• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

Isco (CM) Malaga

Status
Not open for further replies.

legalalien

Watcher of the skies
Yeah, I got mixed up. You see, the Cisco kid he was a friend of mine ... he drink whiskey, Pacheco drink the wine ...

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
Probably one of the players I want to see most in a Liverpool jersey next year. I know we have striking problems but our midfield is lacking some serious class too and the question of finding a real top class player to take over for Gerrard is still a question. While Shelvey, Henderson and Suso are good players, there are still some doubts about them. I however have no doubts that this kid would more than replace Stevie. He would fit just perfectly with Rogers' desired style of play too.

http://www.dailymoti...-valencia_sport

Also scored a belter from outside the box too.

If Malaga's owners really are looking to sell up all of their best players, Isco must surely be a player to look at. He'll be a 50 million pound player in two years.

Alex_LFC

Probably one of the players I want to see most in a Liverpool jersey next year. I know we have striking problems but our midfield is lacking some serious class too and the question of finding a real top class player to take over for Gerrard is still a question. While Shelvey, Henderson and Suso are good players, there are still some doubts about them. I however have no doubts that this kid would more than replace Stevie. He would fit just perfectly with Rogers' desired style of play too.

http://www.dailymoti...-valencia_sport

Also scored a belter from outside the box too.

If Malaga's owners really are looking to sell up all of their best players, Isco must surely be a player to look at. He'll be a 50 million pound player in two years.
Think he also got a release clause of around 19 mil or so, so this would be a buy with big resale value.

No Men in the Box Redux

Keyboard Warrior
Think he also got a release clause of around 19 mil or so, so this would be a buy with big resale value.
I really hope that is true and that our transfer people are on top of this situation. He's going to a big club this summer no matter what. Would hate to see him at a United or Chelsea...come on FSG, make this happen!

WrinkledMind

Living A Life Consumed By Slow Decay.
He is a really good talent.Would be awesome if he ends up here.

norwegian wood

TIA Regular
I really hope that is true and that our transfer people are on top of this situation. He's going to a big club this summer no matter what. Would hate to see him at a United or Chelsea...come on FSG, make this happen!
I reckon we could be a serious option for him if he wants to go to England. Chelsea have enough attacking midfielders, ManU have Kagawa and Rooney, City have Silva. We're the only top club (with the potential to be a top team) where he would walk into the starting eleven.

There's always Spurs though...

lfc.8

Spurs have Dempsey and Sigurdsson while we have Gerrard, Shelvey and Suso.

Weaknesses of the squad are the two forward positions up front along side Suarez, left back and to an extent an attacking midfielder. Isco would be a good option. Though depends on where Gerrard is played.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
He is a really good talent.Would be awesome if he ends up here.
I'm yet to see him play live but some of the things he does on highlights... He reminds me of David Silva pretty much and I wouldn't be surprised to see a bidding war ensue - virtually every top team is after him, according to reports. Given how static some of our midfielders are sometimes, I wouldn't mind getting him but first a decision has to be made in regards to other positions we need strengthening in and, of course, to youngsters playing in similar positions.

MarlboroMan

Vertrauen Sie mir
If Isco can play RWF than I'd be all over him! We do have Suso and Shelvey for the central attacking midfield role and spending 20m+ on Isco will hurt them. So if he can play as a wide forward than by all means he should be our number 1 target this summer.

lfc.8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUHf0_ZG3Mo&feature=g-high

Macedonian_Red

Banned Users
I don't know why this thread is still open, or why anyone would think that a top Spanish prospect would join LFC ...

OhYaBeauty

If Isco can play RWF than I'd be all over him! We do have Suso and Shelvey for the central attacking midfield role and spending 20m+ on Isco will hurt them. So if he can play as a wide forward than by all means he should be our number 1 target this summer.
He can play there, but he wouldn't be coming here to be a first choice RF and its not his natural position. He kind of played that role against Valencia a few weeks back (when he pulled off that insane bit of skill that there's a .gif* of a few pages back) but the problem is, wherever he plays, he wanders and ends up all over the pitch. It would be good because he can interchange positions, but I'm not sure he has the discipline to play as a wide forward in our system. He pops up everywhere, which is great, but in our system the wide forwards are expected to be in a certain position. I'm not sure Isco can do that.

