Jürgen Klopp: 2016-17

Discussion in 'The Albert - LFC Talk' started by El Dorado, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott Jones

Scott Jones Blunt

I'm fucked if I know.:eh?:

Born_red, melbournered and Nevoo34 like this.
  2. El Dorado

El Dorado Shakin' and stirred

Shiver me timbers. A post here with the word "Klopp" in it.

eng.amohd, Fester and Scott Jones like this.
  3. lfc.eddie

lfc.eddie "¿Plata... O Plomo?" Valued Member

I stood by the fact that the Barcelona trio played nearly all the games that season they won the treble, no sign of fatigue shown in that season. You then inserted that they collapsed the following season, which has nothing to do with the season they won the treble, which was what ZBiscan was stating - needing a big squad if we want to be in Europe. So my counter argument with ZBiscan is that the Barcelona trio that season played more than anyone else and won more than anyone else, so it is possible to have small squad if they have the fitness level for that season to go through them. Your argument was they collapsed the following season, which took the argument to another topic all together. So you Trump-ing me?

4. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Yes, but were they gegenpressing the whole time ....... ?

5. lfc.eddie

We don't do that all the time either....

6. Fester

Fester Well-Known Member Valued Member

Of course we do ..... ! :rolleyes:

;-)

7. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

as a posting style, you gegenpress the fuck out of the whole forum 100% of the time with 100% effort...yet show no sign of fatigue....

maybe Eddie should hold motivational talks with the players....

8. El Dorado

El Dorado Shakin' and stirred

I've often wondered if Eddie is actually a team of at least four people located in equidistant quadrants of the globe all trained to post in the same style. Or perhaps Eddie is some AI experiment created by an obsessed LFC fan who works at Google.

9. Artrain

Artrain Well-Known Member

Or we can just invite the players on the forums so they'll think, 'Fuck me, we have it easier with Klopp'. lol

Quagmire81 likes this.
  10. melbournered

melbournered Member

Early contender for post of the year!

11. Dave-D

Dave-D Well-Known Member

12. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

He's just calling it as he sees it. I think his preference would be to assemble a squad capable of fighting on multiple fronts, rather than sacking off competitions entirely. He wants to win.

13. Quagmire81

Quagmire81 TIA Regular

If he IS human he's clearly must in house arrest with all that posting.

14. NYRhockey

NYRhockey Well-Known Member

I like this quote from the article:

""They are all human beings and of course they are influenced by the things they see every day," Klopp said of his players. "Did I learn anything new about them in the last few weeks? Yes. A lot of what I wanted to learn? No. But that is how it is."

This downtime hopefully (and it seems to have) brought things to the surface with the players that Klopp hadn't seen before that he can address in the summer window.

15. SirBillShankly

SirBillShankly Joe and Holly's dad

I see Kloppo is cancelling the Australian trip and we are having a 6 day training camp in Germany instead.

This guy is is total control and I like that idea.

16. SirBillShankly

I think you'll find Eddie is in fact a robot, automatically replying in every thread.

17. redbj

redbj hurry up, July 1st, let's get the show on the road

Klopp out!

Libero and Scott Jones like this.
  18. SirBillShankly

Haha, I knew this wouldn't go down well with you guys Down under.

Extend his contract by a further 7 years I say ;-)

Jurgen Trump, banning all travel to Australia.:well done:

19. lfc.eddie

My name being mentioned as much as the manager's in his thread? Dayum....

redbj and jabu like this.
  20. cardiffpete

cardiffpete TIA Reserve Team

Looks like we'll play the PL Asia Trophy in HongKong in late July 2017.

EPL has a massive sponsorship deal with China for about 500m+ a year and then with some quid-pro-quo promises in-place to donate 2~3 EPL teams to play in a split China (Shanghai) /HKG ultra-quick 4 team format mini-league for a few days. The normal idea here is that one single Top 6 EPL team participates along with one mid-level (inside joke for any hongkongers on here) team and one lower-level EPL side. The inside bets for 2017 are LFC, Soton and one other side, depending maybe on who survives the drop this season. Low-level stuff.

Hongkong is pretty volatile in late July though. Loads of typhoon near-misses (or else actual hits and about 5 a month passing along) and some very high hot-and-humid stuff. Some threaten to come in from the PI and Taiwan directions, but never arrive and others do. The main bulk of the torrential dark-rain stuff has mostly past, but still some after affects. I'm almost probably going to be there around this time-frame ...so why not catch LFC playing a friendly too? Nice and easy to do too.

Yep ...and Trump canceling good relations with OZ. Our German guy probably also sampling his home climate too. I'm very happy with less-travel though and less publicity based trips and jaunts. Better to focus more on proper pre-season preps.

