• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

IN Match: West Brom (a) League Cup (Weds 26.09.12)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF Red

TIA Regular
Really? I presumed it would be a domestic ban. Ah well, I guess thats a good thing.
It is a domestic ban. The match tomorrow is a league cup match.

This is the rumored team I've seen a few times today:

Jones​
Wisdom Carra Wilson Robinson​
Assaidi Sahin Hendo​
Downing Pacheco Yesil​
I saw that as well.
I imagine Pacheco will play behind Yesil with Assaidi and Downing out wide. I would love for Ngoo to get a chance. He has been one of the stars of the young U21 season.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
This is the rumored team I've seen a few times today:

Jones​
Wisdom Carra Wilson Robinson​
Assaidi Sahin Hendo​
Downing Pacheco Yesil​
Like the players involved but would expect those players to line up:
Jones
Wisdom Carra Wilson R'son
Sahin Hendo
Downing Pacheco Assaidi
Yesil

Think that is more peoples natural position in Rodgers system.

SFRed sorry you beat me to it!

mpoletti

Bearded Rumour Mill Regista
http://www.dailymail...-West-Brom.html

[background=#ffffff]‘But Jordan is working his socks off every day. He has got a great appetite to learn; he lives his life right and he doesn't do stupid things off the pitch. He works hard, he works well. Really it is just games like (tonight) that offer me the opportunity to see him.[/background]
Looks like Hendo is playing.

InFrontOfTheKop

Hendo should play. I pray Carra doesn't, but I'm sure he will.

I think the team will be:
Reina​
Wisdom Coates Carra Enrique​
Hendo​
Suso Sahin​
Downing Yesil Assaidi​

Subs: Morgan, Skrtel, Jones, Pacheco, Sterling, Adorjan, Wilson​

mappen1977

TIA Reserve Team
Can people please give Carra a break, he deserves as much. Sure he may not be what he used to be but he can still defend. If this was not the case he would not get any game time at all. We dont half jump on people quick, Carra is a respected pro in the game and to all us reds. I think it's his last season so I am going to enjoy watching him, lad will go down a legend. If he can not cut it anymore Brendan wont play him out of pity, in all honesty from what I have seen this season he has been alright.

Upstate_Chad

TIA Youth Team
Hendo should play. I pray Carra doesn't, but I'm sure he will.

I think the team will be:
Reina​
Wisdom Coates Carra Enrique​
Hendo​
Suso Sahin​
Downing Yesil Assaidi​

Subs: Morgan, Skrtel, Jones, Pacheco, Sterling, Adorjan, Wilson​
So you rather he be saved for Saturday then? ;)
Carra can capably handle West Brom forwards, minus Lukaku. Plus, as LFC7NH has mentioned, Carra should play in the tournaments that we do not intend to focus on.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
The west brom assistant said yesterday that they will be playing their second string also, so hopefully no Long , Odenwingie or Lukaku

cb24

TIA Reserve Team
I'd actually want to see Rodgers give Coates and Skrtel a go in a less important game before a Prem game. Martin Skrtel can handle playing 2 games in 3 days, once in a while. I'd have Enrique or Robinson at LB, Wisdom at RB(where is Flano?), Henderson, Sahin and Adorjan in CM with Downing on the right, Assaidi on the left and I guess Yesil in the middle with Ngoo on the bench.
I agree with this - I think Coates and Skrtel can handle two games in a week and they should get a chance to form a partnership. Bring Carra off the bench if fitness is a worry for either of them.

Adorjan is a number 10, he could start in the middle and Suso could come on second half for another run out if the game permits. I personally wouldn't bother with Downing and try Pacheco on the right instead, but Brendan will probably start Stewart.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Morgan did not impress me at all the last time he was on the pitch. Nothing spectacular. Would love to see Yesil
According to my mates on the ground, he is one hell of a player. A very bright future fella. He does have that instinct to poach, just his decision making is not that great yet. But at 17, you can't complain. Play him more, see how he grows. I think he would come good this boy.

JustHitMyHead

TIA Reserve Team
We won't win the title and we won't get relegated.

But if we have 2 or 3 young players come through, and become "regulars" then we would have taken a big step forward this season. If Sterling can continue his strong play and someone like Yesil or Pacheco break through (in addition to the continued development of Shelvey and Suso)... I'm a happy camper.

So from my perspective the goal of this season should be to grow our players as much as possible... and the League Cup is a great opportunity to do so.

football.tiger

TIA Squad Member
JEROME SINCLAIR could become the youngest player in Liverpool’s history tonight after being promoted to the first team squad for the Capital One Cup tie at West Brom. The highly-rated striker, who only celebrated his 16th birthday last Thursday, will travel with the Reds to the Hawthorns. Boss Brendan Rodgers is considering naming Sinclair among his substitutes and if he comes on he will beat the record currently held by Jack Robinson, who made his debut at the age of 16 and 250 days against Hull City in May 2010. Ironically, Sinclair started his career at the West Brom Academy before Liverpool swooped to secure his services in the summer of 2011. He has impressed for the under-18s so far this season and shone in last week’s NextGen Series clash with Inter Milan.

Teenage defender Stephen Sama has also been elevated to the squad for tonight’s trip to the Midlands as Rodgers prepares to field a youthful line-up. Jose Enrique has been ruled out with a niggling knee injury, joining Lucas Leiva, Daniel Agger, Martin Kelly, Fabio Borini and Jon Flanagan on the casualty list. Jonjo Shelvey starts a three-match ban following his red card against Manchester United and Joe Cole isn’t yet ready for action having only started training again last week after a hamstring strain.

Steven Gerrard, Luis Suarez, Martin Skrtel, Glen Johnson, Pepe Reina and Joe Allen will all be rested ahead of Saturday’s league clash at Norwich City. Youngsters Suso and Andre Wisdom, who made their first team bows away to Young Boys in the Europa League last week, are set to feature again tonight. There will also be a debut for 18-year-old German striker Samed Yesil, who was an unused substitute in Switzerland. In the absence of Gerrard, Jamie Carragher will captain the side with Brad Jones deputising for Reina in goal. Nuri Sahin, Stewart Downing, Jordan Henderson and Oussama Assaidi should also start.

Agger and Borini will continue to undergo treatment at Melwood but both are making good progress following the injuries they sustained against United. Danish centre-back Agger, who bruised the bone in his left knee, could be back for Saturday’s game at Norwich.
http://www.liverpool...0252-31908663/?

SF Red

TIA Regular

Agger and Borini will continue to undergo treatment at Melwood but both are making good progress following the injuries they sustained against United. Danish centre-back Agger, who bruised the bone in his left knee, could be back for Saturday’s game at Norwich.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2012/09/26/100252-31908663/?

That last paragraph is the most important

cb24

TIA Reserve Team
So based on the report in the echo, maybe:

Jones​
Wisdom Carra Sama Robinson​
Suso Henderson Sahin​
Downing Yesil Assaidi​

Subs: Gulacsi, Sinclair, Coates, Sterling, Wilson, Pacheco, Adorjan

InFrontOfTheKop

So you rather he be saved for Saturday then? ;)
To be honest, I'd rather not see him play at all. I hate to say that about a player of his stature, but it's been said hundreds of times on these forums. He's just not up for it anymore. Sure, he can come in and do a job at times, but he makes me nervous as hell when he's on the pitch. It's just not worth it to play him anymore. He has far more disastrous moments on the pitch than brilliant ones. That wasn't the case in the past, but it certainly is now. He needs to move on from playing and take on a coaching role IMHO.

InFrontOfTheKop

That being said, it doesn't appear that he's going anywhere for the moment. I would simply prefer he didn't play in this match because I don't think he'll be able to handle the strength and pace of Lukaku.

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
I think people are judging Carra a bit to harsh.
There is no question that he has a problem to keep up, but what you don't see is how much he helps the young players around him through the match. you don't need that when you have an experienced back 4. but when everybody is so young and inexperienced, you need someone who can direct them on the pitch.

this is probably his last playing season. give the man a break.

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
I really would not be too bothered if we go out as I suspect we will. BR will not be judged on this but what happens in the league & we need to concentrate all our efforts on that to get us moving upwards. 3 PL wins now & we will all feel a lot more optimistic.

tooloom

TIA Youth Team
I'm loving the enthusiasm and skill the youngsters are bringing to the game . I just hope that at last Downing will at least TRY to show us why we paid so much for him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USkAmJ_N4m0

YNWA

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Carra can capably handle West Brom forwards, minus Lukaku. Plus, as LFC7NH has mentioned, Carra should play in the tournaments that we do not intend to focus on.
He can? That's what we were saying about the mighty Young Boys.

mappen1977

TIA Reserve Team
Has their ever been a better time to be a young lad playing for us? Really can never remember so many youngsters being handed chances to impress. I love it, but it also shows how far we have fallen. From what I have seen so far the young lads are taking their chances so fair play to them.

Digary

Has their ever been a better time to be a young lad playing for us? Really can never remember so many youngsters being handed chances to impress. I love it, but it also shows how far we have fallen. From what I have seen so far the young lads are taking their chances so fair play to them.
To be fair its not like we have much of a choice. We no longer have a group of experienced squad players kicking around on the bench and by defauly the kids have become backup to first teamers. Not that i'm complaining. I find it extremely exciting getting to see all these young guys show us what they can do.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Anybody else starting to feel more comfortable the more youth players we have on the pitch and the less amount of senior players the better? Don't know if that says a lot about how great our academy is doing or how bad our senior side is these days. One things for sure if you look at only at players over 25 we have an extremely small squad but I love the look of our squad when you look at 25 and under. If we can get through this difficult start to this season we should have fantastic future. In regards to this game, King Kenny lost his job because he didn't do well enough in the league despite winning this competition. Anybody really believe Rodgers will take risks?

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Anybody else starting to feel more comfortable the more youth players we have on the pitch and the less amount of senior players the better? Don't know if that says a lot about how great our academy is doing or how bad our senior side is these days. One things for sure if you look at only at players over 25 we have an extremely small squad but I love the look of our squad when you look at 25 and under. If we can get through this difficult start to this season we should have fantastic future. In regards to this game, King Kenny lost his job because he didn't do well enough in the league despite winning this competition. Anybody really believe Rodgers will take risks?
I agree, it's much more confidence filling having the kids play. At least you know they've really worked hard to get where they are. It shows in their youthfull enthusiasm.

Compare that to Downing syndrome....

JackleCube

I admit to having not read through this entire thread; does anyone have any team news relating to West Brom? I was wondering whether they would take the league cup seriously, because given their recent tactical strength under Clarke, I would expect their first team (if played) to be better than our reserves, hence making this one difficult for us. (That said, I wouldn't mind if we did bow out of the League Cup early, although we're not fighting for the title, I think we should approach the Cup in the same way top teams do; play the Resies, and see how far we get, then maybe bring in a few first teamers if we get far and feel we have a good chance of winning the whole thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.