Is this our best-ever team?

Danny_

Can't really say that they are the best ever until they win the league a couple more times. and maybe another European cup. I still consider Kenny's team in the late 80's to be the best I have ever seen.

These were pretty good as well though. :D

Last edited:

Perth Red

Deep in the wilds of outback Queensland
Can't really say that they are the best ever until they win the league a couple more times. and maybe another European cup. I still consider Kenny's team in the late 80's to be the best I have ever seen.

These were pretty good as well though. :D

They were brilliant and some of my heroes in there - Kenny, Hansen (what was he doing at centre forward for the 5th???), Steve Heighway, Ray Kennedy... they were a special team. Derby were no mugs then too.

Danny_

I said the Kenny team in 85 was the best I ever saw because I grew up in the 80s and only saw the tail end of the Dalgish/Rush era. That team in the 70s was just as good or better than anything we ever had - just never really saw them.

Danny_

Yup.
Easily the best team I've watched as an liverpool fan.
Have to agree - that team was incredible. Imagine what Kenny, Hansen, Souness, Clemence would be worth in today's market. Heighway and Kennedy were amazing as well. The current team is good but they need at least 3 more league titles before there is even a serious argument about them being the best ever or not

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Best Liverpool team this century? Yes, by a mile. But not the best ever. Let's see a hat-trick of league titles, or at least three in total, plus a couple more CL titles and maybe then we could say that it's on a par with Bob Paisley's Liverpool.

Jaytinho

I dont know the full history of the club season by season, but if we looking at entire SQUADS, bench, staff etc. Then is that the criteria? If that is so, then I do think this is the best LFC team in history

Rambler

Bootle Boy
Ad-free Member
This thread has gone a bit quiet of late :unsure: . We began to look fallible after it was opened.

Should be locked for a season or two. Even I experienced a rare episode of premature ejaculation...:rolleyes:.

I blame @SirBillShankly

Last edited: