• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Indonesia XI - Pre-Season Friendly - Sat 20th July 14.30 KO BST

liveforthereds

asp67 twitter
This Staturday sees Liverpool in action in there 2nd game of pre-season, The same squad that played against Preston will most probabley be in action as those who are on exstended leave will have not joined up for the squad.

So what do we expect from this game, the same as against Preston with a shuffling of the players playing with each other or does Rodgers change the formation and tactics to see what options he has.

Title has been edited.

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
I would like to see a continuation of our good form against Preston.

For the sake of it i will go with a startig XI to kick things off.

Mignolet, Johnsonm, Toure, Agger, Robinson, Allen, Lucas, Luis Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Borini.

Be happy days with further integration of the new signings and more run outs for the young guns.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
All the new signings too start with senior players making up the rest of the starting XI. 4-5 changes at half-time with the other changes all done before the 60th minute.

Gives as many as possible a solid run out, whilst allowing the new players a chance to bed in and form partnerships with the already established players whilst giving youth their chance later in the game

I actually expect a similar sort of thing to what we had against Preston where we field 2 entirely separate teams in both halves. On a side not anyone know when the likes of Suarez and Reina will be joining up with the squad?

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
WellRedKev said:
I would like to see a continuation of our good form against Preston.

For the sake of it i will go with a startig XI to kick things off.

Mignolet, Johnsonm, Toure, Agger, Robinson, Allen, Lucas, Luis Alberto, Aspas, Sterling, Borini.

Be happy days with further integration of the new signings and more run outs for the young guns.
Yep, I'd quite like to see an actual "First Team" start and the squad players finish. It's not massively important of course, just be nice for us fans to see the interaction of the first team together

liverpool_singh said:
I actually expect a similar sort of thing to what we had against Preston where we field 2 entirely separate teams in both halves. On a side not anyone know when the likes of Suarez and Reina will be joining up with the squad?
22nd mate I think

liveforthereds

asp67 twitter
liverpool_singh said:
Players on extended leave and not injured will join up after this weekend 22nd July (Monday), thats what the Echo printed and have heard it being put about in a few places. The next leg of our tour is in Oz so they will link up with the team on route.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
liverpool_singh said:
Suarez is the 21st/22nd. Heard both dates so not 100% sure which one is the right date.

Reina I would imagine is possibly a day or 2 later considering Spain made the final of the Confeds Cup

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Disappointed that we haven't taken a few more from the academy at least for the experience of being abroad with the club and the expectations as to how they ought to behave being instilled. Particularly the likes of McLaughlin, Jones, Fulton and Yesil (although he may still need to prioritise working on his fitness).

I'd like to see us play a strong but experimental (without Suarez) side for good chunks of our matches. From what I've seen so far and assuming Sturridge is fit for our first game I envisage a Suarez-less starting XI for the new season as:

Reina​
Skrtel Agger​
Lucas​
Gerrard​
Johnson Enrique​
Alberto​
Aspas Coutinho​
Sturridge​
Bench: Mignolet, Kelly, Wisdom, Toure, Henderson, Sterling/Ibe, Borini (assuming Sturridge would start if fit)

As such, I'd like to see that team get a run out at some point (with Borini in the CF role).

WellRedKev

TIA Reserve Team
Interesting you still see Reina as number 1 then? No direct replacement for Suarez ? Can't wait for season opener hopefully picture is crystal clear and we are not still wondering who stays or goes etc.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
WellRedKev said:
Interesting you still see Reina as number 1 then? No direct replacement for Suarez ? Can't wait for season opener hopefully picture is crystal clear and we are not still wondering who stays or goes etc.
Yes, I do. As for direct/indirect replacement for Suarez the team I selected is based purely on what we have right now. If I was to have my way we would upgrade the positions currently taken by Skrtel, Lucas and Aspas in that team - if we were to sell Suarez we'd certainly have the funds to do so but that's for another thread :)

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
Hope we don't see the likes of Pacheco, Downing, Assaidi and Spearing again, none have LFC futures so what's the point in playing them??

