• This website uses cookies. More information.
  • The This Is Anfield Forums community is moving to a new home. Click here for more information on the transition.

Is it a striker we really need, or is it something else...?

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
I started a thread many months back titled 'Is it a striker we really need, or is it something else...?'

I have since had a break from posting but have observed all corners of the forum whilst enduring the same pain I am sure everyone goes through week in and week out, to be let down on a Sunday afternoon after pointlessly getting our hopes up for 'that result' we are so sure is going to come.

I'd like to reignite the topic of whether it really is another striker we need, a clinical finisher (If thats Ok, mods). As far as I am aware, the 4-3-3/4-5-1/4-2-1-2-1 (Call it what you like), is not going to change. Our main man, regardless of any comings or goings, will be Luis Suarez for many years to come. He has been tried on either wing and has often been used in a free role, but as we have all seen in recent weeks, he is a striker. He may be deep lying, he may not stay on the last man, but he is a central player who thrives off giving centre halves a nightmare.

So if we were to bring in, I dont know, Lewandowski or Huntelaar, where does that leave us as a team. What does this do to our structure? I believe Brendans whole philosophy would HAVE to change, all because of one signing because of a lack of goals. The link up player would be removed from the system, and would instead have to sitting players (Lucas and Allen, presumably in the long term) with Suarez as the third attacking midfielder if you like linking off the front man.

It is the most frustrating thing in the world being a Liverpool fan. I hear it day in day out that I am living in a ream world when I tell everybody the quality is there, but we are just not getting results. The thing is, it IS there. From an attacking point of view, we have the frightening pace of Sterling, the technique and penetration of Suso, Suarez has everything in his locker (bar the odd fluff in a one on one), Stevie, who on his day, can change a game. And a midfield trio of Lucas, Allen and Shelvey who between them have all the capabilities a midfield should have.

I have been thinking about this for nearly a year now, since the last January transfer window. I really do not think signing a Klaas or Lewandowski will solve all our problems, they need the penetrative balls and movement off other players to create their chances. I still think it is something missing, but I do not believe this wil be solvedby signing one clinical finisher.

After the imminient departures of Downing and Joe Cole, I am keen to see another winger brought in. Not necessarily in the mould of Sterling, but maybe a 'more established' Suso. I don't like mentioning other teams players, but someone in the mould of Cazorla, Nasri, Nani, Ben Arfa, or Mata. Someone with that quick burst over 5 yards and a fantastic eye for that final ball. Because at the moment our most penetrative player with vision in the final third is an 18 year old spaniard in his first season.

One thing that is for certain is that we have a gem in Brendan Rodgers, and the impatient talk really pisses me off. We are all going through the same thing, but if there is one person who knows all the problems we are facing, it is Brendan. He's young, hard working, educated, motivational and clearly knows his stuff. He has learnt from the best and for me is the driving force for the next generation of young managers coming through.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Let's be frank, the chances we create are mostly crap. An out and out striker won't cure that.

Right now we are a team that are more dangerous away from home. Players like Suarez, Gerrard, and Sahin are brilliant in transition and launching quick attacks. So we are constantly trying to go direct and attack quickly since we have no other shot at scoring, really. We need space.

But at home when teams park the bus, we need an older version of Suso (as you said) to find that incisive pass. Having Huntelaar up front won't change the fact that Suarez will have to dribble past 3 players in the box to get off a shot or a pass. If we lose Suarez to injury, we don't only lose our chief finisher we lose our chief creator. It's absurd.

Wide forwards, playmakers, #10s, whatever they may be, I dont care as long as they have an excellent touch, vision, and instincts. This will improve the finishing of other players. If we could rely on more quality chances being *created* I am sure that guys like Shelvey won't put them into Row L because of being so stunned that they have an open goal ahead of em. It's premature ejaculation due to the surprise of actually having a good chance in front of you.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
I think that Rodgers has already answered your question ...

"Suarez is so bright, so clever, he's a world-class striker. On that form today he really frustrates and provokes defenders.

"He is an absolute joy to work with. Every single day he's in to train, to get better and improve. He's still a young player and he's committed his best years to us here.

"We play him in that false 9 role. He's not a traditional No.9 who's up there, stood, static. That's why when we get a number of players in who can work off his qualities, that's going to make us a real threat.

