• Hey Guest!
    Enjoy the This Is Anfield Forums but want to remove the adverts? Now you can do so by clicking here.
    Thanks for your support!

It's back! How to remove adverts on the This Is Anfield Forums

Max

We are tentatively trialing the option for forum members upgrade for an advert-free experience on the This Is Anfield Forums. If successful, we'll continue it, and probably add an annual payment option, and potentially extend to the main site eventually too.

Remove adverts on This Is Anfield Forums — £1 per month:
By supporting This Is Anfield, this upgrade removes all adverts from the forum pages of This Is Anfield when you're logged in, and adds a "Ad-free Member" sticker on your profile.

Update: Choose the PayPal payment option if your local currency is not GBP.

Any feedback (payment, process, pricing etc) would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Max

Last edited:

RedSeven

On the one road
Ad-free Member
We are tentatively trialing the option for forum members upgrade for an advert-free experience on the This Is Anfield Forums. If successful, we'll continue it, and probably add an annual payment option, and potentially extend to the main site eventually too.

Remove adverts on This Is Anfield Forums — £1 per month:
By supporting This Is Anfield, this upgrade removes all adverts from the forum pages of This Is Anfield when you're logged in, and adds a "Valued Member" sticker on your profile.

Any feedback (payment, process, pricing etc) would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Max
Didn't you have this till last year and for some reason stopped.

I also only seem to be able to pay for 1 month, might be cos I'm on my phone, but is there an option to pay for 3 months for now.

Last edited:

Max

Didn't you have this till last year and for some reason stopped.
Yep, a few years ago now, not enough people upgraded to make it worthwhile, so hopefully we have a sustainable solution now. But it does rely on signups to continue.

I also only seem to be able to pay for 1 month, might be cos I'm on my phone, but is there an option to pay for 3 months for now.
You can only sign up by month (recurring subscription) for now. As above...

If successful, we'll continue it, and probably add an annual payment option, and potentially extend to the main site eventually too.

indianscouser

Anything But Normal
Ad-free Member
Very happy to subscribe as you guys have done a brilliant job in maintaining this forum. This is part and parcel of my life and something which I will gladly pay for.
Any idea when the annual subscription will be available? I'd like to subscribe annually as sometimes my credit card company charges for international transactions .
Cheers and YNWA!

Max

Very happy to subscribe as you guys have done a brilliant job in maintaining this forum. This is part and parcel of my life and something which I will gladly pay for.
Any idea when the annual subscription will be available? I'd like to subscribe annually as sometimes my credit card company charges for international transactions .
Cheers and YNWA!
We’ve put it on a monthly payment for now in case not enough people subscribe and we need to abandon it (there’s overheads and work involved in running it). If it’s a success, we’ll introduce annual subscriptions but it could be a few months/longer/never down the line.

nobluff

Official TIA Match Thread Starter
Dont you make more from Adsense? Or is this more a member feature?

Bonus

TIA New Signing
Ad-free Member
quite happy to pay the £1 a month fee, (just havent got round to it yet) its good value for money, after all,
and more importantly I appreciate all the hard work that goes into running this site.

So what, its a £1 a month?

its nothing....

I do have 1 small gripe though, the valved member tag.
as now everyone knows who subscribes and who doesnt,
do we need to know who pays and who doesnt?

Also I await the first argument where a valued member tells non valued member
something along the lines of "you dont even pay to come on this site!"

so is the valued member tag necessary?

Max

Support for USD and AUD have been added so members can avoid bank currency fees. Will add more currencies in due course.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
I get where your coming from, and whilst it would not surprise me if someone did pull that out, looking at some of the members who have paid I think there are enough level-headed members that would tell said poster to wind their neck in.

Kopstar

★★★★★★
Ad-free Member
quite happy to pay the £1 a month fee, (just havent got round to it yet) its good value for money, after all,
and more importantly I appreciate all the hard work that goes into running this site.

So what, its a £1 a month?

its nothing....

I do have 1 small gripe though, the valved member tag.
as now everyone knows who subscribes and who doesnt,
do we need to know who pays and who doesnt?

so is the valued member tag necessary?
There were no such comments the last time, I very much doubt that there would be this time.

AussieLad

TIA Regular
Ad-free Member
There were no such comments the last time, I very much doubt that there would be this time.
I can't remember, but did it come up with the valued member badge last time?