• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Is it time we won some silverware?

Commando

Ad-free Member
I put it on mute in the end. Became unbearable didn't it? Watched the game again on LFC tv, was much easier to watch and I really don't think we played badly at all, the slating Moreno received was totally unjust I feel. Keita also did a lot of nice things I failed to notice on first watch.

I never watch reruns of our defeats. It's bad enough seeing us lose in real time without viewing it again knowing the outcome. I do get what you're saying though regarding seeing things that you've missed on the first viewing. Moreno's pass inside to Milly that led to the first Wolves goal happened right in front of where I was standing. I swore as soon as he passed it. Even before Milly was tackled. He should have been more cautious and gone back to Fabinho? and started again. I've seen that difference in our play this season. We tend not to try and force the issue if the opposition are defending in numbers, but wait patiently for a crack or chink in their set up. I've not come on here to slate Moreno. A lot of it was down to the number of changes and enforced line up changes (Fab at centre back for one). Would Moreno have been more willing to play the ball back to VvD?

SirBillShankly

Joe and Holly's Dad
I never watch reruns of our defeats. It's bad enough seeing us lose in real time without viewing it again knowing the outcome. I do get what you're saying though regarding seeing things that you've missed on the first viewing. Moreno's pass inside to Milly that led to the first Wolves goal happened right in front of where I was standing. I swore as soon as he passed it. Even before Milly was tackled. He should have been more cautious and gone back to Fabinho? and started again. I've seen that difference in our play this season. We tend not to try and force the issue if the opposition are defending in numbers, but wait patiently for a crack or chink in their set up. I've not come on here to slate Moreno. A lot of it was down to the number of changes and enforced line up changes (Fab at centre back for one). Would Moreno have been more willing to play the ball back to VvD?
It was his only mistake, he delayed the pass, Milner made himself available and he held onto the ball too long. An experienced player like Milly should've know better than to be clever in the position he was in.

I totally agree with you about not watching re-runs of our defeats, I would NEVER watch a re-run of a defeat in a league or CL game, but getting knocked out of this cup doesn't upset me one bit. As much as I would like to see Hendo lifting a cup I prefer it if we enhance our chances of winning the proper competitions, in particular our bread and butter aka the league. If getting knocked out enhances our chances of winning the league or European Cup then I see it as nothing other than a blessing.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
It was his only mistake, he delayed the pass, Milner made himself available and he held onto the ball too long. An experienced player like Milly should've know better than to be clever in the position he was in.
When a pass comes to you in position where you were not ready to receive it, trying to sort your feet out and then got pressed by the opposing players can be seen as "not being clever". Moreno's one mistake which led to that goal should have been enough to tell us he doesn't use his brain to have enough awareness around him and his teammates before he release the pass. He's got pace as well, but I didn't see him racing back like bat out of hell to catch up after Fabinho mistimed his tackle.

Like Lovren, these guys' mistakes usually ended up conceding a goal. Which means their mistakes compromise the entire team's position too dearly. Can't have that when we want to win something....