• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Isco (CM) Malaga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Poor Scouser Tommy
Admin
Isco heads Liverpool transfer targets as Rodgers ramps up spending plans
Liverpool are targeting a trio of midfielders as manager Brendan Rodgers steps up his rebuilding plans at Anfield.

The club's scouts have identified Dinamo Zagreb's Marcelo Brozovic and Spanish duo Isco and Ander Herrera as potential signings.

Rodgers, who is aware that Steven Gerrard is approaching the twilight of his career, has so far been thwarted in his efforts to add substantial quality to his squad.

In demand: Malaga's midfielder Isco is likely to be much sought after

Croatian under 21 starlet Brozovic was watched during his side's Champions League defeat to Porto this week, according to the Daily Mirror.

Genoa and Lazio are also interested with Dinamo prepared to sell him next summer.

Rodgers is also keeping tabs on Malaga's Isco and Athletic Bilbao's Herrera. The former could be available in a cut-price deal due to his club's perilous financial situation but is likely to be in demand across Europe.

Wanted: Marcelo Brozovic (right) has also caught Liverpool's eye

Herrera meanwhile, impressed during Bibao's run to the Europa League final last season and is also on Manchester United's radar.

The 22-year-old is valued at £16million.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz276GqdVet

supereddman98

I wanted him in the summer when it looked like Malaga were in a position to sell, not sure if we'll be in with a shout anymore due to Malaga still preforming well and his stock rising.

Digary

He is going to be a cracking player (is already extremely good) but i'm not sure he is what we need.
He scored two absolute pearlers against Zenit the other night.

Sweeting

Isco and Herrera are quality, don't know about the other lad - I assume this means we aren't confident about keeping Sahin and will finally be looking to phase Gerrard out?

sami

TIA First Team
His technique is already so good. Very composed on the ball.

His 2nd goal was superb, an absolute cracker, but i like the first one more. Good feet, and that technique and a neat finish too. Can always admire a midfielder who can get into the box.

OhYaBeauty

Since he's a local boy I think it would be hard to lure him away from Malaga, especially with the wages he's on there. I've heard somewhere on the interwebs that he's very loyal to Malaga and it would likely take them being unable to continue paying him for him to leave.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Er, he
Since he's a local boy I think it would be hard to lure him away from Malaga, especially with the wages he's on there. I've heard somewhere on the interwebs that he's very loyal to Malaga and it would likely take them being unable to continue paying him for him to leave.
I know he's from there, but he only signed for Malaga last summer. Was a Valencia player for 5 years prior to that. That's like saying if we'd signed Kevin Nolan that he'd never leave, since he was born in Liverpool and supported us as a lad.

redbj

hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road
certainly what we need though, another midfielder.

ILLOK

In the Danger Zone.
Ad-free Member
certainly what we need though, another midfielder.
Will do if Sahin goes back to madrid and Rodgers doesn't think Stevie's upto much anymore, or if he doesn't rate Henderson too highly.

Obviously a striker is first priority though.

OhYaBeauty

Er, he

I know he's from there, but he only signed for Malaga last summer. Was a Valencia player for 5 years prior to that. That's like saying if we'd signed Kevin Nolan that he'd never leave, since he was born in Liverpool and supported us as a lad.
I know he left for Valencia and I know he only just got back. Just saying what I heard.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I don't think there is any real substance in these rumours. I know that Isco is a player many clubs are casting their glances at but if Shelvey and Suso are designated for that attacking midfield role and continue their progress, do we actually need such a player? It's nice having extremely talented players but what's the point of having a good academy if those players won't be given a chance? Also, I believe there are more pressing matters to be resolved first, like not having strikers at all.

spizfromoz

Es maluco, filho da puta!
Agree Nikola, both the players you mention should make a bigger impact soon. Cutting them off in their prime seems ridiculous.

allybally00

TIA Squad Member
He would be a fantastic signing if we were able to pull it off but his stock is rising and rising so we may not be able to afford him or attract him away from Malaga.

RedJacko

TIA Youth Team
However, according to the Mirror / People he's a striker! I've no idea. I've never seen him play and until a few weeks ago I'd never even heard of him.

So, midfielder? Striker? Which is it?

Hes an attacking midfielder that likes to operate in the hole, not a striker.

DeathOrGlory

Fortune Favours the Gegenpress
We're deluding ourselves by keeping this open, but it's good to click "new content" and see the Hazard/Mata/Silva threads remind myself of better days.

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
He will end up at Real Madrid or Barca, so it is really not worth bothering with this rumour ...

Anthony

Outstanding talent no doubt but we won't go for him. Our midfield is packed and we have priorities in other positions that Brendan will use whatever resources he gets

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Agree with that - hopefully we'll sign a quality striker before we add more depth to the midfield.

ChicagoRed

Banned Users
Liverpool and Manchester City transfer target Isco is 'not for sale', according to Malaga sporting director Mario Husillos.
But the Malaga chief also confirmed Isco has a €21m buyout clause in his contract, and the La Liga club would be left powerless to stop him leaving if an interested party activated the clause.
Isco is a product of the Valencia youth academy but moved to Malaga in 2011, and the 20-year-old has represented Spain at every youth level from under-16 through to under-23.