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
SirBillShankly said:
Hope we don't see the likes of Pacheco, Downing, Assaidi and Spearing again, none have LFC futures so what's the point in playing them??
Just to fill in the numbers, Even aquilani featured before his exit.

liveforthereds

asp67 twitter
SirBillShankly said:
Until we sell then they are part of the team, So playing them gives them 1, a chance to prove they can play for us or 2, put's them in the shop window in the hopes of another club comes into buy. Better than just forgeting all about them.

therealkeano1

TIA Reserve Team
SirBillShankly said:
A bit harsh, I'd love to see Pacheco do well here I think he could be a real quality player. Spearing has always done his best and we should try and get him the best club available.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
Kopstar said:
Disappointed that we haven't taken a few more from the academy at least for the experience of being abroad with the club and the expectations as to how they ought to behave being instilled. Particularly the likes of McLaughlin, Jones, Fulton and Yesil (although he may still need to prioritise working on his fitness).

I'd like to see us play a strong but experimental (without Suarez) side for good chunks of our matches. From what I've seen so far and assuming Sturridge is fit for our first game I envisage a Suarez-less starting XI for the new season as:

Reina​
Skrtel Agger​
Lucas​
Gerrard​
Johnson Enrique​
Alberto​
Aspas Coutinho​
Sturridge​
Bench: Mignolet, Kelly, Wisdom, Toure, Henderson, Sterling/Ibe, Borini (assuming Sturridge would start if fit)

As such, I'd like to see that team get a run out at some point (with Borini in the CF role).
Sturridge isn't on that list mate...unless I'm blind

liveforthereds

asp67 twitter
SoueysTash said:
I think he is out with Injury not expected back before the start of the season, maybe wrong, think it was the club that said he would when the press where saying it would be longer.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
SoueysTash said:
From what I've seen so far and assuming Sturridge is fit for our first game I envisage a Suarez-less starting XI for the new season as
I was saying that's what I would envisage our starting XI for the new season to be so during pre-season I'd like that team (Borini in place of Sturridge) to be given a run out to see how it goes.

Obviously wasn't clear though so apologies!

gasband

The Singaporean Liverpool Never Managed To Sign
Ad-free Member
All players taking one plane? Dun we have a "not everyone in the team in the same plane" policy?

shachart

"You're supposed to help people that need a bit."
interesting to see the change in the squad BR took to the preseason tour this year to the one he took last year.
while last year BR took a lot of young players, and actually gave them a chance to play, this time around he is taking mostly the senior players or players which have features a few times last seson. the only true unexperienced players he is taking are robinson, flanagan and Ibe.
you can't call kelly, sterling and wisdom young players anymore, they have broken into the first squad allready..

i expected him to take morgan ,yessil, coady or even Lloyd jones.

not saying he is mistaken, I would have probably done the same, just funny to see how BR changed his ways.

costared

TIA Reserve Team
I did not expect Morgan to go I am surprised that Coady is not included( or is he on extended leave because of England U20,s.)
No matter what I cannot see why he has taken Jay and Assaidi when both will obviously be leaving the club before the season starts.Could have given a couple of youngsters some valuable experience.

auzziez

costared said:
I did not expect Morgan to go I am surprised that Coady is not included( or is he on extended leave because of England U20,s.)
No matter what I cannot see why he has taken Jay and Assaidi when both will obviously be leaving the club before the season starts.Could have given a couple of youngsters some valuable experience.
Probably just showcasing the players for potential suitors?!?!

costared

TIA Reserve Team
Still does not seem logical as we have had offers for both and they will both go for peanuts or on loan.

SoueysTash

GegenPosting
shachart said:
(snip)

i expected him to take morgan ,yessil, coady or even Lloyd jones.

not saying he is mistaken, I would have probably done the same, just funny to see how BR changed his ways.
I think it's good news to be honest, last year he didn't really have a choice.

Yesil hasn't returned to full training yet, I expect he would have gone in place of Morgan had he been.