"I ask him to get on the move and get defenders out of their positions. It's then important that we've got men running in off that.
http://www.liverpool...n-is-unplayable

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
I think that Rodgers has already answered your question ...
Which is why I don't get this whole 'We need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net' rubbish. It is such a lazy conclusion to come to. The reason for the thread is to come away from that and debate whether there are other alternatives, if so, what they are and if they can be implemented into our squad ASAP.

DEVGRU

Banned for the umpteenth time
Which is why I don't get this whole 'We need someone who can put the ball in the back of the net' rubbish. It is such a lazy conclusion to come to. The reason for the thread is to come away from that and debate whether there are other alternatives, if so, what they are and if they can be implemented into our squad ASAP.
Our stats will tell you a story when it comes to chances created and chances put away for the past 3 seasons.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
Errr, if we don't need any strikers what happens when he gets injured or sent off?

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
Our stats will tell you a story when it comes to chances created and chances put away for the past 3 seasons.
And what story is that? That we need yet another clinical striker? Look at the amount of goals Chelsea have added to their team without replacing Dider Drogba. Hazard, Mata and Oscar are contributing massively in goals and assists yet they didn't rush into signing a big name front man. Its not like Torres is getting all there goals for them yet they don't have a problem creating chances and finding the back of the net.

Errr, if we don't need any strikers what happens when he gets injured or sent off?
When Borini is fit, he will obvisouly deputise. I am not saying he is our saviour, far from it, but there wasn't this 'what will happen when Suarez gets injured' debate at the beginning of the season, we were more than happy with the strikers at our disposal. I know a lot will hinge on whether AC stays or goes, but even so this debate is about the goals we aren't scoring.

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
It's plainly obvious we won't be going for a striker and that Suarez will stay centrally, can't argue with that with the season he's having. Borini was always bought to be his replacement when injured/ tired. So I believe it will be flexible forwards not stand in the box strikers that will be bought its why I think there is definetly something in the Walcott rumours and I personally think he'd work for us. He'd get beyond Suarez and give him the option to slide the ball behind defenders knowing that theo could get onto it and that he can finish and assist when in those positions. Another similar player on the other side wouldn't be a surprie either maybe Tello on loan or something similar. A number "10" would be great but might have to wait till the summer

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
Let's be frank, the chances we create are mostly crap. An out and out striker won't cure that.

Right now we are a team that are more dangerous away from home. Players like Suarez, Gerrard, and Sahin are brilliant in transition and launching quick attacks. So we are constantly trying to go direct and attack quickly since we have no other shot at scoring, really. We need space.

But at home when teams park the bus, we need an older version of Suso (as you said) to find that incisive pass. Having Huntelaar up front won't change the fact that Suarez will have to dribble past 3 players in the box to get off a shot or a pass. If we lose Suarez to injury, we don't only lose our chief finisher we lose our chief creator. It's absurd.

Wide forwards, playmakers, #10s, whatever they may be, I dont care as long as they have an excellent touch, vision, and instincts. This will improve the finishing of other players. If we could rely on more quality chances being *created* I am sure that guys like Shelvey won't put them into Row L because of being so stunned that they have an open goal ahead of em. It's premature ejaculation due to the surprise of actually having a good chance in front of you.
Spot on about the quality of chances we create. It's been like that for a long time now. Even last season when many were frustrated by our finishing and the woodwork - much of the problem was the type of chances we created and how much effort we had to put into creating them. It's not often the last three years I've seen us pass and move our way to clear chances; the exception was that golden streak we had when Kenny took over, when we had Lucas and Spearing balancing the midfield, and Suarez, Kuyt, Maxi and Meireles doing their thing in the final third. That was a well balanced team, with intelligent attacking players. Since then I think we have struggled.

We have seen glimpses under Rodgers, particularly against West Brom and Norwich when we played our way to quite a few good chances but there's something not quite right with the balance now as well.