And the Spain star has attracted the interest of a number of Premier League clubs, including Manchester City and Liverpool.
But his employers in Spain are very keen to hold onto the playmaker.
"Isco? He is our player, so important for the club, he is not for sale," said Husillos on Italian source calciomercato.com.
"But you all know that there is a buyout clause. If a club will pay it, it would not depend anymore on us."
And when asked if Isco could leave the club for €21m, Husillos said: "Exactly, but we would like to hold him here with us."
The attacking midfielder first emerged as a target for Liverpool in the summer, as Brendan Rodgers looked to add creativity to the Reds midfield. Liverpool are still thought to be keen on the Malaga ace, and could reignite their interest when the window opens in January.
But Manchester City are thought to have entered the race to sign the youngster, after Isco put together a string of fine performances in the Champions League and La Liga in the early part of this season. Roberto Mancini could look to strengthen his squad in January, after a relatively subdued summer window - at least compared to previous expenditures.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Liverpool and Manchester City transfer target Isco is 'not for sale', according to Malaga sporting director Mario Husillos.
But the Malaga chief also confirmed Isco has a €21m buyout clause in his contract, and the La Liga club would be left powerless to stop him leaving if an interested party activated the clause.
Isco is a product of the Valencia youth academy but moved to Malaga in 2011, and the 20-year-old has represented Spain at every youth level from under-16 through to under-23.

And the Spain star has attracted the interest of a number of Premier League clubs, including Manchester City and Liverpool.
But his employers in Spain are very keen to hold onto the playmaker.
"Isco? He is our player, so important for the club, he is not for sale," said Husillos on Italian source calciomercato.com.
"But you all know that there is a buyout clause. If a club will pay it, it would not depend anymore on us."
And when asked if Isco could leave the club for €21m, Husillos said: "Exactly, but we would like to hold him here with us."
The attacking midfielder first emerged as a target for Liverpool in the summer, as Brendan Rodgers looked to add creativity to the Reds midfield. Liverpool are still thought to be keen on the Malaga ace, and could reignite their interest when the window opens in January.
But Manchester City are thought to have entered the race to sign the youngster, after Isco put together a string of fine performances in the Champions League and La Liga in the early part of this season. Roberto Mancini could look to strengthen his squad in January, after a relatively subdued summer window - at least compared to previous expenditures.

He isn't for sale but he can be bought. Face palm moment!

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
I don't get it. They are not selling him, but if a team matches the clause what can they do? I didn't know he had a clause or at what number so I shared.
Agreeing with you mate its pretty dumb of any manager of a top wanted player to come out and announce to all and sundry "HE IS NOT FOR SALE!!!" if you then have to sheepishly admit ".....but he does actually have a buyout clause so we kind of have to sell him if somebody wants to buy him bad enough!" Made then look a bit silly to be honest.

I'm actually not that fussed, if you looked at him 2 or 3 seasons ago and Suso now I think we have the better player just couple of seasons behind because he is bit younger.

ubermick

Willing to drive Lovren to the airport
Admin
Probably just a way for Malaga to say "If you want him, pay the release clause, don't fuck about trying to get him on the cheap."

Agree with Anfield Dreamer. I think Suso will be a fantastic talent, and the ideal candidate to take over the attacking central midfield job when Stevie hangs up his boots in a couple of seasons. Stop faffing about with midfielders, and get someone in who can stick the @#$%@# ball in the @#[email protected]# net, please.

Mascot88

Yours for £1m. Need to make room for Dean Saunders
Admin
Him having a release clause won't be any secret to clubs. His agent will know about it, therefore any club which interests him will know.

It's more a case of the chairman saying if you want him that's your price, and staying on the right side of the fans by making it look like they don't want to sell.

KingLuis7

TIA Youth Team
Him having a release clause won't be any secret to clubs. His agent will know about it, therefore any club which interests him will know.

It's more a case of the chairman saying if you want him that's your price, and staying on the right side of the fans by making it look like they don't want to sell.
All players in Spain must have a release clause in their contracts - it's not a secret to anyone! Most of them are astronomical though.

Can be some bargains from them, Gonzalo Castro had one of 18,000 euros last season due to an error writing up his contract - I'm assuming it has been fixed up by now though. Source: http://www.realmallo...0-buyout-clause

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Man City are now supposedly interested in Cisco, but as it's in the People, it's probably not to be believed.

http://www.mirror.co..._medium=twitter

Manchester City want to add two more Spaniards to their ranks next summer with moves being made for Malaga sensation Isco and Athletic Bilbao’s academy chief Jose Maria Amorrortu, writes the Sunday People.
Txiki Begiristain, City’s new director of football, is stepping up his pursuit of 19-year-old Isco in a bid to beat off competition from Premier League rivals Liverpool.

And with work now well under way on the club’s new £100million, state-of-the-art academy complex, the Blues chief has identified his old friend Amorrortu as the man to oversee youth development.
No formal move has yet been made for Amorrortu, but Sunday People Sport understands the 59-year-old is aware of Begiristain’s interest and is willing to discuss the plans being put in place in the north-west.

Status
Not open for further replies.