a problem for them late in the match.

I'm surprised its Ferdinand starting over Vidic but Evans isn't much of a surprise. He's solid. I'm glad Jose isn't near the pitch; their wingers look strong and we'll need our best two fullbacks to deal with them

geebo

Geebo Age unknown !
this is the game I hate watching the most- if we win I just feel releif. If we lose Im in a bad mood for weeks. I have often missed the game deliberately, gone out somewhere away from the TV or radio. But today, I will watch....

Think the two managers together was good. Fergie laying a wreath sounds good too. I hear King Kenny is there too, not sure if he is involved. This game may be the most important game in English football, but today its about something far more important- the 96, and really the Munich victims too. And it would be good if this event made the fixture between Liverpool and Manu more of a rivalry and less about hatred.

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
I literally shake the whole way through when we play United, not good for the health I tell you!

Status
Not open for further replies.