We'll see what happens in January, but I agree that a striker isn't the answer to our problems. I'd rather buy two wide forwards who can play on either side of Suarez/Borini. Wouldn't say no to a number 10 either.

kwala

TIA Regular
We need lots of things. 2 Strikers are a part of it. 1 starter, one for the bench. No ifs or buts about it. We need a goal scorers. A blind man sat, in a darkroom, with his head under a blanket, facing the wall can see that. We need cover for Lucas, and STILL we need proper pacey wide players to strech the opposition. I thought Downing would come good this season, I am now resigned to the fact he will never make the step up at LFC.

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
We need lots of things. 2 Strikers are a part of it. 1 starter, one for the bench. No ifs or buts about it. We need a goal scorers. A blind man sat, in a darkroom, with his head under a blanket, facing the wall can see that. We need cover for Lucas, and STILL we need proper pacey wide players to strech the opposition. I thought Downing would come good this season, I am now resigned to the fact he will never make the step up at LFC.
I would love for you to explain to me what you would do with 4 established strikers (5 if you include AC) and 4 wide players, when one striker is played in our system and it is a certainty this is not going to change. Really? Give me an example of a top quality established striker that would happily be rotated or not be the star man in a current mid table team.

REDSkins

TIA Youth Team
Yeah, he's gonna want forwards that can play central or wide...and that way they have 3 slots we can play them in, not just one. Suarez is gonna be the main man, and there's no point signing a striker to sit on bench unless Luis is out. We can't afford it right now and the 5mp/30k/week strikers we *can* afford are not gonna fancy their chances to take away Suarez's spot.

We are more likely to take a punt on three forwards/wingers from the Eredivisie, etc and hope they can all contribute goals rather than drop our load on a #9 who is at his peak and on big wages.

We are already a "one man team" and I think the idea is to have multiple goalscorers, not just a #9 to pair Luis with where the two of em score 90% of our goals and make us a 2-man team. If they get injured, we are back where we started.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
People obviously haven't watched much of Swansea under Rodgers ... Basically, he uses a system with 4 attackers, and expects all of them to contribute in terms of goals ... If you look at their goalscoring numbers in all competitions last season, you would see this:

Danny Graham - 14
Scott Sinclair - 8
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 7
Nathan Dyer - 6

He obviously likes a collective effort in terms of goalscoring, and that is what he would try to achieve at LFC ...

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
People obviously haven't watched much of Swansea under Rodgers ... Basically, he uses a system with 4 attackers, and expects all of them to contribute in terms of goals ... If you look at their goalscoring numbers in all competitions last season, you would see this:

Danny Graham - 14
Scott Sinclair - 8
Gylfi Sigurdsson - 7
Nathan Dyer - 6

He obviously likes a collective effort in terms of goalscoring, and that is what he would try to achieve at LFC ...
Agreed, signing a 'Huntelaar' would only over complicate matters with our system. Add to that extortionate wages and potentially another unhappy player at our squad. There needs to be goals elsewhere, Jonjo and even Sterling have the potential to be minimum 10 goal a season players but not just yet.

kwala

TIA Regular
I would love for you to explain to me what you would do with 4 established strikers (5 if you include AC) and 4 wide players, when one striker is played in our system and it is a certainty this is not going to change. Really? Give me an example of a top quality established striker that would happily be rotated or not be the star man in a current mid table team.
I'd love for you to explain to me where i mentioned the word ESTABLISHED? yeah thought not, Beause i didn't.

4 strikers? Who are the 2 we currently have? Suarez? Not a CF. Borini? Thought he was a CF, but not sure at this point in time, think he will always play the wide forward role, certainly doesn't look like a penalty box predator, or genuine finisher from anything I have seen of him.

Suarez is not a CF that much is 100% clear. He is a false 9, number 10, Support striker, Number 7 at Liverpool traditionally, but not in a million years is he a CF. He can do a job there, but it is not his natural role. Put him with a proper number 9, and His game will go to a new level, and the 9 will get more chances than he ever dreamed of.

So if Suarez and Borini are not CF's, Andy Carrol plays for West Ham, and looks like he will not be coming back anytime soon.

That Leaves Morgan, and Yesil? Are these 2 the ESTABLISHED strikers we currently have?

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
I'd love for you to explain to me where i mentioned the word ESTABLISHED? yeah thought not, Beause i didn't.

4 strikers? Who are the 2 we currently have? Suarez? Not a CF. Borini? Thought he was a CF, but not sure at this point in time, think he will always play the wide forward role, certainly doesn't look like a penalty box predator, or genuine finisher from anything I have seen of him.

Suarez is not a CF that much is 100% clear. He is a false 9, number 10, Support striker, Number 7 at Liverpool traditionally, but not in a million years is he a CF. He can do a job there, but it is not his natural role. Put him with a proper number 9, and His game will go to a new level, and the 9 will get more chances than he ever dreamed of.

So if Suarez and Borini are not CF's, Andy Carrol plays for West Ham, and looks like he will not be coming back anytime soon.

That Leaves Morgan, and Yesil? Are these 2 the ESTABLISHED strikers we currently have?
My apologies Kwala, I completely misinterpreted your post. I thought you meant we needed two more.

:unsure:

kwala

TIA Regular
My apologies Kwala, I completely misinterpreted your post. I thought you meant we needed two more.

:unsure:
WE DO!!

lol

1 starter. the Number 9, an out and out goal scoring, Cf, penalty box player.

And, we need another Goal scoring CF fo the bench as an option, fresh legs etc. We Currently do not have 1 proper CF beyond Morgan and Yessil. Amongst all our senior forward players, there is not 1 Number 9. Well there is, but he is at West Ham. I'd be Happy with signing 1 if Morgan or Yesil were on the bench.

IF we sign a genuine number 9 he will have the time of his life. Suarez attracts players to him, he is never just marked by 1, if he is they are in trouble. So if Suarez attract defenders to him, the CF should get more space in the box. Nando 2009 would be a frightening combo with Suarez.

Our squad is super thin. We need recruits in every department really, but most pressing are the attacking options, and a DM as Cover for Lucas.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
We don't have a 20 goal a season striker, we don't have a 10 goal a season striker, we don't have a striker. I suggest we buy one, quickly.

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
We don't have a 20 goal a season striker, we don't have a 10 goal a season striker, we don't have a striker. I suggest we buy one, quickly.
Na we don't, we just have a striker who scored 50 goals in one season in Holland. Got no goals in him this lad.

ptt

2020, head of the table.
We don't currently have a 1st team dedicated striker. Suarez is brilliant but he isn't the hybrid child of Rush and Fowler.

OhYaBeauty

We don't have 4 strikers and 4 wide players. We have 2 and 2. Suarez and Borini are strikers and Sterling and Assaidi are wide forwards. Downing shouldn't count and I'm convinced Suso has only been on the wing because of how short we are up top. Andy Carroll obviously won't be here next season so he shouldn't be counted either.

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
We don't currently have a 1st team dedicated striker. Suarez is brilliant but he isn't the hybrid child of Rush and Fowler.
Hurts me to say it but I think we are past the days of having a typical Rush or Fowler banging in 30 a season, I think in the modern game a striker needs more to them than finishing ability to score that many goals. If you look at the top scorers over the past few years, Van Persie, Rooney, Aguero, Torres, Drogba, Adebayor (Sigh), all have either extraordinary pace, tremendous physique, or fantastic technique and close control. Which is why in a way I'm not too sure if Adam Morgan will reach the top level with us, I know the lad is 18 and has a fantastic goal scoring record at youth level, but I am yet to see enough from him to say he is going to develop into a quality player. However much people say he has similar goal scoring traits to Fowler and Rush.

We don't have 4 strikers and 4 wide players. We have 2 and 2. Suarez and Borini are strikers and Sterling and Assaidi are wide forwards. Downing shouldn't count and I'm convinced Suso has only been on the wing because of how short we are up top. Andy Carroll obviously won't be here next season so he shouldn't be counted either.
That whole misunderstanding was sorted, my bad -_-

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
We are more likely to take a punt on three forwards/wingers from the Eredivisie, etc and hope they can all contribute goals rather than drop our load on a #9 who is at his peak and on big wages.

We are already a "one man team" and I think the idea is to have multiple goalscorers, not just a #9 to pair Luis with where the two of em score 90% of our goals and make us a 2-man team. If they get injured, we are back where we started.
As to your first point:
Bony from Vitesse would do for starters (Eredivisie) ...plus Tadic (wide forward, very technical and very good) and Djuricic (number 10 playmaker, also very technical, loads of assists, can score too ...and reminds me very much of an early Cruyff). To me, Djuricic possesses quite a bit of the same outrageous skill, mentality, flair and self-belief of a young Cruyff. PS: He even looks like Cruyff as well.