He'd be great at the AM role, which I'm starting to think we need since Gerrard no longer plays there. But with Shelvey and Suso, I'm not sure we want another 20 year old there. All three of them are well suited to the AM role, but really none of them are able to play as a CM and certainly not at DM. So there's no way we'd be able to play any two of them at the same time.

Isco is probably the next Iniesta or Silva. But I don't think he'd be a smart buy, considering his price at the moment, our needs, and what we have. Its a good thing, too, because there's no way he'd come here.

lfc.eddie

"¿Plata... O Plomo?"
Watching that youtube may or may not give justice to the skill this fella has, and I admit, don't really put a lot of attention on him when I watched La Liga. Having said that, watch closely.... he is 2 years older and played in the first team for awhile now. Not too different from that creative Spanish boy we have in our team, Suso. If we harness Suso's talent and skill, beef him up a bit more and with more experience, you will see a pretty similar player.

TippRed

TIA Youth Team
Watching that youtube may or may not give justice to the skill this fella has, and I admit, don't really put a lot of attention on him when I watched La Liga. Having said that, watch closely.... he is 2 years older and played in the first team for awhile now. Not too different from that creative Spanish boy we have in our team, Suso. If we harness Suso's talent and skill, beef him up a bit more and with more experience, you will see a pretty similar player.
Very similar to Suso, the one thing he has over Suso at the moment is scoring goals. However I think this may be a result of having alot more first team experience than Suso.I've said it before and I'll say it again he is quality and he will end up at Barca or Real and will be a world star.Suso can be just as good, he just needs more time at 1st team level.

jujungman

TIA Reserve Team
i think every team needs a few pocket dynamos..not just 1. man city has a few...chelsea has a few and man utd just bought one but he broke. i think having players like Suso and someone like Isco and suarez will be hugely beneficial. just really hard to get players like this unless u do a lucky dip when u buy players at 16-17 and they turn out to be like this.

benjamin

Theres no doubt he is a class act but just cannot see Malaga letting him go. Not when they have done so well in the champions league this term. We could deffinely do with him judging by gerrards perfomances of late

gr_sounder

Theres no doubt he is a class act but just cannot see Malaga letting him go. Not when they have done so well in the champions league this term. We could deffinely do with him judging by gerrards perfomances of late
Then again, this is the same Malaga that is facing disciplinary action for not paying the players wages.
It is occasionally hard to keep players if you can't pay them.

callanlfc

We should be doing everything we can to sign this guy, he has just won Golden Boy 2012 and scored 2 against Madrid. Malaga are in financial trouble and Isco has a release clause of 20million Euros we should be doing everything we can to sign him then looking at the likes of Sturridge if it's not possible. Then again who knows we may have tried to get him or may try to get him.

Nikola

"Oh, history writer, don't close the pages yet!"
Admin
I'm afraid that this one is really a pie in the sky. Every top club will be after him. That said, he would have the best chances of playing week in, week out at Liverpool. Just saying... lol

By the way, is he only a no. 10?

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Considering the financial circumstance of malaga i sense they will cash in on him. They have till march 31 to clear their financial slate. Cant see him staying there to as malaga will be banned from further participation in europe for 3 years?. Could be a brilliant signing. If not, i still think suso is a player of similar caliber.

*corballyred*

Would love the lad but don't think we are the most attractive proposition at the moment and don't think we would be willing to pay the wages needed to attract him.

grooveshark

Banned Users
Would love the lad but don't think we are the most attractive proposition at the moment and don't think we would be willing to pay the wages needed to attract him.
dont think he is earning a tonne.Pay the release clause and a good salary......the likes of Cazorla and Mata are earning 70k and 60k respectively.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
dont think he is earning a tonne.Pay the release clause and a good salary......the likes of Cazorla and Mata are earning 70k and 60k respectively.
The difference is they have the carrott of playing C/L to dangle in front of any target which we don't, so until such time as we build a squad capable of claiming a top 4 spot, we will have virtually no chance of signing a player like this.

