• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

IN Match: Liverpool v Man Utd (Sunday Sept. 23rd - 1330 GMT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gears

TIA Regular
It was a foolish lunge, but did johnny evans also not dive in the same way? I think the referee got it wrong by not cautioning shelvey earlier. so he would have been more careful.

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
When will they learn? Two footed tackles = red.....
Yep, you dont want to give refs the slightest excuse

pity really, we have been quite good, but second half is going to be an ordeal unless the ref evens the score

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
When will they learn? Two footed tackles = red.....
A decade or so ago, a two footed tackle like that would not even have gotten you a yellow....makes a difference these days when the manager on the opposition side is Alex Ferguson and the referee is M.H.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
I feel like if I saw a kitten get kicked in front of me I wouldn't even care a bit. Just so depressing. Fuck.

The one game where we look GOOD, and we fuck it up. ARGH>

AnfieldCat

TIA Squad Member
Is it wrong of me to really enjoy seeing Jonjo mouthing off at Fergie when he walked off? Wish it was under better circumstances!

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
If Man U play this way in the 2nd half, I would put a dollar in for us to win this if we get a decent chance.

Van Persie has hardly had a sniff..and long may it continue.

We can win this...1 man down or not.

BostonMick

TIA New Signing no more!
Ad-free Member
I feel like if I saw a kitten get kicked in front of me I wouldn't even care a bit. Just so depressing. Fuck.

The one game where we look GOOD, and we fuck it up. ARGH>
We are playing incredibly well. And everyone on the team looks completely fired up for this. Terrible that we did not convert 2 chances before the sending off.
Seems like Man U is putting a lot of effort into shutting down Raheem leaving gaps for Borini and Gerrard..

RichLFC

Always one of us. RIP.
0-0 is ok at HT with 10 men but looks like this could be another decent performance but nitto to show for it. red card unfortunately has cost us a chance of a win in this in 95% of instances

good play in the midfield and in defence [better today], nothing up front, its becoming a entirely scriptable scenario every week. its why we are in 18th

boogieonalice

TIA Regular
We'd all be screaming for a red card if it went the other way so no complaints from me for that. Very inexperienced from Jonjo, lets just hope they lose someone fast now or we'll just have to hope for a set piece goal. Would love Luis to get it to shut their idiot fans up

Forgot about Evras 2 footed lunge, suppose we should both be on 10 men now
definitely. inconsistant from the referee. He failed to book sure-thing bookings all game and then makes a harsh sending off. That in unprofessional and inconsistant. You can't give one club the benefit of the doubt & then bring the hammer down on the other when your gut tells you to.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Really good performance so far. We're by far the better team, but lacking a bit of composure in the final third. Pity about Shelvey's poor challenge.

sanjay_sai_rpt

Klopp the shit outta every team!
Ok guys... Half time... What do you think the managers would say to their teams?

Brendon R should be really worried now... with all the dominance and no goals to speak, and now down to 10 men, i am afraid manu have the upper hand... they ll play lpool's game now... they will defend and look for the break.. and it will be easier since we are 1 man less in the middle.. expect a break that starts in the midfield to the wings with a final cross to the box....

we will go 0-1 down and then start pushing and pushing with no luck - beacuse of 2 reasons - no incision on the front, and, 1 man down... we ll keep attacking with no luck and manu will add another goal in the final minutes...

BR AND LIVERPOOL... Please prove me wrong!

Arminius

FSG PR plant
The league has to do something about the consistency of calls - compare Shelvey's red today to Luiz' tackle yesterday versus Stoke. I have no idea what is an unacceptable tackle in this league now.

boogieonalice

TIA Regular
Definitely need need need that attacking player come january. Sterling is gifted, but having one of his worst games so far. Very inexperienced and rash decisions. Can't keep relying on him week in week out, or he's going to burn out and peak.

Insua anyone?

Gears

TIA Regular
You're right. If anything Evans should be gone. But in reality, a half way decent official would have cautioned them both in a game like this and moved on. What an idiot referee.
Shelvey has more bollocks than any one else on this field. This red card was unfair because johnny evans dived in first. The only difference was that johnny was half a man and followed instructions by fergie to lay on the ground crying. Shelvey was too strong/willing to play on to stay on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.