No problem at all (for me) in recruiting Eredvisie players. Early 2000's Barca build their entire team around them, mid-2000's Real did the same. Most Dutch pundits think that Bony would be an absolute sensation at a Top Club (aka clubs of the calibre of Chelsea, Bayern etc). Ironically maybe, Chelsea's top-scout says he's not ready yet ...although most disagree.

Incidentally, Vitesse has had negligible interest for their Journalist seats over recent years ...but in the past few weeks everything has changed. Every TV station (from BBC to Al-Jazeera) and literally every top-club (across Europe) is now serially requesting seats ...to evaluate Bony, and they are now being swamped with requests (which they can't meet). Bony is just an absolute phenomenon of a player ...and whoever gets him in January will be very lucky indeed.

To your second point:
We have been described as a 2-man team a few year's back (perhaps unfairly) as in Gerrard-Torres. The media maybe somewhat conveniently forgot about Xabi, Mascherano etc though. Plus Arbeloa, Hyypia, Benayoun, Kuyt etc. 2 standout players maybe, but many of the others did also contribute (consistently) to make something special happen.

Nowadays, it still might apply, just now (I'd feel) in the sense of Lucas-Suarez. Both best mates off the pitch, both crucial on it. Surround both of them with enough high quality ...and then it can sky-rocket very, very quickly. Don't forget we also have Agger, Reina and Johnson as pretty high-level players (even Skrtel) . Allen too can be very important ...but we desperately do need 3 (maybe 4) players (aka 1 striker, one stellar wing forward, and a natural and highly-skilled number 10 playmaker) to really compete. Plus LB remains a huge issue.

Add 3 players who can all provide and/or add goals (and add assists too) and also add players (who can play 4-3-3 at a much quicker tempo). Tempo, speed (of thought) and on-ball calmness (in front of goal) needs to increase a lot.

Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord and Dutch NT) is another Eredivisie payer, I'd take in a heartbeat. A beast of a player, one who's technically very good and he can play CB/LB very well ...plus he scores regularly at times and he can pass it extremely well. He is another player who is well on his way to becoming a phenomenal player in 1~2 years.

We probably don't need the Llorente's, Cavani's or the Huntelaar's (actually I would possibly make an exception for him, personally, as an interim solution). We definitely don't need the Walcotts or Sturridges aka young players on (or else wanting) mega-wages. If only that adding a young player on 3 times the wages of our current younger players would equate to almost guaranteed dressing room discontent. Not a smart move. We need to get smart and buy the really smart (under the radar) buys, I'd feel.

AC Milan is also nowadays embarking on exactly the same traject as LFC aka disposing of all over-paid and over-rated players and also looking to promote from within and also scour Europe for value buys.

I know the Eredivisie very well (hence the very many recommends on my part). It's a simply superb league to develop young players ....and most teams play a variant of 4-3-3 (BR's system of choice) ...but I have little knowledge of the lesser Spanish sides (and their talents), no knowledge at all of French talents, and know next to nothing about most other European leagues, apart from maybe the Bundesliga.

So much talent out there, we don't need to wait until that talent has proven itself at an intermediate club i.e. Ajax, Porto, Sevilla, Sporting etc. Take them when proven and it costs you €20m. Take them earlier, skip a single step and it's at most €5~10m.

Let's get smart in the Transfer market (like Graham Carr has done with Newcastle in recent years).

Eriksen from Ajax for €25m, or Djuricic for €5m? Llorente for €30m or Bony for €12m? Walcott for €5m wages or Tadic for €1m wages? The latter option for me ...every single time.

FreakLFC

We need a striker. It wouldnt hurt to have a Kuyt like figure or Maxi or even a Caroll type who could contribute. You know those 1-0 scores (like the awesome goal from Downing VS Anzhi) . We need those random goals. We need a striker.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Things we desperately need to add:

1- Goals, every team has 4 or 5 players they can rely on to score few goals here an there, 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 players at worst. We have Suarez. Maybe Borini when he is back.