21. Kanonkop

Kanonkop Well-Known Member

HK - fantastic city. Anybody going will have a good time for sure. I think it's good that the club is doing a China pre-season thsi time. That's the growth market for sure.

cardiffpete likes this.
  22. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Reds boss conducted FA Cup style draw to determine roommates for training camp ...

Players usually have their own rooms on away trips but Klopp decided he wanted them to share during their four-night stay at the five-star Hotel Principe Felipe as part of his team building exercise.

Reds captain Jordan Henderson is in with Sheyi Ojo, while vice-captain James Milner has Sadio Mane for company.

“We had this little funny gimmick. Bringing the players together by putting them in twin rooms,” Klopp told the ECHO.

“It wasn't a free choice! I picked the names out of the hat.

Lallana and Manninger. Henderson is with Ojo, Milner with Sadio. Firmino and Karius – nice room!

Simon Mignolet is with Conor Masterson, I'm not sure that Simon even knew Conor before this trip. But after four days here he really will.

“The players are learning more about each other. Everything has been perfectly organised.

“We've had a few meetings and we'll have a few more of them. I'm enjoying it and I think the players are too.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jurgen-klopp-changed-liverpools-sleeping-12619371

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    RobLFC, Kanonkop, Maria and 1 other person like this.
  23. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Maria and Scott Jones like this.
  24. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

Reds boss reveals negotiations have already started to bring players to Anfield in next transfer window

Jurgen Klopp has revealed that Liverpool are already working on a number of transfer deals for the summer as he bids to ensure he has a squad capable of competing on all fronts next season.

The Reds boss admits the scale of his business will depend to an extent on whether Liverpool qualify for the Champions League.

A lack of depth was exposed during the club's January slump and Klopp is determined to bolster his options in order to help secure the first silverware of his Anfield reign.

The ECHO understands that Bayer Leverkusen winger Julian Brandt is one of the Reds' top targets.

There won't be wholesale changes this summer but Klopp believes a number of top class additions will help take Liverpool to the next level.

“We are in talks with different people - players, agents, all that stuff,” Klopp told the ECHO in an exclusive interview at the club's La Manga training base.

“Not a lot of decisions have been already made at this point. Why should they at this stage?

“But we are on the way. At the end I'm sure we will have a really good squad.

We already have a good squad and a few more players will make it even better. There is a good base.

Asked if Liverpool needed Champions League football in order to attract the players he wants, Klopp said: “I actually don't think so but we will see.

“We don't have to talk about the Champions League now because we are not even qualified.

“But of course if we are in the Champions League then it would have an influence. We would need a deeper squad and you have to be prepared for that. No question.

"Even with the league this season, we could have needed a deeper squad with the injuries we had. But we're through that now.

“We will adapt our plans to the number of tournaments we play next year.”There will certainly be fewer outgoings than last summer when 13 players departed – the joint highest exodus in Anfield history.

Klopp made six signings before the season started and then opted not to do any business in January - despite funds being made available - as none of his targets were available.

"We have a long-term plan but a few things will change because you always have to react to situations," he added.

"We have to perform until the end of the season and then we will do a review, looking back on the good things and bad things. Then we will make final decisions.

"We don't block opportunities, we don't keep someone for just maybe one or two cup games.

"A few boys were among those who left last summer. I thought we gave them a really good education and they were ready to go somewhere else and play."

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/klopp-liverpool-talks-over-new-12622616#ICID=sharebar_twitter

25. Zinedine Biscan

Zinedine Biscan Trust in Klopp

Just seen the piece on the Echo. Pleased we've already started the process, and encouraged Brandt is one of those on our radar, looks like a real prospect.

26. Steve_LFC

Steve_LFC Well-Known Member

I am just pleased that Klopp seemed to have learned from this seasons experience/ collapse... and has recognized our lack of quality depth.

My only concern is what quality will actually come in and is a GK one of them.

Scott Jones likes this.
  27. Livvy

Livvy Well-Known Member

28. lfc.eddie

Appreciate you trying to pass on information that you know to the people in here, but..... What? What? and What on earth?

The sponsorship from China is from their cable tele company, Suning, paid £560m for the broadcast rights. The very same group that owns Inter Milan. They won it via an open bidding system, and has nothing to do with the league. Suning also owns a club in Shanghai, so it is not in their interest to make sure the Premier League club involve in some mini leagues there. That is a separate deal between Premier League and other sponsors, and it usually cost around £5-10m per team. Let's not make things up as we go....

Lastly for someone who can give us so much info about China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, you would have realised that people in Hong Kong is not known as Hongkongers... They are usually referred to as Hongkies, and it is not a derogatory term for a southerner in America. And Klopp's tour cancellation has nothing to do with Trump not getting along with Aussie PM, let's not make things up like the Trump admin.

Chewbazza likes this.
  29. Bonus

Bonus TIA New Signing

Wow.....
    there you go eh.....

30. Red Armada

Red Armada TIA Regular

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.