grooveshark

Banned Users
The difference is they have the carrott of playing C/L to dangle in front of any target which we don't, so until such time as we build a squad capable of claiming a top 4 spot, we will have virtually no chance of signing a player like this.
a good amount of players will move if things are not looking up. The thing i dont get is why they dont target the top talent. They target a lot of british players when you could get a tonne of talent from other leagues on the cheap and they would deliver better.I would have rather Benat or Isco to Joe Allen, both would have gone for around the same seeing the amount of trouble Spanish teams are in when it comes to finances

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
a good amount of players will move if things are not looking up. The thing i dont get is why they dont target the top talent. They target a lot of british players when you could get a tonne of talent from other leagues on the cheap and they would deliver better.I would have rather Benat or Isco to Joe Allen, both would have gone for around the same seeing the amount of trouble Spanish teams are in when it comes to finances
But how do you know that?

Who we target covers a lot more players than who we land.

We go for three players a Brazillian, a Spaniard and a Welshman.

Maybe the Brazillian cares if we are challenging for the league whilst the Spaniard is only interested in clubs playing Champions League.

Meanwhile the Welshman goes "Holy crap the mighty Liverpool want to sign me? They are iconic where do I sign?"

See how we can still appeal to British talent more than Foriegn?

Saying that Rodgers has so far signed 4 players only one has been British even if two of the three he looks to sign in Jan are British thats still only 3 British to 3/4 foriegn.

grooveshark

Banned Users
But how do you know that?

Who we target covers a lot more players than who we land.

We go for three players a Brazillian, a Spaniard and a Welshman.

Maybe the Brazillian cares if we are challenging for the league whilst the Spaniard is only interested in clubs playing Champions League.

Meanwhile the Welshman goes "Holy crap the mighty Liverpool want to sign me? They are iconic where do I sign?"

See how we can still appeal to British talent more than Foriegn?

Saying that Rodgers has so far signed 4 players only one has been British even if two of the three he looks to sign in Jan are British thats still only 3 British to 3/4 foriegn.
Allen and Borini were always BR's targets because he had worked with them, Allen at Swansea, Borini at Chelsea and Swansea. Assaidi was the one target that i did not know of by name, but someone had pointed out that they were looking at wingers in the eredivise.Did the team look at Spain? Nope, and the same hasnt happened this window.Targeting Walcott was a mistake, and his next best replacement was to go for Sturridge (has talent, but my word his selfishness does my head in), and Ince. That locks the wide forward/wingers position with Ince, Sturridge, Sterling, Assaidi, Borini, Downing and Suso and also makes it harder to add players.I would rather they tried to get some of these top players and got turned down rather than settle for less which is what has been happening. You need quality if you are to get better, but the focus is on youth while the team looks to wind down some of the bad contracts, and that takes time. Young players take time to mature, and lack of success or significant wages will make them move as they begin to show a tonne of potential, its a futile cycle.

Anfield rd Dreamer

Ad-free Member
Allen and Borini were always BR's targets because he had worked with them, Allen at Swansea, Borini at Chelsea and Swansea. Assaidi was the one target that i did not know of by name, but someone had pointed out that they were looking at wingers in the eredivise.Did the team look at Spain? Nope, and the same hasnt happened this window.Targeting Walcott was a mistake, and his next best replacement was to go for Sturridge (has talent, but my word his selfishness does my head in), and Ince. That locks the wide forward/wingers position with Ince, Sturridge, Sterling, Assaidi, Borini, Downing and Suso and also makes it harder to add players.I would rather they tried to get some of these top players and got turned down rather than settle for less which is what has been happening. You need quality if you are to get better, but the focus is on youth while the team looks to wind down some of the bad contracts, and that takes time. Young players take time to mature, and lack of success or significant wages will make them move as they begin to show a tonne of potential, its a futile cycle.
Lot of facts in there.

How do you know?

What we are linked with and who we are looking at are not one and the same.

How do you know who we did and didn't make enquiries over?

Because I know I don't for sure, I know some but no way I could possibly know all.

Status
Not open for further replies.