2- Cover for Suarez, no player should be the only option for a position especially not one of the most important on the pitch. Suarez can play all 4 attacking positions it is ridiculous to have him as the only option over the age of 21 for one of them.

3- Numbers, as somebody else pointed out we are using Suso further forward than is his best and Cole and Downing shouldnt count. That leaves 4 players for 3 positions thats at least 2 or 3 short.

4- Tactical options. We have one of the best most versatile forwards in the league and stuck with only being able to use him in one position. Whats that about? If we have a strong central option it gives Rodgers a good headache. Having Rooney in a similar role at United didn't stop Whiskey face bringing in Van Persie and he had Wellbeck and Hernandez too we only have one (injured) Borini.

So in short yes I think we need a striker but we need more than one player and we need those players to cover multiple squads roles between them.

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
As to your first point:
Bony from Vitesse would do for starters (Eredivisie) ...plus Tadic (wide forward, very technical and very good) and Djuricic (number 10 playmaker, also very technical, loads of assists, can score too ...and reminds me very much of an early Cruyff). To me, Djuricic possesses quite a bit of the same outrageous skill, mentality, flair and self-belief of a young Cruyff. PS: He even looks like Cruyff as well.....
Fantastic evaluation Pete, not a massive follower of the Dutch league myself but I have heard things about Bony and Tadic. Iv heard Tadic has a ridiculous left foot on him and can put in a great delovery. What do you make to the following players, would love to know a bit more about them, and how they would possibly do in our team.

LB - Jetro Willems
No. 10 - Dries Mertens, Wijnaldum, Siem De Jong, Adam Maher,
Winger - Narsingh, Bacuna
Striker - Sigborson, Toivonen, Matavz

Speckydodge

TIA Squad Member
Things we desperately need to add:

1- Goals, every team has 4 or 5 players they can rely on to score few goals here an there, 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 players at worst. We have Suarez. Maybe Borini when he is back.

2- Cover for Suarez, no player should be the only option for a position especially not one of the most important on the pitch. Suarez can play all 4 attacking positions it is ridiculous to have him as the only option over the age of 21 for one of them.

3- Numbers, as somebody else pointed out we are using Suso further forward than is his best and Cole and Downing shouldnt count. That leaves 4 players for 3 positions thats at least 2 or 3 short.

4- Tactical options. We have one of the best most versatile forwards in the league and stuck with only being able to use him in one position. Whats that about? If we have a strong central option it gives Rodgers a good headache. Having Rooney in a similar role at United didn't stop Whiskey face bringing in Van Persie and he had Wellbeck and Hernandez too we only have one (injured) Borini.

So in short yes I think we need a striker but we need more than one player and we need those players to cover multiple squads roles between them.
And people need to realise all that can't be achieved in 1 even 2 windows

cardiffpete

TIA Reserve Team
Iv heard Tadic has a ridiculous left foot on him and can put in a great delivery. What do you make to the following players, would love to know a bit more about them, and how they would possibly do in our team.

LB - Jetro Willems
No. 10 - Dries Mertens, Wijnaldum, Siem De Jong, Adam Maher,
Winger - Narsingh, Bacuna
Striker - Sigborson, Toivonen, Matavz
Willems- absolutely no, Mertens also absolutely no (one trick and only at home matches), Wijnaldum another no, Siem de Jong another no (although a very decent pro), Maher - maybe a superstar in the making, Narsingh - no, Bacuna -no, Sigthorson - always injured, Toivonen - a maybe (very decent player), Matavz -no.

Bony, Tadic, Djuricic, Martins Indi, van Rhijn, Lens, Clasie (a maybe), van Ginkel are by far the current best younger players in the Eredivisie ...and in that order.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
And people need to realise all that can't be achieved in 1 even 2 windows
We bought two players two years ago for 58 million quid, if Carroll had of brought his scoring boots with him instead of losing his form they would of done exactly what I listed above. I dont think it is outrageous to think we will see 2 or 3 goal scorers arrive. Rodgers has confirmed its what he wants to do.

TFC

TIA Squad Member

"I ask him to get on the move and get defenders out of their positions. It's then important that we've got men running in off that."
Well because if Suarez is going to get on the move and get defenders out of their positions, we need players who can take advantage of the out of position defenders and put the ball in the back of the net.